Sign in to follow this  
Power Hamster

Paul Lambert - the big test

Hello everybody - new poster here; I have been lurking for a while, but  as a new season is upon us i thought I would join in.I am quietly confident about the new season, I expect a top half finish and maybe a push for the play offs, mainly because I think we have one of the best young managers around in Paul Lambert. A word of caution though - remember he is still only a young manager and really he is still learning his trade. We have become so used to thinking of him as some sort of god we can easily forget that he has never managed at this level before, so lets be a bit patient and give him a bit of time to get into his stride.Basically what I am saying is, there are a lot of people posting on here with very high expectations. If after, say, ten games we are sitting on ten or twelve points, somewhere in the bottom half of the table, please dont start calling for the managers head. Good things come to those who wait, and good teams take time to build.Still, I''m looking forward to Friday. Prediction? A slightly nervous 2-1 win.OTBC

Nicely put Mr Hamster. I agree that we need to be careful with our level of expectation, any sort of win will do on Friday evening. I''ll take 4-0 or 5-0 without complaint..

Welcome aboard, and a good opening post to boot. I honestly think Lambert''s presence alone means he''s got the potential to be an excellent manager right up there with the very best. Darrell Russel said it best last season, when he talked about how Lambert first prepared the players when he took over. "He didn''t say we can possibly get promoted, he told us we WILL get promoted" or words to that affect. For this reason and this reason alone, I think Lambert has a bright future with or without us (hopefully with us!).