Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Borrowing Season Tickets

I usually go to the football with my Grandad who has a concessionary season ticket, however, he can''t make the game Friday so I will be going with my friend who like me is under 21. Does this mean she won''t have to pay extra on top of the season ticket as she can also get a concession, or do you still have to pay extra for under 21, and if so does anyone know how much?

When I have done this in the past, they never seem to take much notice of the season tickets, but have a feeling they may crack down on it.

[quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.[/quote]Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)

Yeah they are different colours, I just knew when my mates you used to go with me, they wouldn''t take any notice of what colour season ticket they had..but this was a few years ago, so just wondered if they had cracked down on it and if so whether you had to pay extra even if you were ellible for a concession. I''ll ring them tomorrow anyway, but might aswell try and get through the gate without paying any extra first of all.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.[/quote]Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)[/quote]Lakey?

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.[/quote]Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)[/quote]Lakey?[/quote]Nope, I''m the only ''real Norwich City fan'' on the sports desk.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.[/quote]Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)[/quote]Lakey?[/quote]Nope, I''m the only ''real Norwich City fan'' on the sports desk.[/quote]Mr Wise is a budding fan! Well his son is a babe anyway.

You have to pay the difference (if any) and the ticket office print you off a ticket that must be produced with the season ticket.

I shared my s ticket with my grandad last season and this was very unpredictable as one week they would let me through and the next they wouldn''t. However, when I went to the office, they said the stewards were wrong and were being over-cautious

Never had a problem getting people in with other''s season tickets.

But then, i''ve sat in the same seat for 12 years, and the stewards don''t even bother giving the tickets a cursory glance these days, they just nod, say ''hello'', and let me in with whoever is with me.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.[/quote]Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)[/quote]Lakey?[/quote]Nope, I''m the only ''real Norwich City fan'' on the sports desk.[/quote]Mr Wise is a budding fan! Well his son is a babe anyway. [/quote]sorry?!?!

Once (and this season when I can''t make it) My Grandad took my under 21 season ticket into the ticket office, and I think paid a bit extra to get an adult ticket for one of his friends (I think so anyway, I wasn''t there...)

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.
[/quote]

Aye it''s purple (I am not 60 plus but I know a man who is)
[/quote]

Lakey?
[/quote]

Nope, I''m the only ''real Norwich City fan'' on the sports desk.
[/quote]Mr Wise is a budding fan! Well his son is a babe anyway.
[/quote]
sorry?!?!
[/quote]

Hello Sailor!

You will have to take the ticket into the ticket office at Carrow Road and, as said above, they will print you a ticket and charge you the difference if any.Previous seasons you could have done this at the shop in the Mall, but they cant do an upgrade/downgrade as they havent had the training.

[quote user=""] the stewards don''t even bother giving the tickets a cursory glance these days, they just nod, say ''hello'', and let me in with whoever is with me.[/quote]

Same in the City stand, you often get the impression anyone could get in there if you just smile at them and say hello, dont seem to pay too much attention to the actual season tickets

I''ve just rang them up and they said we would have to pay £18 extra! so hoping they don''t take much notice of the tickets! lol

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lakey?
[/quote]

[/quote]
sorry?!?!
[/quote]

Im getting a tad worried now, Brendo was stalking Morty last night lol  See you at the match Friday?

What about Mike B. Pete? I''m sure he''d have something to say about that. Haha.

With regards to the OP, how is the difference between an under 21 ticket and an over 60 ticket £18 ? ? ? I thought they were both concessions.

"With regards to the OP, how is the difference between an under 21 ticket and an over 60 ticket £18 ? ? ? I thought they were both concessions."

I know, I couldn''t believe it when he said £18! Surely to buy the ticket outright without borrowing a season ticket wouldn''t be far off £18

I''ve just looked on the club website at their prices for each grading of a game, and there is no mention of under 21...hope this doesn''t apply to season tickets next year aswell!

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="bristol canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Champions.."]Is it a different color to the Under 21''s ST? If not the your friend should be fine.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lakey?
[/quote]

[/quote]
sorry?!?!
[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same think...c''mon brendo spill....

The method used by the ticket office is a little strange as I found out a few years ago.  My grandad (at the time on a normal 60+ season ticket) couldn''t go and my sister fancied going to the game instead.  She was a a student U21 and the cost of both match tickets was exactly the same (about £15).  I thought it would be a simple case of having a £0 "upgrade" from OAP to U21, but no, I had to pay some money!The logic the club use is that a season ticket when upgraded is worth (Total Price / 23).  So if the OAP season ticket was £200 that year, for each match regardless of category the season ticket is worth £8.70 (£200/23).  The upgrade price is always the match day price, so given the £15 price for U21/OAP, I had to pay £6.30 extra.  Using this approach, an upgrade for a top grade match ends up costing a lot more than you would expect.  I discussed this with the ticket office and whilst they could see my argument, computer said no and I had to pay.