Sign in to follow this  
ucl-canary

Connor Wickham

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]1. They weren''t my Operation Premiership squad, or even Keane''s for that matter. Magilton built the team he did with players he believed could be successful for us. Roy, obviously, has a very different type of management style. He has no favourites he will play week in week out whether they put in a good shift at training or not. Roy has a lot more discipline in his methods and some players have perhaps not liked his style (Don''t try to pull the players don''t like Keane card when he has so many of his ex-players coming back to play for him). We all have our opinions on players and opinions change, as do players ability to play in different teams. Saying that, yes I did think some were rubbish at the time.2. I''m afraid I wouldn''t be able to tell you, it''s not like I have inside knowledge in the club. I''d guess Evans is trying to run a tighter budget after Keane''s apparent fail in the market last year, as is recognised by many. Trying to get players out and off the wage bill before inflating the squad again to somewhat unmanageable numbers. We did have a very large squad last year. But you already knew my answer to this question anyway, didn''t you. Finally, if you didn''t realise, there is still what 3/4 week left of the transfer window, in which time alot can happen, perhaps panic buys included.3. Again, I don''t know what goes in behind closed doors. Again, Evans is trying to run a tighter ship. It was a well known fact that Evans told Clegg that he wanted players out before in, the ''millions upon millions'' as you so elegantly put it may be spent in last weeks of the transfer market, I couldn''t tell you. Maybe his buisness has gone bust, but I highly doubt that. You just want me to tell you Evans doesn''t want to put money into the club anymore, just in form of tedius questions.4. Wages is the obvious answer. By the way, which transfers are you referring to? I couldn''t really comment without knowing who, in or out etc. Obviously Stead and the likes are just a matter of finding a club who will pay for his seemingly inflated wages, perhaps. Chopra, apparently, was asking for 18k a week which is fairly ridiculous at championship level. The Fulop deal is still ongoing. 5. When was this figure realised? In all honesty I didn''t know the state of our renewals. What was the figure in Jim''s last year of management? I''d say the hype of a ''big name'' manager is over and the fact that we finished 15th last year and were pretty poor for the majority of the season might answer your question. Quite.[/quote]

It is nice to see an Ipswich fan, who can speak with common sense! Thanks for that, a breath of fresh air! I cannot wait until our game this season [:D]

;DMissed the derby a hell of a lot last year, will be absolutely buzzing. Hopefully will be able to make it Home and Away! Cannot wait, got a feeling it will be close this year.Or we''ll smash you 9-1 ;)

[quote user="LocalDerbys"];DMissed the derby a hell of a lot last year, will be absolutely buzzing. Hopefully will be able to make it Home and Away! Cannot wait, got a feeling it will be close this year.Or we''ll smash you 9-1 ;)[/quote]

Hmm, I can see maybe us winning at home and you winning at your place again! I hope we do the double though [;)] It will be very interesting to see how our respective seasons will pan out. I really do not know what to expect of our side!

1. So your club marketed the Operation Premiership campaign under rather dubious terms. Keane was happy to go along with this, stating that he would get promotion within two years. No codicil about any possible failure being due to the players not ''being his''.2. It is not the amount of weeks, it is the clubs statement that 17 will leave and only 4/5 will be coming in. Kennedy and Houlihane(?) hardly suggest anything spectacular.3. "You just want me to tell you Evans doesn''t want to put money into the club anymore" err, noBuying the club for less than £4m and then lending you another £8m at a fairly high interest rate is hardly putting money in as your fans have endlessly claimed. 4. "By the way, which transfers are you referring to?  " err, the ones your club is currently engaged with. You don''t seem too clued up. Are you playing to some suffolk stereotype or simply trying to evade the question ?5. "When was this figure realised?" 23rd April The Blues announced today that they have processed 12,800 tickets "we finished 15th last year " We were relegated. I don''t remember our sales plummeting so drastically.Yet it all seemed so different this time last year, didn''t it ?Evans "He has extensive contacts in the game" *Clegg - "but it goes without saying, having made the statement of intent that we

have, that the owner will support both the manager and myself in terms

of giving us the resources we need to achieve that goal.
”Keane "I believe we have a very good chance of promotion and I want to be looking ahead to the Premier League this time next year”No sign of any contacts, no money and no promotion either. What has happened to all those fine stirring words ? Evans has said nothing. Clegg is not to be found or heard. Why might that be I wonder.Lets hope you can scrape together enough players for the game against

Middlesboro, maybe one or two of your fans should take their boots just

in case.

