Sign in to follow this  
ucl-canary

Connor Wickham

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Out for 6 weeks..

What a shame.

I have a definite feeling we will be the "pride of Anglia" this year.

[/quote]Don''t laugh too soon .

Holt, I believe, won''t be back until early October as his injury is worse than is being mentioned (Bookmark that!) so we''re in the same boat! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG]

Where have you heard that?

Even if true we aren''t in the same situation as we''ve signed Jackson and therefore not resting all our hopes on one player..

errr, nowe have the money to bring in cover if neededour other strikers have not been told that they are all not wanted at the club and are up for sale

Even if true we aren''t in the same situation as we''ve signed Jackson and therefore not resting all our hopes on one player..

[/quote]Yes it is, almost! laughing at Scum is the same, because we''ve lost our top scorer too.............simples.

Leaves them with Priskin, Pablo, Lisbie and Stead upfront, all who have been told they are surpluss to requirements plus Stead and Lisbie are in talks with other clubs.

Will be interesting to see if the invisible man gets his chequebook out now as he seems reluctant to give Keane anymore money to waste.

Oh Dear! [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

Out for 6 weeks..

What a shame.

I have a definite feeling we will be the "pride of Anglia" this year.

[/quote]Don''t laugh too soon .

Holt, I believe, won''t be back until early October as his injury is worse than is being mentioned (Bookmark that!) so we''re in the same boat! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]

Wild stab in the dark Wiz? Or from the source that brought us ''Going Into Administration'' and ''Holt Won''t Sign''?

[/quote]Yes it is, almost! laughing at Scum is the same, because we''ve lost our top scorer too.............simples.[/quote]I don''t think you can spin this to be an equal blow. Also, this is fact versus rumour, if Holt was out until October, we would have signed/will sign a big lad on loan / permo. Simples. Also, top scorers aren''t everything, last year''s top two didn''t have a top scorer in the top 5 of the scoring charts (blackpool did thanks to him being the penno taker), everyone chipping in seems to be the way Wiz. The below suggests having a leading top scorer in the league has you playoff bound

Whittingham Cardiff 22
Maynard Bristol City 21
Hooper Scunthorpe 19
Adam Blackpool 18
Chopra Cardiff 18

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]Yes it is, almost! laughing at Scum is the same, because we''ve lost our top scorer too.............simples.[/quote]

I don''t think you can spin this to be an equal blow. Also, this is fact versus rumour, if Holt was out until October, we would have signed/will sign a big lad on loan / permo. Simples.

Also, top scorers aren''t everything, last year''s top two didn''t have a top scorer in the top 5 of the scoring charts (blackpool did thanks to him being the penno taker), everyone chipping in seems to be the way Wiz. The below suggests having a leading top scorer in the league has you playoff bound

WhittinghamCardiff22
MaynardBristol City21
HooperScunthorpe19
AdamBlackpool18
ChopraCardiff18

[/quote]

Good post Seat.[Y]

"Will be interesting to see if the invisible man gets his chequebook out now"

Unlikely. Clegg has repeatedly stated that the club has to stand on it''s own two feet ie break even. For too long they have been poncing off all and sundry.A cursory glance at their accounts certainly don''t back the ludicrous claims by their fans about the millions spent on transfer fees, unless we are back in familiar binner accounting processes where sleight of hand is the order of the day ie there are more payments due on this year and next year accounts.The blunt fact is the club has been grossly overspending. Pretty much the only flexible outgoing is wages, hence the eight players who have left, the eight up for sale and the stated aim of bringing in only four or five others. Net loss of eleven or twelve players. If that has been to target then that is what will happen.That is why Keane is all over the place with player sales and signings, why the two incoming players have only been an inexperienced youth and an over the hill veteran. If Keane can get the paupers back within budget then he will have done his job, whether he is allowed to remain to develop the club through using low cost younger players will remain to be seen.For those who take a perverse delight in the misfortunes of our hapless neighbours then gird your loins and hold your sides - it''s going to get funnier as the seaon progresses.

