Sign in to follow this  
emmaroyds

letter from McNasty

[quote user="Mello Yello"]It''s just cost me a quid to look at that.....[/quote]Only a quid, blimey you must have caught McNasty in a charitable mood[:D]

Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)][/quote]How on earth do you get through most of the posts on here then?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)][/quote]How on earth do you get through most of the posts on here then?[/quote]

Willpower. Sheer willpower![:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)][/quote]Technically, you mean "grammatical error".You''re welcome!  [:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)]

[/quote]
How on earth do you get through most of the posts on here then?
[/quote]

Willpower. Sheer willpower![:D]

[/quote]

I actually think that the tone is rising rapidly. Yesterday we had people quoting Marvell and Donne, now you''re offering a nod to Gide. As for me, I''m still quoting John Cooper Clarke.....[:$]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)][/quote]How on earth do you get through most of the posts on here then?[/quote]

Willpower. Sheer willpower![:D][/quote]

I actually think that the tone is rising rapidly. Yesterday we had people quoting Marvell and Donne, now you''re offering a nod to Gide. As for me, I''m still quoting John Cooper Clarke.....[:$]

[/quote]Beau, the Gide, which seems a very unFrench thing to say, comes in his preface to Saint-Exupéry''s Vol de Nuit, a favourite novel, which is very much about duty. As to all those quotations yesterday, I was surprised to see no-one mentioned Coleridge''s famous poem about the Canaries:"In Carrow Road did Norwich fansA stately football ground decree,Where Hucks, the sacred winger, ranThrough tackles numberless to man,Down to a penalty."I think I''ve remembered it right...[;)]

I dont care if they up food prices, i cant remember the last time i bought something inside the ground, but it doesnt make me laugh when they justify stuff like that by saying "all extra revenue will be invested into the squad" so people dont moan,

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Gave up reading after the third grammatical mistake[:@] and the fourth tautology.[N] Perhaps there was something fascinating at the end...[:^)][/quote]How on earth do you get through most of the posts on here then?[/quote]

[/quote]Beau, the Gide, which seems a very unFrench thing to say, comes in his preface to Saint-Exupéry''s Vol de Nuit, a favourite novel, which is very much about duty. As to all those quotations yesterday, I was surprised to see no-one mentioned Coleridge''s famous poem about the Canaries:"In Carrow Road did Norwich fansA stately football ground decree,Where Hucks, the sacred winger, ranThrough tackles numberless to man,Down to a penalty."[/quote]So ninety yards of fertile ground

With extra seats were girdled round:

And there were old farts wrapped in yellow scarves,Eating packed lunches in the N&P,

And Holiday Inns modern as the day,

enfolded spots of Delia''s Brasserie.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Beau, the Gide, which seems a very unFrench thing to say, comes in his preface to Saint-Exupéry''s Vol de Nuit, a favourite novel, which is very much about duty. As to all those quotations yesterday, I was surprised to see no-one mentioned Coleridge''s famous poem about the Canaries:"In Carrow Road did Norwich fansA stately football ground decree,Where Hucks, the sacred winger, ranThrough tackles numberless to man,Down to a penalty."[/quote]So ninety yards of fertile ground

With extra seats were girdled round:

And there were old farts wrapped in yellow scarves,Eating packed lunches in the N&P,

And Holiday Inns modern as the day,

enfolded spots of Delia''s Brasserie.
[/quote][Y][:D][Y]

Rise like Canaries after slumber

In unvanquishable number

Shake feathers to earth, like dew

Which during Match of the Day hath fallen on you

Ye are many, the Binners are Few

(sorry Chops and Purple, but I always preferred Shelley to Coleridge)

"I love you David McNally - the saviour of Norwich City Football Club xxxxx"

- I am going to be one of the first to say it, but I think we will be throughly sick of him come the end of the season judging by some of the things that are starting to leak out of Carrow Road in recent weeks.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]"I love you David McNally - the saviour of Norwich City Football Club xxxxx"

- I am going to be one of the first to say it, but I think we will be throughly sick of him come the end of the season judging by some of the things that are starting to leak out of Carrow Road in recent weeks.[/quote]

Not sure about that but the Fulham fans called him McNumpty for a reason .... the adulation here does seem very odd. He dumped Fulham like a hot potato when he thought he was off to the Arse, so loyalty is not a priority one suspects

He''ll drive prices up and cut staff to the bone. If thats what you all want, you''ve got your man

Enjoy

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]"I love you David McNally - the saviour of Norwich City Football Club xxxxx" - I am going to be one of the first to say it, but I think we will be throughly sick of him come the end of the season judging by some of the things that are starting to leak out of Carrow Road in recent weeks.[/quote]

Oh i see, you''d like us to go back to the comical days of having Doomcaster in charge. So what if we have to pay a quid to get into the open day, so what if those that are silly enough to pay for the overpriced food and drink at the ground have to pay another 25p for the previlage.