*Sunderland, Cork and err, ummm....err......

Oh well, at least you''re keeping me occupied.... Btw, what is it with your excessive use of numbered questions and intense knowledge about everything that goes at our football club? Fookin hell, if I had banter like this the other way round all I could comment on was your league positioning and how fat your captain is ;)Anyhow:1. When a manager first arrives, he isn''t going to say ''I don''t think I''m going to be able to get promotion because this isn''t my squad'', is he? I was simply coming up with reasons as to why ''Operation Premiership'' isn''t as successful as possible. There is still a second year of Operation Premiership, however. 2. As I''ve already stated, the 17 leaving/left bar 2 or 3 are all squad players or not wanted anymore. Regardless, several of the 17 will still be here next season, just with an added kick up the backside. Furthermore, the completed transfers has no relationship with the quality of future transfers. There is a very good chance the Fulop deal will be completed, and the Chopra saga ever continues with more evidence that he won''t be staying at Cardiff and with rumours claiming Ipswich and Leeds are still following the striker. Also, the majority of the squad players gone could be happily replaced in matchday squads by youth players, which may not stand us in quite as good stead (no pun intended) due to a sever lack of experience for the coming season, but is exciting for the future.3. If paying for the club''s transfers for the summer is not putting money into a club, then what is?4. Okay, I mentioned Chopra and Fulop, and I assume you aren''t on about transfers away from the club, as wages would not be our issue. So who are you talking about? Kennedy is secured. What is this ''suffolk stereotype'' you speak off?5. Great. Fantastic. Maybe our fans are more fickle than yours, who knows. Maybe it is the cachment area, perhaps it''s simply the prices. Also, the 23rd April is over two months, I would''ve hoped we might have secured at least another 1,000 season tickets in that time. I like how you managed to round 12,800 down to 12,000 ;DYou obviously have a superb sense of humour buddy, making the ever original ''fans better bring their boots'' joke. I applaude you.I wouldn''t get too cocky yet, your 3 star men are all unproven at Championship level (I think, I don''t know so much about my rivals club..). I seem to remember Wesley being bullied, Holt will get overpowered, and I''m yet to see of young Martin. It''s not just Ipswich with weaknesses.Anyhow, this is not how banter is supposed to be, numbered questions ''n'' all that, innit

Not intense, nothing more that what is in the local rags. Try reading them it might inform you a bit. I''m stuck at work nearer poorman rd so that'' what''s usually laying around.Briefly as I''m orf at 9.So some of the 17 will be here not because YOU want them but that no one else does. Quality of transfers is an indication of the other two or three. As to funding and investing, what was it ? Another freebie fromm Sunderland and some codger from Cardiff. Compare that to the wages saved and the supposed incoming transfr fees." like how you managed to round 12,800 down to 12,000 " eh ?The actual number of current season ticket sales stands at 15,935. Green''un. Minus 12,800 leaves 3125.As to being cocky that''s neither here nor there. The fun has been at the expense of you lot. Not so much as stated at your parlous state but that the complete grasp of reality. If you think that having to get rid of 17 players to be able to bring in Coporal Jones and Private Pike is the actions of a club with any serious intentions on promotion that you are dumber that your county of otigin would suggest and would also confirm how the rest faced shyster was able to fill his pockets and that of other ''favoured providers''.And here you are stumbling into another shakedown. ta ra, swift journey northward and then quite a few swift jars after

ps Chopra, keep on believing binboy because that''s about all there is left.

Superb post city 1st! ....The one thing i will add is..The reason for our sales,whether it be a poor season or a great one,isnt a case of "who knows" as the inbrd put it..as i know We are more loyal,always have had more support even going back to our dads time in the 60`s ....when they had become top league,we still took more away to them in the cup games(have a picture of my dad and thousands of norwich fans celebrating on their pitch),and at home...same story in the 70`s..so its no suprise...I wouldve thought the catchment area is similar?

