Sign in to follow this  
WOTB

OPEN DAY TODAY, WHO`S GOING

A word of warning for the misers though, it`ll cost you a quid to get in.Still that`s capitalism for you[:P]

I''ll be stood outside the Jarrold handing out all the counterfeit £1 coins I''ve been lumbered with over the last 6 months to anyone who''s a bit skint and wants to go in....

It''s the least that I can do for the floundering finances of the club...."WOTCHA"!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Not if you''re going Wrath ;-p[/quote]well I might be, then I might not.If you go and see a Nana stood outside, give him a quid to get in.

[quote user="WOTB"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Not if you''re going Wrath ;-p[/quote]

well I might be, then I might not.

If you go and see a Nana stood outside, give him a quid to get in.
[/quote]

I also need money for a bus too. [:)]

I would normally go to the forum which is I believe with McNally & Holt, hope someone is kind enough to give us some feedback about the questions asked.

I confess that I went to the open day as I took my 18 month old for his first visit to his new place of worship. Now I don''t mind adults paying a quid to get in as we know the situation we are in but to charge for 18 month olds is IMO wrong. Not a moan in general about McNally as I do think he is a breath of fresh air but in this instance I think it is wrong.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i suppose it is a little harsh, but if they clearly state entrance is £1 then it should be paid.[/quote]

Oh come on! The Stewards, gate men, advertising, etc have all got to be paid...... why run the event at a loss?

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i suppose it is a little harsh, but if they clearly state entrance is £1 then it should be paid.[/quote]

Oh come on! The Stewards, gate men, advertising, etc have all got to be paid...... why run the event at a loss?

[/quote]

I am suggesting that entry fees for adults is perfectly reasonable however there aren''t many instances where you have to pay entry fees for under 3''s. Even the stewards were not keen on it.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I am suggesting that entry fees for adults is perfectly reasonable however there aren''t many instances where you have to pay entry fees for under 3''s. Even the stewards were not keen on it.

[/quote]

whats £1 for a good day out?!

Cost cutting, that''s all. Hardly profiteering at £1.00 a head.

The club bled money for a few years with managers and their staffs being paid off, loan signings that didn''t pay off etc. Look what happened. It''s good to see this change of approach. Every penny counts in football these days.

The Q&A was all rather tame, not breaking news to report really.

Mcnally said the Greek guy rumours aren''t true.

Chester (the scout) said we have 5 scouts. one in scotland, one in the north, the Midlands and the south. Robert Fleck will be scouting the non leagues.

Forster didn''t come back because lambert prefers to own the players and to loan him for another season was going to cost about 4x what it did last year.

OTBC

I also think that a pound should have been charged for every black-fly that was sneaking in on the supporters new replica bright yellow football shirts as they entered the stadium......Now that''s marketing, and the club debt would be cleared in no time....  

I''m boycotting it because the big nasty mean club have decided to charge £1, this isn''t the friendly family club it used to be [:''(]

I went to the Supporters Forum and here are my observations.  Panel was Richard Gough (Customer Services), David McNally, Grant Holt, Ewan Chester (new Chief Scout).  Neil Adams was in the Chair.Asked about the season the phrases used by the panel were to "give it a go" (GH), "win more than we lose" (DMcN).  Not just consolidate.  Finances - much the same as we''ve heard before.  Our debt level is not sustainable in the Championship.  We''re seeking investment - if we can''t find it DMcN says we need a Plan B.  Promotion would of course be one solution.Ticket admin fee - is to help cover costs of issuing tickets.  Other increases - DMcN says we need to raise revenue where we can hence extra seats - and would consider putting more in next year eg 500 or 1000.  Only major increases eg top tier City Stand if in Prem.  Best value seats will always be to season ticket holders.  Player budget - first aim of the budget was to give PL a competitive player budget for the season - from there other revenue has to be found to pay for it. Turnover last season was circa £17m, aim for new season is £22m.Scouting -the new network is one scout in Scotland (tbc), North (Stuart McCall), Midlands (Alan Durban), South (not sure of the name but ex Head Scout at Spurs, Pressland poss surname).  No European scout, Flecky to scout non league.  Aim is to work ahead of the next transfer window to have a list ready for PL in areas he wants to strengthen.Academy - we are looking at opening further satellite centres to produce more home grown talent.  Current ones are in Hertord and Cambridge.  Holt fitness - not match fit as too much pre-season missed, will be training hard this week and hopes to be in the squad for Watford.  Asked about opponents this year he said he was looking forward to Forest at the City Ground and "sticking it up them" - clearly not happy how he was treated there.  I''m sure there''s other stuff too but this is all I could recall quickly.   