David McNally is doing what every good cheif excutive is doing during difficult economic times, getting people to work harder for their salary and getting value for money for his organisation. Perhaps we should just be run like Palace or Pompey?

You forget that McNally got Lambert his job and we are no longer seen as pushovers in the transfer market.

David McNally is the best thing that happened to this football club in a very long time and i for one am very happy to have him here as our CEO

[quote user="BA"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]"I love you David McNally - the saviour of Norwich City Football Club xxxxx"

- I am going to be one of the first to say it, but I think we will be throughly sick of him come the end of the season judging by some of the things that are starting to leak out of Carrow Road in recent weeks.[/quote]

Not sure about that but the Fulham fans called him McNumpty for a reason .... the adulation here does seem very odd. He dumped Fulham like a hot potato when he thought he was off to the Arse, so loyalty is not a priority one suspects

He''ll drive prices up and cut staff to the bone. If thats what you all want, you''ve got your man

Enjoy[/quote]What I want is a football club run like a business, not like some family Punch and Judy show on the seafront in Margate.  I think McNally can deliver that, or at least can deliver more of that than Doomcaster ever could.We need to reduce our enormous debt and stop wasting money, and if McNally and co can do that then good on them.

Sideshowtim, you seem to have turned a very simple statement into a load of stuff that I did not say.

I am only putting the idea accross that he may not be the champion that many of the fans think he is.

If things dont go well on the field this season fans will quickly become bored of him and his ways.

I too thought he was the greatest thing since Mike Walker - but I am starting to hear more and more things that I dont like, which may or may not make it into the open before to long.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Sideshowtim, you seem to have turned a very simple statement into a load of stuff that I did not say.

I am only putting the idea accross that he may not be the champion that many of the fans think he is.

If things dont go well on the field this season fans will quickly become bored of him and his ways.

I too thought he was the greatest thing since Mike Walker - but I am starting to hear more and more things that I dont like, which may or may not make it into the open before to long.[/quote]Why don''t you put them "in the open" if you''ve heard them?

[quote user="The Butler"]

Chops there are times you a priceless[:D]

(and other times not worth a light)[;)]

[/quote]My quality controller is a tough man, but he''s often off sick with a bad back so I''m afraid it''s 50/50.Perhaps this year''s panto will be a full version of Xanadu.  Or Beowulf.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]"I love you David McNally - the saviour of Norwich City Football Club xxxxx" - I am going to be one of the first to say it, but I think we will be throughly sick of him come the end of the season judging by some of the things that are starting to leak out of Carrow Road in recent weeks.[/quote] Not sure about that but the Fulham fans called him McNumpty for a reason .... the adulation here does seem very odd. He dumped Fulham like a hot potato when he thought he was off to the Arse, so loyalty is not a priority one suspects He''ll drive prices up and cut staff to the bone. If thats what you all want, you''ve got your man Enjoy[/quote]

No mention of the team, manager, or the footy in general there.  What a surprise.....

Way too early to tell whether McNally (and Bowkett) are going to be good[Y] or bad[N] for Norwich City. But there is already one certainty. Justifying prices rises on the basis that they will reduce queues is a more hilariously blatant bit of spin[;)] than anything Doncaster dreamed up. If there was any justice there would be a prize[^] for which it would be eligible.

The Chief Exec and the new Chairman are fortunate in the fact that the crowds were healthy, well before they arrived on the scene....It might have been a different kettle of fish if we were only attracting 12 to 15,000 and that they had to also address and boost and increase a flagging fan-base; as well as the floundering finances and the other NCFC business problems.

We do have to be cruel to be kind to drag ourselves out of the morbid money mire that we''ve been drawn into, and I think that the large majority of the support do accept the cut and thrust way that the CE and Mr Bowkett have gone about their business - and that the price increases are a necessary and ruthless requirement, if we want to create a stable platform for the future of the club.

But the board must also accept that Norfolk isn''t a high wage earning County - and that the tolerant and unwavering fans loyalty with their disposable income, will at some stage reach a point where something has gotta give.....Will it be their loyalty or their disposable income....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Chief Exec and the new Chairman are fortunate in the fact that the crowds were healthy, well before they arrived on the scene....It might have been a different kettle of fish if we were only attracting 12 to 15,000 and that they had to also address and boost and increase a flagging fan-base; as well as the floundering finances and the other NCFC business problems.

We do have to be cruel to be kind to drag ourselves out of the morbid money mire that we''ve been drawn into, and I think that the large majority of the support do accept the cut and thrust way that the CE and Mr Bowkett have gone about their business - and that the price increases are a necessary and ruthless requirement, if we want to create a stable platform for the future of the club.

But the board must also accept that Norfolk isn''t a high wage earning County - and that the tolerant and unwavering fans loyalty with their disposable income, will at some stage reach a point where something has gotta give.....Will it be their loyalty or their disposable income....

[/quote]That is the first post of yours I have ever read and agreed with!