A binner writes" the majority of the squad players gone could be happily replaced in

matchday squads by youth players, which may not stand us in quite as

good stead (no pun intended) due to a sever lack of experience for the

coming season, but is exciting for the future. "

Mr Sheepshanks letter to shareholders BEFORE the handover"Marcus Evans has indicated a willingness to provide further

investment were it to become necessary to achieve his and the Club''s

aims.
"

So there we have it. Even our non too bright suffolk neighbours have finally grasped the reality of Evans take over. It might have helped were they to have actually read what was originally written rather than leaping around like overexited farmhands on the night of the moonshine share out."to achieve his ...... aims "  not the fans aims"were it to become necessary"  obviously not, as recent events at poorman rd have demonstrated. His aims, as are the club''s (which he owns), certainly suggest a much slimmed down squad through a much slimmed down expenditure.This will mean that more senior professionals will go (probably this summer), with virtually all the remaining  8 or 9 who are left gone by this time next season. Expect a few old cloggers to come in as a short term shoreing up exercise.How does this affect City ?  Obviously it will mean less witless squeaking from our dimwitted neighbours as even they realise what is happening - but should also act as a clear lesson on how important regular investment in your club is.It''s going to take the paupers quite a while and quite a bit of pain to make up for that failing.

To be honest mate, that post was a load of rubbish. ''The reality of the Evans'' takeover'' is too slim down the squad? So what about last year when, after an admittedly poor transfer market, Keane himself admitted that our squad had become far too large. Evans had payed more money in transfers that year alone than I have seen in any of your buys.  Marcus Evans'' aim from the start has been to take us to the Premiership, because, as any good buisness man would want, this is where he will profit from his investments. Why would he take over a club to fork out a lot of cash before stripping the squad down to make ''a much slimmed down expenditure''. All players gone, as I have said time and time before, were players that were either not wanted, or in the case of Colback, wanted by their parent club. 8 or 9 senior proffesionals left next season? How experienced do you have to be to be classed as senior proffesional? -Jon Stead-Pablo Counago-Tamas Priskin-Lee Martin-Carlos Edwards-Jaime Peters-Grant Leadbitter-David Norris-Colin Healy-Alan Quinn-Luciano Civelli-Damien Delaney-Gareth McAuley-Tommy Smith (world cup experience makes him a Senior Pro wouldn''t you say?)-Mark Kennedy-Brian Murphy-Marton Fulop-Arran Lee-Barrett[assuming Walters goes and Fulop comes in]So you''re saying we are going to lose 10 of our players before next season starts? Then with the youths who will probably be braking into the first team this year such as starlet Connor Wickham, Luke Hyam, Billy Clark, Troy Brown, Connor Hourihane. I''d say we have decent depth. This is also assuming no one is brought in, which I think will change even before this season begins.I love how you keep commenting on our intelligence; must give you a big confidence boost putting down your more successful neighbours. The importance of regular investment is clear for every football team in the country to see, I mean look how well Man City did last year. Seriously though, it has been seen many times that Evans is commited to the club, and to back up why he would not leave, he would be making a huge loss. Man to your word I hope, we''ll see where we are at the end of the season eh boss. You forget how shoddy your defence is, how Hoolahon was bullied out of the championship, and how none of your strikers have ever scored goals above League 1. I''m not saying you will struggle, because I honestly don''t believe you will be too worried by relegation this year, but I do believe there is some blind optimism around Carrow Road, which could come back to hit you hard.

