Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

Darel Russell

[quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]end of thread[/quote]I can''t see any solid confirmation on their site or the BBC, so could be forgiven for asking the question.

He hasn''t done very well if, as reported, he was holding out for more money at Norwich, he has now been unemployed for a month!

Three year deal at Preston. No disrespect to Preston who are a solid championship team but I think he was holding out for one of the big hitters in the division to snap him up and it hasn''t happened. For me his decision not to renew his contract has seriously backfired on him.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Three year deal at Preston. No disrespect to Preston who are a solid championship team but I think he was holding out for one of the big hitters in the division to snap him up and it hasn''t happened. For me his decision not to renew his contract has seriously backfired on him.[/quote]

I think so too and I think it serves him right.  I think the reported Burnley interest from last year stayed in his head, but sadly not in Burnley''s. 

However, could this be an omen?

The story so far: 

Russell leaves Norwich for Stoke = Norwich win promotion.

Russell leaves Stoke for Norwich = Stoke win promotion.

Russell leaves Norwich for Preston = ?????????????????!

Don''t they say things come in three''s.  

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Three year deal at Preston. No disrespect to Preston who are a solid championship team but I think he was holding out for one of the big hitters in the division to snap him up and it hasn''t happened. For me his decision not to renew his contract has seriously backfired on him.[/quote]

Preston are tipped to struggle this year

[quote user="The Colonel"]He hasn''t done very well if, as reported, he was holding out for more money at Norwich, he has now been unemployed for a month![/quote]I doubt he''ll be too bothered as rumour has it he owns quite a few properties in Norwich.Don''t think he''ll be troubling the soup kitchen just yet......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="The Colonel"]He hasn''t done very well if, as reported, he was holding out for more money at Norwich, he has now been unemployed for a month![/quote]I doubt he''ll be too bothered as rumour has it he owns quite a few properties in Norwich.Don''t think he''ll be troubling the soup kitchen just yet......[/quote]Unfortunately, he was poorly advised on his property empire....[img]http://www.nr23.net/govt/images/mag_st/2005_0205norwic_feb_05_mag_st0054.JPG[/img]

[quote user="25overpar"]

I think so too and I think it serves him right.  I think the reported Burnley interest from last year stayed in his head, but sadly not in Burnley''s. 

However, could this be an omen?

The story so far: 

Russell leaves Norwich for Stoke = Norwich win promotion.

Russell leaves Stoke for Norwich = Stoke win promotion.

Russell leaves Norwich for Preston = ?????????????????!

Don''t they say things come in three''s.  

[/quote]

I think its possible, but I cant see it happening next year, we will conceed to many goals.