Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich vs Watford Match Preview:

I have decided to do a preview of Friday''s game as I am so bloody excited![;)] I hope it doesn''t bore you too much and if it goes down well I will look into doing one for each, and every game this season.NORWICH CIY vs WATFORD on 6/7/10, BST 19:45The highly awaited Npower Football League gets under way at Carrow Road this Friday, for the Npower Championship match between Norwich City and Watford. With the game being picked for Sky cameras and Carrow Road certain to be a capacity crowd of 27,000, all eyes will be set on the beginning of what has the potential to be another thrilling season of League Football. Lets start with the visitors, Watford. The Hornets, like Norwich, will be desperate to start off their season well. Having had a couple of seasons of relegation poor seasons for their standards they will really want a more convincing, mid table, season this time around. With Malky McKay at the helm they have a manager who will have that ''never say die'' attitude installed into all the players. Watford have become known for their ''hoofball'' style of play from their period with Aidy Boothroyd, but Malky is trying to turn them into a more attractive team to watch, much like their opposition on Friday night. No-one is quite sure whether Malky has managed to transform Watford successfully, but IF he has then this game has the potential to be a real cracker. Key player: Danny Graham. Having signed from Carlisle at the end of the 07/08 campaign on a free, Graham had a decent first season with the Hornets. Scoring 14 goals in a struggling team, as a so called ''Target man'' is a more than decent tally. The Canaries will have to be fully aware of his presence, and hope he doesn''t score his first of the season at Carrow Road on Friday.Pre Season form: WWLDWW. Some very encouraging pre season results there, but it is worth noting that the only opposition of any real stature were Charlton, who they beat 1-0 last Saturday. They did however, beat Stevenage 2-0 away, who The Canaries only managed a goalless draw with. This being said at the end of the day, the friendlies mean nothing towards Fridays fixture.Last season position: 16th in the Coca Cola Championship. Watford started the season in tremendous fashion, but gradually, as the season wore on they saw themselves slip down the table. It took a few wins at the end of the campaign to enable them to finish in a respectable position. This season prediction: 19th. Unfortunately I cannot see Watford improving on last seasons position. For me, they have a too inexperienced manager and a team not quite up to scratch for Championship level. The Hornets haven''t really signed anyone of any note during the Transfer Window.Now the hosts, The Canaries. Having had such a successful season in League One, the Canaries will be looking to take their winning momentum into this years campaign. Paul Lambert has added to his squad in impressive fashion, with former Southampton star Andrew Surman joining on a 3 year deal being the main capture. Norwich are a very attacking team, having also bolstered their attack with ex Gills & Rushden goalscorer Simeon Jackson. Carrying a few injuries, The Canaries'' defense seems the only real place to hold a few doubts. With Michael Nelson their only fully fit Center Back, they will be hoping one of Elliot Ward, Jen Berthel Askou, or Zak Whitbred, will successfully step up to the plate. Key Player: Wes Hoolahan. Hoolahan was instrumental in getting The Canaries back into the 2nd tier at the first time of asking. His creativeness and ''Irish Wizardry'' (As called by some of the fans) set up goals for others, and also goals for himself, managing 14 goals in all competitions. The Hornets will have to keep a close eye on the little Irishman as he is the guy that really makes Norwich tick.Pre Season Form: WDLWDL. A decent pre-season for Norwich, taking into account that 2 of those fixtures were against Premiership big boys, Newcastle & Everton. There was one surprising loss in there against Dagenham, but as Paul Lambert would say ''It''s nothing to worry about, it was more of a game to gel as a team and up the players fitness''. That says it all really, Pre Season games really are meaningless in terms of the outcome.Last season position: 1st in Coca Cola League One. After a disastrous start, with Lambert installed at the helm Norwich became seemingly unbeatable, and broke many club records on the way to securing promotion at The Valley on April 17th and sealing the title just a week later in front of the home faithful.This season prediction: 8th. After a few shrewd signings Norwich look set for a decent campaign, winning more than they lose, and only narrowly missing out on the play-offs! 8th, a position most Canary fans would take at this moment in time.HEAD TO HEAD: All Time:Norwich City wins = 38Watford wins = 25Draws = 28Norwich goals = 164Watford goals = 120Last time out: Friday 13th April, Carrow Road. Norwich City 2-0 Watford. A Daniel Rose own goal, and a late Doherty strike, gave Norwich the victory.Prediction: Norwich City 3-1 Watford.Please feel free to keep this thread updated with news, views, rumours,