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]To be honest mate, that post was a load of rubbish. ''The reality of the Evans'' takeover'' is too slim down the squad? So what about last year when, after an admittedly poor transfer market, Keane himself admitted that our squad had become far too large. Evans had payed more money in transfers that year alone than I have seen in any of your buys.  Marcus Evans'' aim from the start has been to take us to the Premiership, because, as any good buisness man would want, this is where he will profit from his investments. Why would he take over a club to fork out a lot of cash before stripping the squad down to make ''a much slimmed down expenditure''. All players gone, as I have said time and time before, were players that were either not wanted, or in the case of Colback, wanted by their parent club. 8 or 9 senior proffesionals left next season? How experienced do you have to be to be classed as senior proffesional? -Jon Stead-Pablo Counago-Tamas Priskin-Lee Martin-Carlos Edwards-Jaime Peters-Grant Leadbitter-David Norris-Colin Healy-Alan Quinn-Luciano Civelli-Damien Delaney-Gareth McAuley-Tommy Smith (world cup experience makes him a Senior Pro wouldn''t you say?)-Mark Kennedy-Brian Murphy-Marton Fulop-Arran Lee-Barrett[assuming Walters goes and Fulop comes in]So you''re saying we are going to lose 10 of our players before next season starts? Then with the youths who will probably be braking into the first team this year such as starlet Connor Wickham, Luke Hyam, Billy Clark, Troy Brown, Connor Hourihane. I''d say we have decent depth. This is also assuming no one is brought in, which I think will change even before this season begins.I love how you keep commenting on our intelligence; must give you a big confidence boost putting down your more successful neighbours. The importance of regular investment is clear for every football team in the country to see, I mean look how well Man City did last year. Seriously though, it has been seen many times that Evans is commited to the club, and to back up why he would not leave, he would be making a huge loss. Man to your word I hope, we''ll see where we are at the end of the season eh boss. You forget how shoddy your defence is, how Hoolahon was bullied out of the championship, and how none of your strikers have ever scored goals above League 1. I''m not saying you will struggle, because I honestly don''t believe you will be too worried by relegation this year, but I do believe there is some blind optimism around Carrow Road, which could come back to hit you hard.

[/quote]May I just say that Wes was not ''Bullied'' as you like to put it, he was just played in his weaker position. Playing in the whole Wes shines, and he is an absolutely brilliant player! He ran rings around Everton and Newcastle, and I know you will just say ''Pre-season'' blah blah blah but they were 2 pretty much full strength teams. You also say Holt will be overpowered. Okay, he MAY turn out to not be much of a success in Championship but his problem will not be being overpowered! He is an actual beast! Martin played about 10 games in the Champo and I think he scored 4/5 goals, much like your lad Wickham. I know 10 games in not proven, but I am sure this lad will shine this campaign, and definitely be our top scorer.

Well, we can debate as much as we like about how your forward players are unproven, but came up with the goods in League 1. But at the end of the day, we will see as the season progresses. I''ll be watching you on Friday, which is probably the only time I''ll get to see you before you come to our place (which I am buzzing for already). So if you beat Watford, they are relegation candidates and it was a regulation win, and if you lose then you are doomed! Anyhow, it is great to have you back in the league. I personally don''t think there will be much between the two sides come the end of the season. Enjoy the ride.

Hmm it should be good! I''m not being bias but I feel you will start with a loss against Boro? Do you? I think you will do alright though like us...between 6-14th [:)]

Anyway, we have discussed your team do the death now! We obviously know you have a few great players, but what do you think of our team? Any particular players stand out? It is always interesting to see other peoples views on your players, don''t be bias [;)]

Here''s a suggestion binboy, read what I actually wrote or maybe even what your own club has said."The reality of the Evans'' takeover'' is too slim down the squad? " Binboy

Ipswich chief executive Simon Clegg must cut Town''s squad this summer.Owner Marcus Evans has informed Clegg and boss Roy Keane they must sell before they can bolster the side. "The owner is putting me under pressure to get players out " Clegg told the Green ''Un.

"stripping the squad down to make ''a much slimmed down expenditure" Binboy

Yep as stated "“But the owner has also made it clear to me that just as importantly we have to balance the books. That means moving players on " Simon Clegg, Green''Un 7 July, 2010

"8 or 9 senior proffesionals left next season?"  Binboy Or maybe what I actually said "With a squad of around ten senior outfield players" - 27th July"that if those players on the transfer list leave then the club has only 12 players" - 30th July So there we are. I have stated that if all those transfer listed leave then you will have around ten outfield players, as - -Jon Stead-Pablo Counago-Tamas Priskin-Lee Martin-Carlos Edwards-Jaime Peters-Grant Leadbitter-David Norris-Colin Healy-Alan Quinn-Luciano Civelli-Damien Delaney-Gareth McAuley-Tommy Smith -Mark Kennedy-Brian Murphy-Marton Fulop-Arran Lee-Barrett

Maybe if a few of you farmhands had actually bothered to read your previous chairman''s statement as well you might not have over exited yourself about some mythical promotion push.Keane has repeatedly stated that he wanted those other five sold and has also stated that 4 or 5 players will come in. Ten outfield players plus another two or three. Whilst you might squeak about some of those unwanted players staying that matter is irelevant to the vreality of Keane''s intention.Please tell us how, with over twenty plus players having being shipped out, you can only afford 4 or 5 players - two of which are already signed ie Cpl Jones and Pike ?

