Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Robert Green

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]"GREENO! YOU''RE A CLUMSY KEEPER AND COST US THE WORLD CUP!" [/quote]

and heskey missing the 1 on 1 wasn''t costing you the WC?

[/quote]

"AND HESKEY WAS USELESS AS WELL!"

"AND ROONEY WAS KNACKERED BECAUSE HE SMOKES CIGGIES!"

[/quote]

therefore greeno did not cost you the WC!

[/quote]

Oh yes he did.....and Ruddy cost us the friendly game against Everton because he copied Greeno.....

[/quote]

but if heskey did his job then you would have won 2-1 and everyone would have forgotten about the greeno mistake...?

[/quote]

What mistake?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]"GREENO! YOU''RE A CLUMSY KEEPER AND COST US THE WORLD CUP!" [/quote]

and heskey missing the 1 on 1 wasn''t costing you the WC?

[/quote]

"AND HESKEY WAS USELESS AS WELL!"

"AND ROONEY WAS KNACKERED BECAUSE HE SMOKES CIGGIES!"

[/quote]

therefore greeno did not cost you the WC!

[/quote]

Oh yes he did.....and Ruddy cost us the friendly game against Everton because he copied Greeno.....

[/quote]

but if heskey did his job then you would have won 2-1 and everyone would have forgotten about the greeno mistake...?

[/quote]

What mistake?

[/quote]

Heskey! he missed a sitter for ya''

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Your as bad as the reff for the engalnd germany game  - you didn''t see anything.[/quote]

See what?

Greeno is a legend, and for him to be given anything less than a standing ovation upon a return here would be an absolute crime. Yes, he moved on to West Ham but it''s not like he moved straight away. He at least gave the club a chance to get back on it''s feet and regain Premiership status, but when it became evidently clear that this wouldn''t be the case, he did what any sane person would do and secured his future elsewhere. I hope he doesn''t get boo''ed much at other grounds this season, but then again he''s not the type of player to let it get to him. If anything, he''s the type to give the fans a cheeky point to his ear as if to say "Pardon?" Actually, this reminds me of something. The summer of our promotion, he played in Martin Keown''s testimonial. Arsenal won a somewhat generous penalty (Fair enough, testimonial and all that), so Keown, man of the moment, steps up...and Greeno saves it, because he''s ace. Not only that, but with the Arsenal fans'' inevitable jeers, he simply raises his hand to say "fair enough" and carries on with a smile. Excellent stuff. If he gets a frosty reception this season, balls to them, because apart from that mistake he didn''t have the worst of games. If we actually got our act together in attack and didn''t rely too much on Rooney (which I called before the competition even started) then maybe we wouldn''t be the drizzling sh**s against the likes of the mighty Algeria.

when we played ippy was the best. the ippy fans were doing the ''wooooooo'' before a goal kick and he ran up to the ball and then picked it up and replaced it - quality!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]when we played ippy was the best. the ippy fans were doing the ''wooooooo'' before a goal kick and he ran up to the ball and then picked it up and replaced it - quality![/quote]ippy? now come on Nana it`s  Scum or Inbreds or Binmen or those wankers from down the road

Word of advice, ''Nana... IBA is a troll, don''t bother... oh, and Mello Yello is the Pinkun''s very own Ricky Gervais - in awe of his own comic ability...

I wouldn''t boo him.  He was good for us, we were good for him, he moved on.

Exactly!

In the end he clearly didn''t want to play for us and was capable of better than 2nd Division football. He was good but not that great, so the move was good for the club as well!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Word of advice, ''Nana... IBA is a troll, don''t bother... oh, and Mello Yello is the Pinkun''s very own Ricky Gervais - in awe of his own comic ability...
[/quote]

No, I''m not at all in awe of my own comic ability.... 

You''re just making that up....because of your lack of humour disability.... 

If the Nana was to take any supposedly mature and influential advice from a droll dullard like you, he''d only end up being a miserable mortuary attendant''s apprentice.....and let''s face it - you''re far too miserable and morose to be a mortuary attendant.

Forster played against Division 3 for us, so claiming he''s better than Green is silly. See how he does this year and then maybe.

England didn''t lose the World Cup because of the tie vs the US. It was the hammering by Germany that put you out, and Green was not in goal for that one.

Anyone who blames Green for losing the World Cup is ignorant beyond belief regarding football and how the WC contest works.

[quote user="Superflash"]Greeno is a legend, and for him to be given anything less than a standing ovation upon a return here would be an absolute crime. Yes, he moved on to West Ham but it''s not like he moved straight away. He at least gave the club a chance to get back on it''s feet and regain Premiership status, but when it became evidently clear that this wouldn''t be the case, he did what any sane person would do and secured his future elsewhere. I hope he doesn''t get boo''ed much at other grounds this season, but then again he''s not the type of player to let it get to him. If anything, he''s the type to give the fans a cheeky point to his ear as if to say "Pardon?" Actually, this reminds me of something. The summer of our promotion, he played in Martin Keown''s testimonial. Arsenal won a somewhat generous penalty (Fair enough, testimonial and all that), so Keown, man of the moment, steps up...and Greeno saves it, because he''s ace. Not only that, but with the Arsenal fans'' inevitable jeers, he simply raises his hand to say "fair enough" and carries on with a smile. Excellent stuff. If he gets a frosty reception this season, balls to them, because apart from that mistake he didn''t have the worst of games. If we actually got our act together in attack and didn''t rely too much on Rooney (which I called before the competition even started) then maybe we wouldn''t be the drizzling sh**s against the likes of the mighty Algeria.

[/quote]Spot on Superflash. Norwich legend. Would get a standing ovation if he played at CR again. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]what a load of rubbish!Green made 1 mistake in a game England didnt even lose.... that says it all.[/quote]

I don''t think anybody is focusing just upon the mistake in the England v USA game so it''s silly to suggest that. I have watched Green play many times. he''s a good, reactive, shot-stopper but IMO has poor positional sense, looks far from solid and never looks in full command of the 6 yard box. IMO he lacks height and confidence and although a good goalkeeper he''s a long way from being of truly international class which is why he has never been able to make the England jersey his own. And, yes, I do rate Forster more highly than Green.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="IBA"]I'' wouldn''t boo him, I''d be thrilled he was playing. Never ever rated him. Would take Forster over Green every time. Blame him for the US goal....yes Blame him for the World Cup....in part yes[/quote]

would you blame heskey for missing a 1 on 1 us USA which would have given you a 2-1 lead? that is the same as a keeper making a mistake!

[/quote]

Maybe if it was an open goal, but Green''s save was far more routine than a 1 on 1 for heskey.

[quote user="Bogbrush"] I am always amused by the Murray supporters on here who so readily forgot his rabid anti-england antics.[/quote]IDIOT!!!! I can''t believe I''m having to do this again.What rabid anti-England antics are these, pray tell? And I''m looking for PICTURE PROOF or at least an article that backs up your statement.