Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Canary player... worth the money?

Im thinking of caving in and signing  up as although the text updater last year was great, I didnt like the one for this season at all during the Lincoln game. So anyone else got it and wants to give a recomendation (im at Uni for most of the year btw so have no access to radio Norfolk... though bizzarly I can listen to canary call!) or should I avoid it?

I''m also at uni and cannot get radio Norfolk, is canary call included in the live comentary?

Its worth the money if you are away from home. But if you live in norfolk and get the papers etc and the local news there is probs no point getting it.

Plus, its got a back catalogue of all the goals we scored last season and before i think.

[quote user="canary_girl"]I''m also at uni and cannot get radio Norfolk, is canary call included in the live comentary?[/quote]You should be able to listen to that on Radio Norfolk online after 5pm on a normal match day as they only switch it off coverage for the match and it comes on again after the match.Cheers for the input guys, think I might take the plunge. At least we will be on Sky/bbc abit more this year  so I can catch the games I miss and then listen to the rest online.

Find someone who gets free phone calls or hourly free phone call deals etc and ask them to put Radio Norfolk next to the phone.You should have a phone with a volume thing Bit cheapskate but if you are a student, needs must

[quote user="City1st"]Find someone who gets free phone calls or hourly free phone call deals etc and ask them to put Radio Norfolk next to the phone.You should have a phone with a volume thing Bit cheapskate but if you are a student, needs must

[/quote]Thats what I did for a few games last season. Ring home, stick phone on loudspeaker, home sticks phone on loudspeaker next to the radio. Job done.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="City1st"]Find someone who gets free phone calls or hourly free phone call deals etc and ask them to put Radio Norfolk next to the phone.You should have a phone with a volume thing Bit cheapskate but if you are a student, needs must

[/quote]Thats what I did for a few games last season. Ring home, stick phone on loudspeaker, home sticks phone on loudspeaker next to the radio. Job done. [/quote]I don''t know if anyone is aware, but I had an account years back, and despite not paying anymore it still works, and multiple people can use is at once. Anyone else in the same position?

[quote user="First Wizard"]I enjoy it, and yes, imo, its good value.[/quote]Can''t you just listen to the games on Radio Norfolk?

I''m getting it this year, little baby Chops means funds are tight and no season ticket for me.  It''ll be nice to spend time with the young man, teaching him to rant, swear, throw things at the wall and broaden his vocabulary when we play the scum.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m getting it this year, little baby Chops means funds are tight and no season ticket for me.  It''ll be nice to spend time with the young man, teaching him to rant, swear, throw things at the wall and broaden his vocabulary when we play the scum.[/quote]You got a ticket for Friday? I may be able to help you out if not.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]I enjoy it, and yes, imo, its good value.[/quote]

Can''t you just listen to the games on Radio Norfolk?
[/quote]I''m bloody deaf morty, I rely on signing and lip reading!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]I enjoy it, and yes, imo, its good value.[/quote]Can''t you just listen to the games on Radio Norfolk?[/quote]I''m bloody deaf morty, I rely on signing and lip reading![/quote]Ah right, fair enough, forgot about that.Do they do that on canary player then?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]I enjoy it, and yes, imo, its good value.[/quote]

Can''t you just listen to the games on Radio Norfolk?
[/quote]I''m bloody deaf morty, I rely on signing and lip reading![/quote]

Ah right, fair enough, forgot about that.

Do they do that on canary player then?
[/quote]Peoples lips move in interviews, and highlights don''t matter, although if they put their head down whilst speaking I''m buggered.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m getting it this year, little baby Chops means funds are tight and no season ticket for me.  It''ll be nice to spend time with the young man, teaching him to rant, swear, throw things at the wall and broaden his vocabulary when we play the scum.[/quote]You got a ticket for Friday? I may be able to help you out if not.[/quote]Appreciate the offer, that''s kind of you - already booked in at home though.  We have Sky so it''s not a showstopper, I''ll be watching every minute from behind the sofa.