Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich vs Watford Match Preview:

Thanks! Long way to go still, but slowly edging my way there! If you are interested, there''s always alot of places on t''internet where you can write/blog about pretty much whatever you want!

I''ll read it definitely! This was nice and in-depth, with proper analysis! I''d understand if people have put you off a bit though...

& if you ever want any information about good places to write/etc or anything, feel free to PM me! Although, that said, I always seem to have trouble accessing mine!

Yeh fair play if you didn''t copy and paste it, very good for someone your age.

Like you said its a compliment people thought it was copied!

Nana is jealous because this post is more interesting than his 6000 or whatever combined!

Plagiarism is the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one''s own original work."

If you cant find it online, it may well be in a magazine or newspaper article.

In addition, your signature could possible bring on an epileptic attack for unfortunate sufferers.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Thanks! Long way to go still, but slowly edging my way there! If you are interested, there''s always alot of places on t''internet where you can write/blog about pretty much whatever you want!

I''ll read it definitely! This was nice and in-depth, with proper analysis! I''d understand if people have put you off a bit though...

& if you ever want any information about good places to write/etc or anything, feel free to PM me! Although, that said, I always seem to have trouble accessing mine![/quote]That''s really kind, thanks! I will be sure to keep in contact if needs be! [:)] The responses are getting slightly better so hopefully I will keep it going [:)]

[quote user="canarytom"]

Plagiarism is the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one''s own original work."

If you cant find it online, it may well be in a magazine or newspaper article.

In addition, your signature could possible bring on an epileptic attack for unfortunate sufferers.

[/quote]Yeahhhhhhh! Because I am sad enough to copy it from a newspaper...good one!

No problem! I doubt I''d be that much use to you, but I''d do my best to help!

Ignore people. They''re just jealous that at 13 you can write significantly better than most of them appear to be able to already!

I was going to make a new thread to post a link to my Championship preview on here this morning, but doesn''t seem much point considering some of the people on here! Oh well!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]No problem! I doubt I''d be that much use to you, but I''d do my best to help!

Ignore people. They''re just jealous that at 13 you can write significantly better than most of them appear to be able to already!

I was going to make a new thread to post a link to my Championship preview on here this morning, but doesn''t seem much point considering some of the people on here! Oh well![/quote]I would like too read it [:)]

Whatever is the matter with people nowadays, someone goes to a bit of trouble to do a preview for us and all people do is moan.

Well I for one appreciate the time its taken him to put it together and post it, it gets you in the mood for Friday.

Thanks Champion [:)]

Jesus H Christ. This board is getting to be as bad as the World of Warcraft (EU) ones :-/Seriously, check those out!Nice article man :)Also, just to clarify, I don''t think it was the writing ''style'' that made people think it was C&Ped, it is the fact that the text font and size keeps changing. That is normally a telltale sign that something has been copied and weird page formatting things mess with it.I do believe you though :)

"Nana, if you really think this is copy and pasted. I give you an

impossible challenge, find where I copied and pasted it from, and don''t

post again until you find it. That way you will completely *** off from

this forum! Smile [:)]"[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ok, ill do that. Ill find it no problem [y]

[/quote]If only...Good preview, very impressive for a 13 year old! Certainly better than anything I could knock out. I for one would keep an eye out for any future previews you do. Im sure in future you could add the teams recent form to the stats section, but im sure you will have your own ideas.Keep up the good work [Y]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]"Nana, if you really think this is copy and pasted. I give you an impossible challenge, find where I copied and pasted it from, and don''t post again until you find it. That way you will completely *** off from this forum! Smile [:)]"

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ok, ill do that. Ill find it no problem [y]

[/quote]

If only...

Good preview, very impressive for a 13 year old! Certainly better than anything I could knock out. I for one would keep an eye out for any future previews you do. Im sure in future you could add the teams recent form to the stats section, but im sure you will have your own ideas.

Keep up the good work [Y]
[/quote]

I tried to do the form bit by saying about their pre-season. Obviously during the season I would like ''Last 5 games'' etc....thanks for the compliments [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Whatever is the matter with people nowadays, someone goes to a bit of trouble to do a preview for us and all people do is moan.

Well I for one appreciate the time its taken him to put it together and post it, it gets you in the mood for Friday.

Thanks Champion [:)]

[/quote]Totally agree.  I can''t understand the mentality of some people.I thought it was good.  Considering you''re 13 and it''s your first effort I think you''ve done well here.  There are many people much older than that here who only write garbage.  If you persist with it you''ll only improve too.

Champions - it''s a good idea to do a pre-match preview throughout the season and I like the overall concept.

If I were you, I''d think about getting onto a blogging site and setting up your own blog.  You can always post on here when you post something new.  Or get in touch with the Pink Un and ask for a blog space. 

Proof read everything you write and get someone else to proof read it too if you can: some of your sentences got a little muddled in places. Write it in word and check it before copying it into your post might help too.

My only other thought is what can you do to make this preview different to other previews?  I like the key man bits, they''re your opinion of course and that''s something different to other writers, but how will you keep the key man bit for Norwich players fresh and will it change depending upon opponents, etc or will it end up being the same players week in week out?

I think it''s already been said, but this is a good start; don''t let negative comments get you down or make you give up; there was enough enthusiasm from you to take the first step and publish it, so try to keep that up by continuing to improve and look for new angles. 

Given the responses, perhaps your angle is that you write a preview that will get people talking/posting in response; controversial key man choices and firm opinions on tactics, players, performances, etc will usually get people going.

You can also feel free to discard my opinions too!

Good luck with the writing!

Another positive vote from me. It is nice to see a 13yo doing something positive and constructive with his/her time, rather than pinging stones at my windows with a tennis racket like the weasels of a similar age in my street!

It was a good preview by Champions, its a shame the point of the thread has been completely lost in a copy and paste debate. Let it lie and get back to the original topic

Well done mate, a fine start to your writing career. I would be careful about using different fonts and styles in your writing.

It could look like it has been copied and doesn''t look good anyway. Keep everything in the same style.

I can also confirm this isn''t a copy/paste job. Just to shut Banana up I have scanned it and it''s an original piece of work, so well done.

Thanks. Well I didn''t mean to change the size, I really and tried to get it all the same but it didn''t make a difference? In the box to write it said it was all size 3 but then when I went into preview it was larger, but I couldn''t change it. At first I made ''The Hornets'' and ''The Canaries'' in yellow and size 4 so that probably messed it up. It always seems to change the font/size when I use a lot of colors and smileys!Thanks for showing Nana!

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Also it is real cause he''s got the date wrong but he has done a bl**dy good job with it makes the bbc sprts editors look poor [:P][/quote]Have I? Damn! I also spelt MACKAY wrong, and of course there will be a lot of grammatical errors.