Why do you even care about the number of players we have? It''s all about what happens on the pitch.Anyhow, we won''t have ten outfield players. Firstly, I expect Connor Wickham and Luke Hyam to become regulars this year, both teenagers. Secondly, I''d expect we will sign 1 or 2 before the window closes. Finally, Keane''s intention isn''t reality is it... Matter of fact is, there WILL be some of those transfer listed players left. Keane has said from the start he knows that we will not be able to get rid of all of the 8 and he does not expect to sell all 8. As I''ve said, time and time again, I don''t know about the clubs finances. Oh wait, I''ll just ring Marcus...You''re getting boring now, old fella. Would be nice to talk about football for once instead of doing the state of our club''s finances etc. to death.-------------Exciting Canary - I, too, feel we will lose to Boro. Away to arguably the league''s best team when we aren''t particularly settled thus far, is a bit of a recipe for disaster. However, football''s a funny old game, and when you get down to it, our core XI are still a good team. Imo miles ahead of the eleven we fielded for the first game last year. I''d be very happy ith a draw but I''d settle with a plain encouraging performance. I''d probably agree with your place estimation, niether team will struggle with relegation, but I also couldn''t see either of us in the playoffs, 6-10 would be a good finish for either club imo. Ah, your team. I''d say you''re alot better going forward than you are defensively. On evidence from Everton it looks like you might be in for an exciting season with goals going in frequently at both ends. Goalkeeper also seems a bit of a problem position for you. However, I feel Hoolahan could shine this year with newfound confidence and I also think Chris Martin will have a pretty good year. However, I think Holt might struggle with the step up, bigger, more dominant Centre Backs and all that. Can''t wait to see how the two teams fare.

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]Why do you even care about the number of players we have? It''s all about what happens on the pitch.Anyhow, we won''t have ten outfield players. Firstly, I expect Connor Wickham and Luke Hyam to become regulars this year, both teenagers. Secondly, I''d expect we will sign 1 or 2 before the window closes. Finally, Keane''s intention isn''t reality is it... Matter of fact is, there WILL be some of those transfer listed players left. Keane has said from the start he knows that we will not be able to get rid of all of the 8 and he does not expect to sell all 8. As I''ve said, time and time again, I don''t know about the clubs finances. Oh wait, I''ll just ring Marcus...You''re getting boring now, old fella. Would be nice to talk about football for once instead of doing the state of our club''s finances etc. to death.-------------Exciting Canary - I, too, feel we will lose to Boro. Away to arguably the league''s best team when we aren''t particularly settled thus far, is a bit of a recipe for disaster. However, football''s a funny old game, and when you get down to it, our core XI are still a good team. Imo miles ahead of the eleven we fielded for the first game last year. I''d be very happy ith a draw but I''d settle with a plain encouraging performance. I''d probably agree with your place estimation, niether team will struggle with relegation, but I also couldn''t see either of us in the playoffs, 6-10 would be a good finish for either club imo. Ah, your team. I''d say you''re alot better going forward than you are defensively. On evidence from Everton it looks like you might be in for an exciting season with goals going in frequently at both ends. Goalkeeper also seems a bit of a problem position for you. However, I feel Hoolahan could shine this year with newfound confidence and I also think Chris Martin will have a pretty good year. However, I think Holt might struggle with the step up, bigger, more dominant Centre Backs and all that. Can''t wait to see how the two teams fare. [/quote]Thanks for that. I don''t think Holt will struggle as such, he just wont be as effective as in League One. I can see him getting around 10-15 goals and the same with Jacko who will turn out a good signing imo. Chrissy as I said will be our top goal scorer and if he keeps his head on he can definietly reach 20 this season. 40-50 goal return from those 3 would be tremendous and probably much too optimistic! We have Surs (Surman), Crofty and Wes who all have the capability of helping out with about 5 goals each. It seems that goalscoring midfielders are quite important in the Champo and I feel we have that with that trio.Your team [;)] I always thought Carlos Edwards was a fantastic player at Sunderland, and admit to being ever so slightly jealous when you signed him but from what I heard he didn''t have a great season last year? Obviously Conor Wickham is a great prospect, and I''m not saying you''re a 1 man team but obviously you are going to miss him for your first few games. Norris is a good player also, but I hear he got injured a bit last year? Imo John Stead is a good player and would like us to sign him! I am a bit surprised he is surplus to requirements at Town. Lee Martin & Priskin, I think they were both at Forest a few years back? Being a Nottingham boy I saw them a few times and I have to say I wasn''t too impressed with either of them but obviously that doesn''t mean they wont be a success at Ipswich?See ya 28th November [:)]