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, as people are missing the point it is about principal. As I said charge for adults all day long but not for kids. As for those saying "oh but it costs the club money" I have to say the bars and refreshments counters seemed to be doing a good trade and the shop seemed to sell quite a few footballs for people to get signed.

Oh well I guess it''s an obvious case of how much I don''t like the club and hate McNally and how I am moaning about having to pay a quid for the wonderful day I had (by the way it was pretty pants from an adults point of view and is aimed rightly so at kids to meet their heroes). As for those moaning about my point, how many of you went and gave the club one of your hard earned pounds?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I also think that a pound should have been charged for every black-fly that was sneaking in on the supporters new replica bright yellow football shirts as they entered the stadium......Now that''s marketing, and the club debt would be cleared in no time....  [/quote]

Ha ha, [y]

well I went because her indoors had never seen the inner sanctum.£1 each to get in fair enoughcup of tea and a pint of lager £5.50. no problem.Mrs getting attacked by a fucking great blue and yellow cat. That`s out of orderOh by the way it need a wash or dry cleaning .didn`t see Nana outside with his begging bowl though

[quote user="WOTB"]well I went because her indoors had never seen the inner sanctum.

£1 each to get in fair enough
cup of tea and a pint of lager £5.50. no problem.

Mrs getting attacked by a fucking great blue and yellow cat. That`s out of order

Oh by the way it need a wash or dry cleaning .

didn`t see Nana outside with his begging bowl though
[/quote]

You have to watch those blue and yellow cats, dangerous I tell ye!!!!!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, as people are missing the point it is about principal. As I said charge for adults all day long but not for kids. As for those saying "oh but it costs the club money" I have to say the bars and refreshments counters seemed to be doing a good trade and the shop seemed to sell quite a few footballs for people to get signed.

Oh well I guess it''s an obvious case of how much I don''t like the club and hate McNally and how I am moaning about having to pay a quid for the wonderful day I had (by the way it was pretty pants from an adults point of view and is aimed rightly so at kids to meet their heroes). As for those moaning about my point, how many of you went and gave the club one of your hard earned pounds?

[/quote]

so the adults should know what to expect?!

Its only a quid mate, support your club. didn''t have to go in if you thought it was that disgraceful.

[quote user="WOTB"]well I went because her indoors had never seen the inner sanctum.

£1 each to get in fair enough
cup of tea and a pint of lager £5.50. no problem.

Mrs getting attacked by a fucking great blue and yellow cat. That`s out of order

Oh by the way it need a wash or dry cleaning .

didn`t see Nana outside with his begging bowl though
[/quote]

didn''t have money for the bus [n]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so the adults should know what to expect?!

[/quote]

Absolutely but your pea size brain seems to be missing my point about totally agreeing with paying for adults. Also did you go and give the club you love a bit of revenue?

[quote user="KING OF N and P"]Its only a quid mate, support your club. didn''t have to go in if you thought it was that disgraceful.[/quote]

H KON&P did you support your club and go? I had no problem with having lunch in yellows, paying for me and the Mrs to go in and purchasing further refreshments either. I do however have a problem with the PRINCIPAL of mandatory charging for young kids.