So there is no source that Holt is actually injured for this long?

And comparing us to scums situation is madness...

[/quote] www.carrowroad.net has a few contacts, more so than here!

And hints have gone out shall we say. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/sly.gif[/img]

Hm fair enough, certainly seems the injury will be longer than first thought.

Chance for Jackson and Martin to step up, but i feel a targetman perhaps on loan would make our squad complete.

So, the Scum suffer an injury to their star striker and what do they do? Sign a goalkeeper from - yep, you guessed it! - Sunderland!

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16796&title=sunderland_keeper_close_to_joining_town

What a bizarre club run by a bizarre man.

And hints have gone out shall we say. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/sly.gif[/img]

[/quote]

....and judging by your past record (0% hit rate) they are all laughing their socks off at feeding the old fart duff info.

[quote user="City1st"]"Will be interesting to see if the invisible man gets his chequebook out now"

Unlikely. Clegg has repeatedly stated that the club has to stand on it''s own two feet ie break even. For too long they have been poncing off all and sundry.A cursory glance at their accounts certainly don''t back the ludicrous claims by their fans about the millions spent on transfer fees, unless we are back in familiar binner accounting processes where sleight of hand is the order of the day ie there are more payments due on this year and next year accounts.The blunt fact is the club has been grossly overspending. Pretty much the only flexible outgoing is wages, hence the eight players who have left, the eight up for sale and the stated aim of bringing in only four or five others. Net loss of eleven or twelve players. If that has been to target then that is what will happen.That is why Keane is all over the place with player sales and signings, why the two incoming players have only been an inexperienced youth and an over the hill veteran. If Keane can get the paupers back within budget then he will have done his job, whether he is allowed to remain to develop the club through using low cost younger players will remain to be seen.For those who take a perverse delight in the misfortunes of our hapless neighbours then gird your loins and hold your sides - it''s going to get funnier as the seaon progresses.

[/quote]I never knew Marton Fulop was a ''low cost young player''... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6281218,00.htmlI think you will find that it is the departure of fringe players to make way for indispendable first team regulars.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]So, the Scum suffer an injury to their star striker and what do they do? Sign a goalkeeper from - yep, you guessed it! - Sunderland!

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16796&title=sunderland_keeper_close_to_joining_town

What a bizarre club run by a bizarre man.[/quote]Yes, incredibly bizarre, how dare he sign a Premier League keeper.We have plenty of deals rumbling on behind the scenes don''t you worry your little head.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]"Will be interesting to see if the invisible man gets his chequebook out now"

[/quote]I never knew Marton Fulop was a ''low cost young player''... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6281218,00.htmlI think you will find that it is the departure of fringe players to make way for indispendable first team regulars.[/quote]Like that 35 year old you have just signed ?

Hm fair enough, certainly seems the injury will be longer than first thought.

Chance for Jackson and Martin to step up, but i feel a targetman perhaps on loan would make our squad complete.

[/quote]I still don''t believe he will be out for a lengthy period of time.Having said that, against Newscastle we showed a reall pattern of play - a thoroughly considered, well-drilled and seemingly successfully communicated to every player - pattern of play. A Plan B if you like, when banging it up to holt isn''t available. I never saw this last year, not once, without Holt on the pitch, whilst we scored goals and got wins occassionally without him, it never seemed to be from tactically-led means. The fact it was only a friendly is irrelevant in this case, as I''m talking about the decisions made in the passing, David Fox alludes to it in the article that''s just been published with him by Arcahnt, there''s real methodical consideration about the way we''re trying to play, and that means with goal scorers up top (be they tall or short) chances will be both created and taken.In summary, I still think Plan A will come good for Watford and he''ll start, however I''m less concerned about Plan B than i ever have been, and if anything, think it''s going to be a delight to watch. Plan C (anything involving Oli Johnson) is still a complete disaster though.

