Sign in to follow this  
ucl-canary

Connor Wickham

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="portmanking"]They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.[/quote]

Do you actually think this is on the same level as Kris Boyd?

[/quote]No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down. [/quote]Really? You''d swap a young keeper with rave reviews for a 35 year old who''s never made it in the Premiership, and loses his place to perma-crock Gordon? No.

[quote user="thirdlion"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="portmanking"]They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.[/quote]

[/quote]No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down. [/quote]Really? You''d swap a young keeper with rave reviews for a 35 year old who''s never made it in the Premiership, and loses his place to perma-crock Gordon? No. [/quote]Eh?! My ill-educated Norfolk bredren.... Fulop is aged 27 and will certainly have his best years ahead of him including definite re-sale value! Win-win!

[/quote]No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down. [/quote]Personally, i wouldn''t so much as consider swapping him for Ruddy.Ruddy has been touted as a future England, the 6ft 4 man was seen as the best man between the sticks in Scotland at the mere age of 23, and appraisals directed toward him have been constant as a result, rating him as the brilliant prospect he always seemed to be.Fulop? I think scrimmage put some perspective on that with the obscene amount this sc*mmer seems to rate him, neither have i ever thought much of him myself.We''ve made a number of better signings, and if they honestly think bringing in a new keeper is what they need to push them into play-off contenders, considering how much they''ve lost, and how much they''re lacking infront of that position they really do suffer delusions of grandeur.They''re squad is far worse than it was at the end of last season, and arguably worse than it was at the start. If i were them, i''d worry, even more so if Wickham is expected to start the season on the sidelines.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down. [/quote]Personally, i wouldn''t so much as consider swapping him for Ruddy.Ruddy has been touted as a future England, the 6ft 4 man was seen as the best man between the sticks in Scotland at the mere age of 23, and appraisals directed toward him have been constant as a result, rating him as the brilliant prospect he always seemed to be.Fulop? I think scrimmage put some perspective on that with the obscene amount this sc*mmer seems to rate him, neither have i ever thought much of him myself.We''ve made a number of better signings, and if they honestly think bringing in a new keeper is what they need to push them into play-off contenders, considering how much they''ve lost, and how much they''re lacking infront of that position they really do suffer delusions of grandeur.They''re squad is far worse than it was at the end of last season, and arguably worse than it was at the start. If i were them, i''d worry, even more so if Wickham is expected to start the season on the sidelines.[/quote]Yeah, jeez, so much so Everton were really busting a gut to hold onto this future England hope. Best keeper in the SPL?! Sheesh, praise indeed...You do realise that Fulop is just the start of our new signings? Wickham will be a miss but it will do us good not to rely on a player who is a GENUINE England hope...

Stop trying to convince yourself that ipshite aren''t going down and go away..

If scummers were so confident of going up this season with all your great signings how come you can''t sell any season tickets?

I doubt you will even sell out the derby and some city fans will be in the home end like last time..

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

If scummers were so confident of going up this season with all your great signings how come you can''t sell any season tickets?

I doubt you will even sell out the derby and some city fans will be in the home end like last time..

[/quote]''With all your great signings....''I would just add that we are only now beginning to make our move in the transfer market, Premier clubs are only now culling their squads and we will reap the benefits from this.If you really think we are going down then I''d suggest you''re the ones with the heads in the sand.

Port, I''m not saying he isn''t a good purchase, especially for yourselves - simply that I don''t believe he is on the same level as that of Boyd.

Is he even yours yet?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Port, I''m not saying he isn''t a good purchase, especially for yourselves - simply that I don''t believe he is on the same level as that of Boyd.

Is he even yours yet?

[/quote]Reports in the North-East say it''s all over bar the shouting. The way I see it is that Fulop is already too good for the Championship - ask Leicester fans. Boyd is probably too good for the Championship but is yet to even prove himself!

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

''With all your great signings....''

I would just add that we are only now beginning to make our move in the transfer market, Premier clubs are only now culling their squads and we will reap the benefits from this.