It''s not about our finances, we are fine. It''s more about you suffolk gobsh*tes crowing on here about how loaded you were, about how we were going to be in Div 2 when you were promoted to the Premiership.So forgive us while we continue to laugh at you and your grubby little club, I''m sure you''ll both provide us with more amusement over the coming months.

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]Exciting Canary - I, too, feel we will lose to Boro. Away to arguably the league''s best team when we aren''t particularly settled thus far, is a bit of a recipe for disaster. However, football''s a funny old game, and when you get down to it, our core XI are still a good team. Imo miles ahead of the eleven we fielded for the first game last year. I''d be very happy ith a draw but I''d settle with a plain encouraging performance. I''d probably agree with your place estimation, niether team will struggle with relegation, but I also couldn''t see either of us in the playoffs, 6-10 would be a good finish for either club imo. Ah, your team. I''d say you''re alot better going forward than you are defensively. On evidence from Everton it looks like you might be in for an exciting season with goals going in frequently at both ends. Goalkeeper also seems a bit of a problem position for you. However, I feel Hoolahan could shine this year with newfound confidence and I also think Chris Martin will have a pretty good year. However, I think Holt might struggle with the step up, bigger, more dominant Centre Backs and all that. Can''t wait to see how the two teams fare. [/quote]Now I could go down the route of talking about finances, how you guys are binners and Suffolk inbred scum and ask why you bother posting on a Norwich message board. I could say thanks in advance for the 6 points we should take off you this season, how no one wants to play for your manager, your owner is a recluse etc etc......But I have to say fair play, this reply is your best post of the thread so far and comes across as pretty balanced and honest. He''s right too folks, we are way better going forward than at the back. Regarding my own thoughts on Ipswich, I still can''t see them setting the world alight but that''s not due to any bias. They do have a couple of exciting young prospects for sure, but I''m not sure that''ll be enough. Home form will be the key, and trimming the number of draws. I for one didn''t actually want them to go down last season if we got promotion, as I wanted the derby games back. The actual league itself it still pretty wide open and pretty much everytime has a shot for at least the play-offs. Even Portsmouth and Scunthorpe I''d say could make a surprise crack at them. You wouldn''t have thought Blackpool would do it last year, so I don''t see why these two couldn''t pull off something of a shock.  

Edwards. Hmm, he is a bit hit and miss. He looks good when he is trying to beat his man but he doesn''t do it enough. He has a little bit of pace, but not enough to look like a true winger. He did get one of our best goals of the season last year, but I''d like to see him contribute more with more assists and better wing play, linking up with the full back to better effect etc. I reckon he will be better this year, starting most games. But no, last year he was pretty poor.Connor Wickham is a huge miss for me. He has got it all. Height, strength, aerial ability, pace, good feet. Everything except experience. He is a very confident, down to earth guy and I wouldn''t bet against him scoring 10-15 goals this year, even with his injury. Delaney is also out, who was builiding, along with McAuley, the best CB partnership at Town in a long, long time. We will miss these two immensely. Norris is a bit of a workhorse. He is a great tackler, breaks up play very well, but lacks that real cutting edge with his passing. He is very competent with his short passing, but keeps it simple which I suppose is good. He''ll get forward with a couple of goals but needs someone alongside him who can really pick a pass.Steady, the jury is still out for him as far as I''m concerned. Last year, he had a spell of 4 goals in 4 games or something, and was given a shocking red card which was never even a yellow. After coming back from an extended suspension (The F.A charged us with a bad appeal or something, and gave him an extra game) he never really got a chance. He lacks a bit of pace again, but will definately get you goals every now and again. Same for Martin and Priskin really. I reckon Martin might rot in the reserves this year, but unless we sign that big striker, it looks like Priskin is going to be key for us this year. I think he''s up to it, just needs a confidence boost. Cannot wait for November, buzzing! How do you think the derbys will go?

