Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Forget the "no way he's a scummer" replies but....

once they signed for us they wouldnt be a scummer would they?! it always makes me laugh when people complain when we sign a former ipswich player (Alan Lee). "he''s a scummer! he hates us and we hate him! a disgrace" do they expect him to score an own goal then celebrate with the opposition and flick 2 fingers at the barclay ?

as for garvan... good player if im honest, we dont need bodies in the middle though..

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"]Why is he so cheap?[/quote]

Because he''s a scummer!

[/quote]Doh![:D]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Who would take Owen Garvan for £150K?

I think I would.[/quote]I''d do what I always do on Football Manager.  I''d buy all the Scum''s best players, stick them in the reserves and keep fining them two week''s wages for no particular reason.

He wasn''t exactly a regular last season, so you have to wonder why, and think there must be something wrong with him- unless you just assume the problem is that Keane is a bit of a tit.In answer to the question, I would maybe take him for that price if we needed another body in the midfield, but we don''t.

Mr C, does this not demoralise the rest of the squad? Does it say something like ''unhappy with the treatment of said scummer''

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Who would take Owen Garvan for £150K? I think I would.[/quote]

Thought he''d signed for Palace ??  Not a bad player but I think we''re ok in the midfield dept.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Mr C, does this not demoralise the rest of the squad? Does it say something like ''unhappy with the treatment of said scummer''[/quote]If the team keeps winning, they don''t really mind.  It''s a bit sad on my part really, but quite good fun.  I also enjoyed trying to loan out Jamie Cureton and then fining him when he wouldn''t go.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Who would take Owen Garvan for £150K? I think I would.[/quote]

Don''t need him we''re covered in that area. Even though he is a binner the player that would be interesting me is Jon Stead for 200k. However apparently Blackpool have been put off because he on 12k a week. I cant see the binners shifting him if that is true. But certainly a very handy striker at this level.