If you really think we are going down then I''d suggest you''re the ones with the heads in the sand.
[/quote]

So you dont target players,you just wait until teams decide to "cull" their squads? .....I think you will find,that prem sides usually loan out the ones worthy that will not make the matchday squad,and those will be sort after by more than ipshi### ..and the rest are often the ones who are the failures in the prem,so are sold....

[quote user="portmanking"]

Reports in the North-East say it''s all over bar the shouting. The way I see it is that Fulop is already too good for the Championship - ask Leicester fans. Boyd is probably too good for the Championship but is yet to even prove himself!
[/quote]

Yeah but there are a number of goalkeepers in the Championship who I think are too good, however, unless they want to be on the bench in the Prem they have no choice but to come down to this league and hope to get back to the Premiership through promotion.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="portmanking"]Reports in the North-East say it''s all over bar the shouting. The way I see it is that Fulop is already too good for the Championship - ask Leicester fans. Boyd is probably too good for the Championship but is yet to even prove himself![/quote]

Yeah but there are a number of goalkeepers in the Championship who I think are too good, however, unless they want to be on the bench in the Prem they have no choice but to come down to this league and hope to get back to the Premiership through promotion.

[/quote]Well I would personally place Fulop above the likes of Lee Camp, Andy Lonergan, Lee Grant and Julian Speroni who have been some of the best in recent years. Speroni probably pushes him close. But you''re right, Fulop has no choice but to join us if he wants first team football and hopefully he will prove his worth.

Why are you lot not ignoring the cut? It won''t go away if you keep prodding at it. Simply ignore it, and it will disappear from your lives. This cut like all others WANTS you to interact with it, so that it has a reason to still be there, don''t understand why you''d want to encourage it.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Is he even yours yet?

[/quote]

Reports in the North-East say it''s all over bar the shouting. The way I see it is that Fulop is already too good for the Championship - ask Leicester fans. Boyd is probably too good for the Championship but is yet to even prove himself!
[/quote]

So why is he on his way to your shower then. This sentence in itself fully demonstrates how delusional you are [:)]

Where on earth did you get the figure of 16 player departures?LeftColbackTrotterBalkesteinWright DWright PlugUpsonMurphy BalkesteinLeavingBruceCounagoLisbieGarvanQuinn SteadMartinHealy"The owner is putting me under pressure to get players out before we can bring players in," Clegg told the Green `Un."The manager and myself still have the same four or five players in mind".Four or five doesn''t sound many when you are replacing 16. Is the reason they were all leaving is because they are fringe players or is it Clegg''s need to ''sell and cut the squad'' because you are skint (or in meltdown as you refer to it) ?Could the lack of money be because 3000 other farmhands don''t share your delusions and have not renewed their season tickets or could it be that after years of poncing of everyone else you are being made to pay your way for once ?I will conceded one thing though. Your ramshackle, shambles of a club will be challenging for the spot above relegation again this season.

Must say its good to see the old ''derby'' debates are alive and well after our year away in League 1. Fulop v Ruddy is going to be an interesting one, assuming ME finds some more spare cash for Keane. Bet Murphy is delighted at all this talk about needing another GK - great for morale!

Never did I think I would be just a little bit saddenned by the news of an injury to a bin man.

[quote user="City1st"]Where on earth did you get the figure of 16 player departures?LeftColbackTrotterBalkesteinWright DWright PlugUpsonMurphy BalkesteinLeavingBruceCounagoLisbieGarvanQuinn SteadMartinHealy"The owner is putting me under pressure to get players out before we can bring players in," Clegg told the Green `Un."The manager and myself still have the same four or five players in mind".Four or five doesn''t sound many when you are replacing 16. Is the reason they were all leaving is because they are fringe players or is it Clegg''s need to ''sell and cut the squad'' because you are skint (or in meltdown as you refer to it) ?Could the lack of money be because 3000 other farmhands don''t share your delusions and have not renewed their season tickets or could it be that after years of poncing of everyone else you are being made to pay your way for once ?I will conceded one thing though. Your ramshackle, shambles of a club will be challenging for the spot above relegation again this season.