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]Cannot wait for November, buzzing! How do you think the derbys will go?[/quote]Impossible to tell in terms of injuries and suspensions nearer the time, plus both sides may yet being in another player or two, either before the window or via an emergency loan. I think we''ve got just a tad more in terms of going forward, but there''s no telling what our defence will be like on the day. Should both make for good games, I''ll naturally go for a win for us but I don''t exactly think we''ll win by much, I expect both to be pretty tightly contested this season.

Derbies are notoriously difficult to predict, and rarely have anything to do with current form. Players raise their game, some players choke on nerves, the crowd raise the volume.That said I''ll go with a home win, no idea about away.

[quote user="morty"]Derbies are notoriously difficult to predict, and rarely have anything to do with current form. Players raise their game, some players choke on nerves, the crowd raise the volume.That said I''ll go with a home win, no idea about away.[/quote]Too true, prior to the last Carrow Road derby we were having a torrid run under Roeder, only to win the game 2-0. Then right after that we were struggling again. One thing I''m definatley looking forward to again is the sheer crowd volume, which will be even louder if we are doing well at the time.

How odd (or not). The binner finds someone to agree with him who uses the same grammar and sentence construction.He wouldn''t, would he ?

[quote user="City1st"]How odd (or not). The binner finds someone to agree with him who uses the same grammar and sentence construction.He wouldn''t, would he ?[/quote]Your saying I''m a scummer?

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]Edwards. Hmm, he is a bit hit and miss. He looks good when he is trying to beat his man but he doesn''t do it enough. He has a little bit of pace, but not enough to look like a true winger. He did get one of our best goals of the season last year, but I''d like to see him contribute more with more assists and better wing play, linking up with the full back to better effect etc. I reckon he will be better this year, starting most games. But no, last year he was pretty poor.Connor Wickham is a huge miss for me. He has got it all. Height, strength, aerial ability, pace, good feet. Everything except experience. He is a very confident, down to earth guy and I wouldn''t bet against him scoring 10-15 goals this year, even with his injury. Delaney is also out, who was builiding, along with McAuley, the best CB partnership at Town in a long, long time. We will miss these two immensely. Norris is a bit of a workhorse. He is a great tackler, breaks up play very well, but lacks that real cutting edge with his passing. He is very competent with his short passing, but keeps it simple which I suppose is good. He''ll get forward with a couple of goals but needs someone alongside him who can really pick a pass.Steady, the jury is still out for him as far as I''m concerned. Last year, he had a spell of 4 goals in 4 games or something, and was given a shocking red card which was never even a yellow. After coming back from an extended suspension (The F.A charged us with a bad appeal or something, and gave him an extra game) he never really got a chance. He lacks a bit of pace again, but will definately get you goals every now and again. Same for Martin and Priskin really. I reckon Martin might rot in the reserves this year, but unless we sign that big striker, it looks like Priskin is going to be key for us this year. I think he''s up to it, just needs a confidence boost. Cannot wait for November, buzzing! How do you think the derbys will go?[/quote]I think both teams will win their home matches. However, as has been said Derby Days are impossible to predict!

Its hard to be civil to those down there..I found out at work a few years ago,one of them worked in our wage office,and had moved here for the job..He was a season ticket holder for them(rare i know)...One of the guys on the fryers,who was Norwich old school through n through,came up to me and and as we were talking the fat ips guy walked past.I held my tounge,but the fryer let out loads of verbal.He didnt react exept held up his fingers as he went through the doors,reminding us of the score at portaloo...

I didnt have much to do with him,but a few weeks later,i bumbed into him at the coffee stand..And he,for one of them,didnt seem that bad....I left that place,and 2 years later,in the barclay,there he was at the back,with a girl wearing a Norwich shirt!..He saw me and went shhhhhh..I asked him at Halftime,if he has seen the light,but know,he was still one of them,but was now dating a Norwich girl...he has since married this girl,and though i dont see him now as i changed my seats,he probably still goes

I could never do that,however hot the girl is,sit in the north stand,and pretend im one of them..Though as one of them,he was acceptable