"I never knew Marton Fulop was a ''low cost young player''I think you will find that it is the departure of fringe players to make way for indispendable first team regulars"

Blimey, things must be quiet on the farm if the well known typing error Cortwanking has turned up.Have you actually signed the new keeper or

is it the same arrangement as you have with Bruce or the arrangement you

had with Bailey, Derry and Chopra ?
Tell us, did Keane tell you he was signing ''fringe players'' when he signed Martin and Priskin ?

Will Kennedy be a fringe player next summer
?Why are you having to get rid of 16 other players, were they all fringe ?What has happened to Operation Premiership ?Why have 3000 fellow farmhands failed to renew their season tickets ?Does you nickname the Binmen refer to your lowly job of collecting up unwanted Sunderland rubbish ?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

....and judging by your past record (0% hit rate) they are all laughing their socks off at feeding the old fart duff info.

[/quote]And who called correctly our title winning team in October last year numb nuts?

Yes me.

[quote user="City1st"]"I never knew Marton Fulop was a ''low cost young player''I think you will find that it is the departure of fringe players to make way for indispendable first team regulars"

Blimey, things must be quiet on the farm if the well known typing error Cortwanking has turned up.Have you actually signed the new keeper or

is it the same arrangement as you have with Bruce or the arrangement you

had with Bailey, Derry and Chopra ?
Tell us, did Keane tell you he was signing ''fringe players'' when he signed Martin and Priskin ?

Will Kennedy be a fringe player next summer
?Why are you having to get rid of 16 other players, were they all fringe ?What has happened to Operation Premiership ?Why have 3000 fellow farmhands failed to renew their season tickets ?Does you nickname the Binmen refer to your lowly job of collecting up unwanted Sunderland rubbish ?

[/quote]They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.With regards to Bailey - I''m not aware we had any interest... Derry - he chose to play for Warnock again... Chopra - I''m afraid the deal for him is still in the pipeline!Martin and Priskin are likely to have parts to play this season, especially the latter. The signing of his compatriot Fulop will help.Kennedy will provide good competition for our excellent young left back Shane O''Connor and is equally as positive an influence off the field.Where on earth did you get the figure of 16 player departures? And yes, I don''t see how it''s hard to comprehend that the players leaving PR this summer are ones not in Keane''s matchday 16.Operation Premiership is still very much on the go, it''s just City folk who are trying to make themselves believe we aren''t going to be challenging.

It''s like having a cut on the roof of your mouth.Extremely unpleasant. But if it''s completely ignored, it will go away.

n.b. I chose the word "cut" over "sore" for a reason.

[quote user="portmanking"]Keane''s matchday 16.[/quote]Are you that short on players you can only name 5 subs? Also, Fulop is not a premier league keeper, since his arrival to English football he played 0 times for Spurs, 3 times for Man City and 44 times for Sunderland, some of which were while they were in the championship. During this time, however, he has also played 61 times outside the premier league, at clubs such as Chesterfield [:O][:O][:O][:O].

[quote user="portmanking"]

They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.

[/quote]

Do you actually think this is on the same level as Kris Boyd?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="portmanking"]They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.[/quote]

[/quote]No Iwan, but come on, he is a class keeper. I for one would swap Ruddy for him hands down.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="portmanking"]They are dotting the I''s and crossing the T''s re. Fulop - certainly one of the best signings in the Championship so far this summer.[/quote]

[/quote]

Courtesy of the Daily Mail earlier in the summer:"Martin Fulop has rejected the chance to return to Manchester City instead preferring to compete for a number one place elsewhere.

The Sunderland

goalkeeper filled in for Shay Given on loan at Eastlands last season

and was offered the chance to return but with interest from West Brom,

Anderlecht and Olympiakos the Hungarian is confident of securing a

decent move."

So as it happens yes I''d suggest it is as good as signing Boyd - he''s been courted by a number of top flight and Champions League outfits so it''s certainly quite a coup.

For a club supposedly on the brink of meltdown you''d have thought we''d have been in the market for bargain basements such as Ruddy not Fulop.