and live scores
Thank you,Champions...(Norwich) [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]I have decided to do a preview of Friday''s game as I am so bloody excited![;)] I hope it doesn''t bore you too much and if it goes down well I will look into doing one for each, and every game this season.

NORWICH CIY vs WATFORD on 6/7/10, BST 19:45

The highly awaited Npower Football League gets under way at Carrow Road this Friday, for the Npower Championship match between Norwich City and Watford. With the game being picked for Sky cameras and Carrow Road certain to be a capacity crowd of 27,000, all eyes will be set on the beginning of what has the potential to be another thrilling season of League Football.

Lets start with the visitors, Watford. The Hornets, like Norwich, will be desperate to start off their season well. Having had a couple of seasons of relegation poor seasons for their standards they will really want a more convincing, mid table, season this time around. With Malky McKay at the helm they have a manager who will have that ''never say die'' attitude installed into all the players. Watford have become known for their ''hoofball'' style of play from their period with Aidy Boothroyd, but Malky is trying to turn them into a more attractive team to watch, much like their opposition on Friday night. No-one is quite sure whether Malky has managed to transform Watford successfully, but IF he has then this game has the potential to be a real cracker.

Key player: Danny Graham. Having signed from Carlisle at the end of the 07/08 campaign on a free, Graham had a decent first season with the Hornets. Scoring 14 goals in a struggling team, as a so called ''Target man'' is a more than decent tally. The Canaries will have to be fully aware of his presence, and hope he doesn''t score his first of the season at Carrow Road on Friday.

Pre Season form: WWLDWW. Some very encouraging pre season results there, but it is worth noting that the only opposition of any real stature were Charlton, who they beat 1-0 last Saturday. They did however, beat Stevenage 2-0 away, who The Canaries only managed a goalless draw with. This being said at the end of the day, the friendlies mean nothing towards Fridays fixture.

Last season position: 16th in the Coca Cola Championship. Watford started the season in tremendous fashion, but gradually, as the season wore on they saw themselves slip down the table. It took a few wins at the end of the campaign to enable them to finish in a respectable position.

This season prediction: 19th. Unfortunately I cannot see Watford improving on last seasons position. For me, they have a too inexperienced manager and a team not quite up to scratch for Championship level. The Hornets haven''t really signed anyone of any note during the Transfer Window.

Now the hosts, The Canaries. Having had such a successful season in League One, the Canaries will be looking to take their winning momentum into this years campaign. Paul Lambert has added to his squad in impressive fashion, with former Southampton star Andrew Surman joining on a 3 year deal being the main capture. Norwich are a very attacking team, having also bolstered their attack with ex Gills & Rushden goalscorer Simeon Jackson. Carrying a few injuries, The Canaries'' defense seems the only real place to hold a few doubts. With Michael Nelson their only fully fit Center Back, they will be hoping one of Elliot Ward, Jen Berthel Askou, or Zak Whitbred, will successfully step up to the plate.

Key Player: Wes Hoolahan. Hoolahan was instrumental in getting The Canaries back into the 2nd tier at the first time of asking. His creativeness and ''Irish Wizardry'' (As called by some of the fans) set up goals for others, and also goals for himself, managing 14 goals in all competitions. The Hornets will have to keep a close eye on the little Irishman as he is the guy that really makes Norwich tick.

