Sign in to follow this  
Robert Fleck is still GOD!

It really annoys my with all newly aquired fans from the last few years!

By this I mean they jumped on the band wagon when times were good woudlnt be seen say four years ago on a blowy cold night at Prenton Park? I bet the majority of them dont even know who plays there?

The reason I say this is yes every fan has their right to say what they belive freedom of speech and all that!

But hey after all my years of die hard support supporting and defending Norwich & the players I really believe that we need a change in manager and to stop all this rubbish in the press about fall outs etc

and for players to be dropped and others brought in!

Come on City! 

So basically you''re saying that because people disagree with you on the manager situation, they''ve only started supporting the club since we hit the good times? Good argument, well done. One quick question, though - who was the manager when we started to hit these good times again? Oh yes, that''s right - Worthington - the man you want replaced, right?

Also, you''re saying that everyone''s entitled to "freedom of speech and all that", but in the paragraph before that you''ve completely dismissed people''s opinions, because they don''t agree with you and as a consequence must be glory hunters!

I''ve supported the club all my life, but I don''t think replacing Worthy is going to achieve anything. Does that make my opinion less worthwhile?

Do I get a prize for saying Tranmere Rovers Mr. Fleck?  No?  Didn''t think so!  Whatever happened to them and that nice Mr. Challinor who could throw the ball into the goal from the sideline? 

Seriously, I do know what you mean about some supporters (the newly-acquired variety) but some will always come and go, and some will always be there through thick or thin.  It''s not mine to say whether one type or individual is better than the other...just different. 

Guess the club will make hay while the sun shines and take their money while we all hope that the money is put to good use for the future so all types of supporter can meet again at a ground somewhere in Norfolk in the not-too-distant future.  (No, I haven''t given up on us just yet, in case someone thinks that means I have).

I also knew Tranmere Rovers. I was there on the last match of the old Regieme. 2-0 loss away defeat to Pompey.

I have never seen such a gutless performance. It was also v v v cold on a windswept terrace at Fraton Park. So I think that qualifys me as a decent fan. I think it would be crazy to ditch worthy. What are the alternatives??? I also think things will come good

You could always go and support MK Dons.

Even though it is harder to get tickets for games I like the fact that we sell out home and away. I would not like to go back to the days when our average attendance was 13,000.

More fans interested in NCFC the better it is for the club.

Everybody is a new fan at some stage and if they remain during the tough times then the club is better off than before.

My 11 yo daughter has only had a season ticket for 3 years saw her first game the season before having never really shown an interest in footie before then. She is hooked and is devastated when we cannot attend a home game (or if I ban her as has happened), has been looking forward to the Soton game since the blackburn game finished, and would become violent at the thought of not renewing the season ticket next year. Does that make her a glory hunting newbie fan having taken serious stick in the playground from local teachers and pupils who follow Chelsea, Manure Pool etc.

All clubs active population of fans swells and shrinks in good times and bad. Most remain latent fans who want to see a successful team - just because they do not or can not watch the team week in week out does not make their opinion any less valid. We all support our club and newbies more than any should be welcomed - without the newbie our club would die within a generation.

Sorry - touched a nerve and rant over.

OTBC

It appears to me that that alot of these so called "glory boys" are the one''s calling for the gaffers head and booing at the games. Those hardcore enough to be there over the last 10yrs have been the one''s getting behind the team regardless. Admittedly I''ve laid into Worthy and some of the lads recently but wouldn''t wanna see him go and I would never boo the team or do the whole "phil Mulryne" bollocks when a plyer on the field is lacking.
I don''t wann tar everyone with the same brush but if you havent been there recently then that would be why your calling in the changes because your expecting a walk in the park and thoses of us with a sence of belonging seem to have a wholey different attitude.

[quote]It appears to me that that alot of these so called "glory boys" are the one''s calling for the gaffers head and booing at the games. Those hardcore enough to be there over the last 10yrs have been the ...[/quote]

pauly

sorry, but you cannot just sweep people into neat little categories as to whether they are glory hunters or not, myself and a  lot of posters on here have been going to carrow road for years, but we are just as fed up with being bottom of the league as the new fans

i have been going to FCR since 1971 and have been a season ticket holder on and off due to personal circumstances since then - i have seen very good times and a  lot of superb football, and also dark days and relegation (too many times)

just because we don''t all attend every match home and away doesn''t make us lesser fans, some of us have family commitments, ie young kids, elderly relatives to care for, some of us work on saturdays, and a lot of people, as on this board, live in exile, are they any less of a supporter than you?  No, and the number of games we have seen should harden us to bad times, for some of us it does, for some it doesn''t.  We all cope with disappointment in different ways - when you take a young family to an away game and shell out the best part of £100 for the pleasure of seeing us lose 5-1 and 6-1 in two away games back to back, you are entitled to moan!!  Believe me!  (might be a bit before your time, port vale and west brom away many moons ago)

i wasn''t at charlton, but believe me i have seen worse!  We will recover and play good football again, maybe not this season, but we will.  I always have faith in that - for the record, i have never left early or booed players on the pitch, but have to admit to wanting to  a good many times

Sorry this is off topic a bit (well, a lot!), but gazza, you''ve just reminded me of something I will never forget.  The Port Vale defeat you mention was the day before my grandad died and, although he was in great pain, he still had the sense of humour to turn round the green and yellow bear by his bedside to face the wall after turning off the commentary.  Those were certainly dark days for me in more ways than one, and that might be why I''m trying to see the bigger picture as regards our current plight, and the more supporters we have, of whatever ilk, cheering on the lads during those precious 90 minutes the better, whether at FCR, in an armchair or on a beach on the other side of the world.  We all want the same thing at the end of the day. 

It stands to reason that if a team enjoys some success than more fans will come on board. Better that they start following the Canaries rather than Utd, Chelski, Arsenal etc. New fans should be welcomed into the fold, not ridiculed, it could be the case that Norwich''s recent success has sparked a sudden interest in football which can only be a good thing.

If it sells more shirts, season tickets or memorabilia and swells the clubs coffers and helps the transfer fund then all well and good IMO.  I personally don''t get to many games, because of work and funds in the main but I kick every ball and feel every moment of pain or pleasure as much as the rest of you.

I have supported Norwich for 23 years now(since I was 7), having moved to the area when my father was posted to Neatishead(RAF), and have never looked back.  Having lived overseas for 11 years in Germany, where there aren''t too many fellow Canaries I kept my faith by buying the various shirts, (who remembers the Asics & Scoreline kits?), and videos etc.

I am not even pretending to be the most dedicated fan, just that I felt the need to say something in reaction to the original post. At the end of the day we are all in it together, new or old and I hope we all want the same things for the club. ie:continued growth & success. 

OTBC

I''m a fair weather supporter, because I''m actually a polar-bear and all weather is good.......

What a load of Horlicks....Still Sir/Madam, you are entitled to your opinion. :whistlingTBC ;~)