[/quote]LeftColback - Loan player, albeit a fantastic one but replaceableTrotter - Loaned to Millwall not involved in squadBalkestein - Loaned out not involved in squadWright D - Moved out Wright Plug - Moved outUpson - No first team appearancesMurphy - Loan player, decent striker but replaceableBalkestein - Added an extra Balkestein to fit your agenda?!LeavingBruce - Loaned out to Leicester, not wanted or good enoughCounago - Could potentially stay as a squad playerLisbie - Bag of sh*te, not wanted or good enoughGarvan - Moved outQuinn - Not wanted or good enoughStead - Moved outMartin - Likely to remain in first team squadHealy - Barely playedSo in conclusion, we''ve let a LOT of waste within our squad go. In effect we''re only going to miss the presence of the following:ColbackMurphyD. WrightR. WrightIf we''re bringing in 4-5 new players I''d say we''re doing EXACTLY what we have needed to do for years, clear the dead wood and have a refined squad.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Where on earth did you get the figure of 16 player departures?LeftColbackTrotterBalkesteinWright DWright PlugUpsonMurphy BalkesteinLeavingBruceCounagoLisbieGarvanQuinn SteadMartinHealy"The owner is putting me under pressure to get players out before we can bring players in," Clegg told the Green `Un."The manager and myself still have the same four or five players in mind".Four or five doesn''t sound many when you are replacing 16. Is the reason they were all leaving is because they are fringe players or is it Clegg''s need to ''sell and cut the squad'' because you are skint (or in meltdown as you refer to it) ?Could the lack of money be because 3000 other farmhands don''t share your delusions and have not renewed their season tickets or could it be that after years of poncing of everyone else you are being made to pay your way for once ?I will conceded one thing though. Your ramshackle, shambles of a club will be challenging for the spot above relegation again this season.

[/quote]LeftColback - Loan player, albeit a fantastic one but replaceableTrotter - Loaned to Millwall not involved in squadBalkestein - Loaned out not involved in squadWright D - Moved out Wright Plug - Moved outUpson - No first team appearancesMurphy - Loan player, decent striker but replaceableBalkestein - Added an extra Balkestein to fit your agenda?!LeavingBruce - Loaned out to Leicester, not wanted or good enoughCounago - Could potentially stay as a squad playerLisbie - Bag of sh*te, not wanted or good enoughGarvan - Moved outQuinn - Not wanted or good enoughStead - Moved outMartin - Likely to remain in first team squadHealy - Barely playedSo in conclusion, we''ve let a LOT of waste within our squad go. In effect we''re only going to miss the presence of the following:ColbackMurphyD. WrightR. WrightIf we''re bringing in 4-5 new players I''d say we''re doing EXACTLY what we have needed to do for years, clear the dead wood and have a refined squad.[/quote]I don''t speak to pieces of excrement. But if anyone else chooses to acknowledge this binner''s presence, they could maybe point out that replacing 15 human beings with 5 human beings, means you still have much fewer human beings. And if one of those human beings gets injured, one gets suspended, one is having an off-day, has a family tragedy etc. then you are relying on presumably youth human beings to replace them if you have 10 other senior professionals gone.

Oh and to answer your question about fringe players - I would consider 10 of the 15 players that have left/or leaving to be fringe players. We will be putting those wages towards a smaller pool of key players who will naturally require good wages.

[quote user="portmanking"]Oh and to answer your question about fringe players - I would consider 10 of the 15 players that have left/or leaving to be fringe players. We will be putting those wages towards a smaller pool of key players who will naturally require good wages.
[/quote]

Keep on dreaming

Your chairman won''t back keane (hero) after near enough wasting £16.5milllion

Chopra rumoues are a smokescreen for a lack of signings and i have a feeling this deal will fall through at the last minute leaving you with no big signings...