Pre Season Form: WDLWDL. A decent pre-season for Norwich, taking into account that 2 of those fixtures were against Premiership big boys, Newcastle & Everton. There was one surprising loss in there against Dagenham, but as Paul Lambert would say ''It''s nothing to worry about, it was more of a game to gel as a team and up the players fitness''. That says it all really, Pre Season games really are meaningless in terms of the outcome.

Last season position: 1st in Coca Cola League One. After a disastrous start, with Lambert installed at the helm Norwich became seemingly unbeatable, and broke many club records on the way to securing promotion at The Valley on April 17th and sealing the title just a week later in front of the home faithful.

This season prediction: 8th. After a few shrewd signings Norwich look set for a decent campaign, winning more than they lose, and only narrowly missing out on the play-offs! 8th, a position most Canary fans would take at this moment in time.

HEAD TO HEAD:

All Time:
Norwich City wins = 38
Watford wins = 25
Draws = 28

Norwich goals = 164
Watford goals = 120

Last time out: Friday 13th April, Carrow Road. Norwich City 2-0 Watford.
A Daniel Rose own goal, and a late Doherty strike, gave Norwich the victory.

Prediction: Norwich City 3-1 Watford.

Please feel free to keep this thread updated with news, views, rumours, and live scores.

Thank you,

Champions...(Norwich) [Y] [:D]
[/quote]

I wouldn''t call Newcastle a prem big boy.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]You have another season to change the layout to make it look less like a copy and paste.[/quote]Don''t be a dick. If he says so, I believe him! He''s a very honest and lovely chap. [:)] Anyway, good post! I agree, however we will win 3-0 not 3-1. [Y]

Good read, whether it was a paste job or not. Seems pretty spot on about the game, interesting to see Watford actually beat Stevenage whereas we couldn''t seem to score. 

[quote user="Superflash"]Good read, whether it was a paste job or not. Seems pretty spot on about the game, interesting to see Watford actually beat Stevenage whereas we couldn''t seem to score. 
[/quote]

but if it was pasted you cant claim it as your own though [:S]

Nana, if you really think this is copy and pasted. I give you an impossible challenge, find where I copied and pasted it from, and don''t post again until you find it. That way you will completely fuck off from this forum! [:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Superflash"]Good read, whether it was a paste job or not. Seems pretty spot on about the game, interesting to see Watford actually beat Stevenage whereas we couldn''t seem to score.  [/quote]

[/quote]So? I don''t give the bluest of blue hells WHO wrote it, I just said it was a good read. It makes no difference to me at all, a good read is a good read. Don''t get me wrong, it didn''t make me cream my jeans or anything, but it''s not like I''m going to turn around and moan about wanting five minutes of my life back either. If the young gentleman in question didn''t write it, then claiming it as his own isn''t exactly peachy. But then whether he did or didn''t, I distanced myself from this by just reading the damned thing anyway. If you''re going keep replying to everyone in this thread who doesn''t share your viewpoint, write your own sodding preview.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Superflash"]Good read, whether it was a paste job or not. Seems pretty spot on about the game, interesting to see Watford actually beat Stevenage whereas we couldn''t seem to score. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

So? I don''t give the bluest of blue hells WHO wrote it, I just said it was a good read. It makes no difference to me at all, a good read is a good read. Don''t get me wrong, it didn''t make me cream my jeans or anything, but it''s not like I''m going to turn around and moan about wanting five minutes of my life back either. If the young gentleman in question didn''t write it, then claiming it as his own isn''t exactly peachy. But then whether he did or didn''t, I distanced myself from this by just reading the damned thing anyway.

If you''re going keep replying to everyone in this thread who doesn''t share your viewpoint, write your own sodding preview.
[/quote]

I am a Bananan''s Preview -

Narwich huv gut sum new playors fur this seesun 65-76 loss two waford [y]

Look, I''m 13, so if people accuse me of copy and pasting then that can only be a good thing about my writing? [;)] Nana, found it yet? Didn''t think so, and you never will.

