Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Birmingham for Watford Game?

Being a lover of summer sport as well as the great game of football I purchased tickets for the first day of the test at edgbaston this year thinking how great it would be to watch the cricket on the Friday then return to football, wherever the game may be, on the Saturday......

The wrath of sky has done me though as I will still be at Edgbaston, Birmingham on the evening of our home game against Watford.

At first I ws totally gutted, then really really pissed off....However, after considering many options I have decided to honour my cricket visit and watch the game in a Birmingham Public House.

Broad Street would be the obvious suggestion...any thoughts from any locals or similar fans in the same predicement! 

stick to the sports bar in broad street, have 1 big screen and about 20 normal ones , i usally watch england games in their.

[quote user="CarraRud"]

Being a lover of summer sport as well as the great game of football I purchased tickets for the first day of the test at edgbaston this year thinking how great it would be to watch the cricket on the Friday then return to football, wherever the game may be, on the Saturday......

The wrath of sky has done me though as I will still be at Edgbaston, Birmingham on the evening of our home game against Watford.

At first I ws totally gutted, then really really pissed off....However, after considering many options I have decided to honour my cricket visit and watch the game in a Birmingham Public House.

Broad Street would be the obvious suggestion...any thoughts from any locals or similar fans in the same predicement! 

[/quote]I always go to the Edgbaston tests but this year fatherhood''s put the tin lid on that. From last year''s Ashes experience, don''t expect any "public houses" on Broad Street - expect a rash of cheap and tacky bars with sticky floors and aggressive punters.  The Walkabout will definitely be showing it.Alternatively, here''s a great night out in Birmingham - watch it in a pub in Edgbaston, then get a taxi to Imran''s on Ladypool Road and have the Chicken Pakora.  Top night out! [Y]