Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Simeon Jackson....

Unfit? Looked reasonably sharp with ball at feet, when he came back to collect or ball was passed straight to him he looked good until the shot. However this is clearly Chris Martin''s role, and the other players began to look frustrated at Jackson''s lack of vision at times.

Not afraid of a shot however which is always a good sign, no matter how many times he shanked it kept having a go.

What worries me however is being made to look slow by Slyvain Distin, quick of course, but compared to some of the whippersnappers in the Championship surely Distin is reasonably slow.

Is it just lack of fitness or is that Simeon Jackson all over?

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Unfit? Looked reasonably sharp with ball at feet, when he came back to collect or ball was passed straight to him he looked good until the shot. However this is clearly Chris Martin''s role, and the other players began to look frustrated at Jackson''s lack of vision at times. Not afraid of a shot however which is always a good sign, no matter how many times he shanked it kept having a go. What worries me however is being made to look slow by Slyvain Distin, quick of course, but compared to some of the whippersnappers in the Championship surely Distin is reasonably slow. Is it just lack of fitness or is that Simeon Jackson all over?[/quote]Jackson out..PL out Board out!!!! clearly they dont have a clue!!!!  [:|]   Give the lad time to settle into his new surroundings...homelife, football etc etc....if after 10-15 Champ games he hasnt scored or has been shocking then question his ability

I know this is a bit, presumptuous. However, it''s still a bit worrying, I''m not passing judgement, just intrigued into what his game is all about and wether he is at peak fitness..

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I know this is a bit, presumptuous. However, it''s still a bit worrying, I''m not passing judgement, just intrigued into what his game is all about and wether he is at peak fitness..[/quote]he missed most of the Gills friendly games...so i would say he is still not quite there...PL likes him and paid good money for him, so i would say we will be seeing the best of him soon[Y]  OT the midfield looks really good and surman looks class and i have no doubt he will chip in with a few goals this season...i just hope the back four, well the CB''s click intime for the new season....cant beleive i will miss the game on sky due to work FFS[;(]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I know this is a bit, presumptuous. However, it''s still a bit worrying, I''m not passing judgement, just intrigued into what his game is all about and wether he is at peak fitness..[/quote]

I too am still trying to work out what we have here, even after now seeing him in 3 matches. There''s the odd glimpse of an Earnshaw and at other times more a Defoe (but not as good obviously), but in those three matches I''ve yet to see him have a strike on target. Theres plenty of running there and closing down of defenders but until we get to see him have a real chance in front of goal ,its probably too early to tell.

I''d say that Jacko definitely has the potential. He''s got the pace and his positioning has looked very good. If he could bulk up a little, i.e. get stronger, that would add more to his game. In a sense, he reminds me off Cody, chases and chases, though is more of a finished article. Shooting-wise, he needs to hit the target a little more, but once he does, he''ll take some stopping. But, judge him after 10 games, he needs time to settle in and get his fitness up.

SP

Early days yet!

Remember this stage of pre season last summer - just beat Premiership Wigan 3-2, everything was hunky dory, Whaley looked more than promising, then came the opener!

Jackson looks promising but needs to get sharper!

I think Distin (and Everton) emphasised the difference between Championship and Premiership- a lot quicker and sharper in the Premiership.

The team and Jackson won''t play any team thats any near as good as Everton in this seasons Championship!

I remember the supposedly slow (in reality he was anything but) Doc outpacing the quick Earnshaw at a NorwichVForest game just after Xmas 2 seasons ago!!!!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Sounds like another Curo! That''ll be Wiz all loved up again then! [:$][<:o)][D][^][/quote]Goody, that me sorted then. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/leghump.gif[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]Sounds like another Curo! That''ll be Wiz all loved up again then! [:$][<:o)][D][^][/quote]Goody, that me sorted then. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/leghump.gif[/img][/quote]

LMFAO

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]Sounds like another Curo! That''ll be Wiz all loved up again then! [:$][<:o)][D][^][/quote]Goody, that me sorted then. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/leghump.gif[/img][/quote]

LMFAO

[/quote]

[y]

Isn''t it funny, we''re prepared to judge certain players (i.e. Ruddy, Nelson) on friendly appearances, but we can only judge players like Jackson after 10 Championship games.

It''s the same for every player in this squad, we need to give them all time to gel and only then can we judge them.

You can rest assured Lambert will have all the players motivated for Day One v. Watford.

[quote user="bjg123"]Don''t think there are many CBs in this country as quick as Distin[/quote]He certainly outpaced Jackson, despite being roughly 3 times the size of him.

Then Distin well then it''s the longer legs that made the difference!

Davo

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Isn''t it funny, we''re prepared to judge certain players (i.e. Ruddy, Nelson) on friendly appearances, but we can only judge players like Jackson after 10 Championship games. It''s the same for every player in this squad, we need to give them all time to gel and only then can we judge them. You can rest assured Lambert will have all the players motivated for Day One v. Watford.[/quote]

[y] well said, although I think nelson struggled against some last season and as the quality will improve this season he will struggle more. !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bjg123"]Don''t think there are many CBs in this country as quick as Distin[/quote]He certainly outpaced Jackson, despite being roughly 3 times the size of him.[/quote]Being short/tall does not make you fast/slow

I can''t believe we have spent money on this guy (and ruddy / R. Martin / Crofts etc), my Mum''s hairdresser once knew the auntie of the next door neighbour of all this shower and the concensus between the paper boy and the postie was that they were massively over-rated....can''t believe we fell for it!Ship them all out now and get some quality loan players in, Chris Killen as the front man with Henry James loading the gun is what I want!

[quote user="Kent Canary"]

Ship them all out now and get some quality loan players in, Chris Killen as the front man with Henry James loading the gun is what I want!
[/quote]

Please, let''s never mention those names again...

[quote user="GJP"]

Ship them all out now and get some quality loan players in, Chris Killen as the front man with Henry James loading the gun is what I want!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, James Henry.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Ship them all out now and get some quality loan players in, Chris Killen as the front man with Henry James loading the gun is what I want![/quote]

[/quote]Not until we see them tied into very lucrative seven figure loan deals!

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh yeah, henry james....its james henry [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Ship them all out now and get some quality loan players in, Chris Killen as the front man with Henry James loading the gun is what I want![/quote]

[/quote]

oh yeah, henry james....its james henry [y]

[/quote]Are you his boyfriend?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Isn''t it funny, we''re prepared to judge certain players (i.e. Ruddy, Nelson) on friendly appearances, but we can only judge players like Jackson after 10 Championship games. It''s the same for every player in this squad, we need to give them all time to gel and only then can we judge them. You can rest assured Lambert will have all the players motivated for Day One v. Watford.[/quote]

I don''t see it. These guys are professionals and supposed to keep themselves fit. Many have been playing football for years. Why are they supposed to let 10 Championship games to gel. After ten games we could be mid table and having to look for new players at the next window. Players are either good or no good. If no good lets nove on!

Jackson is class and those who are questioning a player after a few friendlies when a player is trying to get some match practice under his belt obviously don''t have the first idea about what makes a footballer tick.Don''t be surprised if Jackson breaks his duck when it really matters on Friday night!

[quote user="Bobert"]

I don''t see it. These guys are professionals and supposed to keep themselves fit. Many have been playing football for years. Why are they supposed to let 10 Championship games to gel. After ten games we could be mid table and having to look for new players at the next window. Players are either good or no good. If no good lets nove on!

[/quote]Yes you don''t get a lot really do you Bobert?  Maybe you should stick to cricket or Aussie Rules??? [:|]