[quote]

I am a Bananan''s Preview -

Narwich huv gut sum new playors fur this seesun 65-76 loss two waford [y]

[/quote]Oh, the wit [:P]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]Look, I''m 13, so if people accuse me of copy and pasting then that can only be a good thing about my writing? [;)] Nana, found it yet? Didn''t think so, and you never will.
[/quote]

If thats the way you want to think of it then please do. We all have our opinions and I said it looked very much like a Copy and paste. [y]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]Look, I''m 13, so if people accuse me of copy and pasting then that can only be a good thing about my writing? [;)] Nana, found it yet? Didn''t think so, and you never will.[/quote]

If thats the way you want to think of it then please do. We all have our opinions and I said it looked very much like a Copy and paste. [y]

[/quote]Well, its just a normal article. Obviously well presented otherwise I wouldn''t have been accused! What makes it different to any other long article? You don''t accuse them of copying and pasting do you? Found it yet? [:^)]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]Look, I''m 13, so if people accuse me of copy and pasting then that can only be a good thing about my writing? [;)] Nana, found it yet? Didn''t think so, and you never will.[/quote]

[/quote]you agreed to not post untill you found it...so stop posting and start looking (not that you will find it of course...)

Good review. Most people are predicting a Norwich win but are they forgetting our useless Sky record coupled with our useless opening-day record, coupled with the fact that Watford are a step above the teams we played last season?

It will be very tough. I hope we are upto the challenge, I believe we will be :)

It''s not copy/pasted in my opinion, as it''s not perfect.

Still very, very good for someone of your age though Champions, so congrats! Do you have a big interest in writing things like this then? In time you''ll improve, although like I said, it''s a great effort now given your age!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]It''s not copy/pasted in my opinion, as it''s not perfect.

Still very, very good for someone of your age though Champions, so congrats! Do you have a big interest in writing things like this then? In time you''ll improve, although like I said, it''s a great effort now given your age![/quote]Thank you [:)] Yeah, well really, I just like writing about my passions [:P] I know its not perfect, because if everyone was perfect life would be boring! I''m not the greatest at grammar as you can probably tell! Anyway, thanks for sticking up for meeee! [:D]

No problem! I''m a budding (hopefully anyway!) Journalist myself (at University right now) so I know us writing folk have to stick together! ;)

Don''t worry too much about the grammar. Seriously, in time it''ll all become complete second nature if you keep writing!

Definitely keep up the good work! I''d love a preview like this before each match if you still want to? Forget what other people say!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]No problem! I''m a budding (hopefully anyway!) Journalist myself (at University right now) so I know us writing folk have to stick together! ;)

Don''t worry too much about the grammar. Seriously, in time it''ll all become complete second nature if you keep writing!

Definitely keep up the good work! I''d love a preview like this before each match if you still want to? Forget what other people say![/quote]For more proof, embarrassingly I spelt MACKAY wrong!! [:O]Good luck in becoming a jounarlist, it is something I may have an interest in, but I haven''t really thought about it much!I would love to do a preview before games, as long as at least a few people read it. However, so far it doesn''t seem to have gone down too well. [:^)]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="CanaryJames"]No problem! I''m a budding (hopefully anyway!) Journalist myself (at University right now) so I know us writing folk have to stick together! ;)

Definitely keep up the good work! I''d love a preview like this before each match if you still want to? Forget what other people say![/quote]For more proof, embarrassingly I spelt MACKAY wrong!! [:O]Good luck in becoming a jounarlist, it is something I may have an interest in, but I haven''t really thought about it much!I would love to do a preview before games, as long as at least a few people read it. However, so far it doesn''t seem to have gone down too well. [:^)][/quote]Journalist*

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]Look, I''m 13, so if people accuse me of copy and pasting then that can only be a good thing about my writing? [;)] Nana, found it yet? Didn''t think so, and you never will.
[/quote]

Dont worry about the little cock, you''re 13 and he is at least 16 and you come across far more mature and intelligent than him anyway, maybe one day he''ll meet a girl and find out what that little thing hangin between his legs is and his 50 posts of crap a day will drop. Good original post and easily as good as anything else i''ve seen