They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down.
[/quote]

lol yew make i larf

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Where on earth did you get the figure of 16 player departures?LeftColbackTrotterBalkesteinWright DWright PlugUpsonMurphy BalkesteinLeavingBruceCounagoLisbieGarvanQuinn SteadMartinHealy"The owner is putting me under pressure to get players out before we can bring players in," Clegg told the Green `Un."The manager and myself still have the same four or five players in mind".Four or five doesn''t sound many when you are replacing 16. Is the reason they were all leaving is because they are fringe players or is it Clegg''s need to ''sell and cut the squad'' because you are skint (or in meltdown as you refer to it) ?Could the lack of money be because 3000 other farmhands don''t share your delusions and have not renewed their season tickets or could it be that after years of poncing of everyone else you are being made to pay your way for once ?I will conceded one thing though. Your ramshackle, shambles of a club will be challenging for the spot above relegation again this season.

[/quote]LeftColback - Loan player, albeit a fantastic one but replaceableTrotter - Loaned to Millwall not involved in squadBalkestein - Loaned out not involved in squadWright D - Moved out Wright Plug - Moved outUpson - No first team appearancesMurphy - Loan player, decent striker but replaceableBalkestein - Added an extra Balkestein to fit your agenda?!LeavingBruce - Loaned out to Leicester, not wanted or good enoughCounago - Could potentially stay as a squad playerLisbie - Bag of sh*te, not wanted or good enoughGarvan - Moved outQuinn - Not wanted or good enoughStead - Moved outMartin - Likely to remain in first team squadHealy - Barely playedSo in conclusion, we''ve let a LOT of waste within our squad go. In effect we''re only going to miss the presence of the following:ColbackMurphyD. WrightR. WrightIf we''re bringing in 4-5 new players I''d say we''re doing EXACTLY what we have needed to do for years, clear the dead wood and have a refined squad.[/quote]I don''t speak to pieces of excrement. But if anyone else chooses to acknowledge this binner''s presence, they could maybe point out that replacing 15 human beings with 5 human beings, means you still have much fewer human beings. And if one of those human beings gets injured, one gets suspended, one is having an off-day, has a family tragedy etc. then you are relying on presumably youth human beings to replace them if you have 10 other senior professionals gone.[/quote]Ah yes but we actually have an Academy which produces players capable of performing at this level - watch out for the likes of Luke Hyam, Jack Ainsley and Billy Clark this year.Besides replacing 15 with 5 would still leave us with a squad of 23 senior pros. Please don''t worry about us, I know you like to think you''re just going to waltz to the Pride of Anglia tag this year but write us off at your peril.

Leaving

Counago - Could potentially stay as a squad player
Lisbie - Bag of sh*te, not wanted or good enough

[/quote]

If those 2 go, who''s going to win all your penalties?

Could mean a drastic rethink of the ''masterplan'' or I guess you could teach Wickham to become a diving little cheat too?

Silly me, one extra Balkestein one less Healey - too many Sunderland players at poorman road I''m afraid, so back to where you were with 16. Odd how our deluded farmhand was earlier wondering where on earth I got that figure from, then happily quotes it.

"10 of the 15 players that have left/or leaving to be fringe players" Did Keane realise that he was embarking on Operation Premiership with 10 fringe players ?

" putting those wages towards a smaller pool of key players" Yet, strangely cortwanking was on here a few weeks ago squeaking about how the paupers didn''t need to get rid of players to fund new players, rather contradicting yourself again aren''t we.

"......who will naturally require good wages" Yep, a 19 year old Sunderland youth player must take up a fair bit of that 16 player wage bill. Him and an aged Cardiff journeyman.

So what what on earth are you going to be spending the rest of the money you will save on the 16 players who leave. The next two or three ex Sunderland flops ?Or maybe, as we all know, finally paying off some of your £45m debt.

"would still leave us with a squad of 23 senior pros"eh ? perhaps playing their trade around the side streets of poorman rd but not playing staff

Ah yes but we actually have an Academy which produces players capable of performing at this level - watch out for the likes of Luke Hyam, Jack Ainsley and Billy Clark this year.

Take note of Chris Martin, Korey Smith, Declan Ridd, Jed Steer, George Francombe, Tom Adeyemi and Josh Dawkins.