Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its Official, Russell IS now the enemy!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

If I was in russell''s shoes: if I liked playing for Norwich I would stay if I didn''t I would go. Although he would be paid more there, there can''t be much in it

[quote user="nevermind"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

If I was in russell''s shoes: if I liked playing for Norwich I would stay if I didn''t I would go. Although he would be paid more there, there can''t be much in it[/quote]He was offered a contract by us, thought he could do better, then when he found that he couldn''t he came back to Lambert, to be told it was no longer an offer as we had bought new midfielders rather than wait for him to make up his mind.So if he wanted to stay all he had to do was accept the contract.

[quote user="nevermind"]exactly, so clearly he wanted to be somewhere else[/quote]Or tried to play hardball with Lambert and Macnally over contract length or wages.Silly boy.[:)]

i would even suspect that pne''s offer would be lower than he was getting from us last season, which is why he waited until the season is due to start in case a better offer came in from another club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]exactly, so clearly he wanted to be somewhere else[/quote]

Or tried to play hardball with Lambert and Macnally over contract length or wages.

Silly boy.

[:)]
[/quote]

lol I would have handed his this

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]exactly, so clearly he wanted to be somewhere else[/quote]

Or tried to play hardball with Lambert and Macnally over contract length or wages.

Silly boy.

[:)]
[/quote]

lol I would have handed him this

[/quote]

Last season people thought that rusty was very good, well i did. He then wanted more money, which is understandable as thats all football is about now. But to call him the enemy because he is now at preston thats poor. Oh well he wont be playing against us there are 6 games between now and then and we all know he will get booked in 5 of them 6 games [y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.[/quote]

And why should we knock him for that, in 4 or 5 years time he''ll be looking for an entirely new career.
[/quote]It depends on how he spends his money and how much eh gets of it.

5k a week?

260k a year over 10 years? 2.6 million if spent wiseley will last a life time.

Working in Manchester I chose to reside in Preston in the mid-80''s - loved the people, hated the scruffy streets! (and I lived in one of the more modern suburbs).

Returning home to Norwich always hit me hard; being greeted by roundabouts nicely tended with colourful flowers was such a difference from the North West with pot-holes in the roads and chip papers blowing up the paths.

I''ve never taken beautiful Norfolk for granted since then.

At that time Deepdale had wooden railway sleepers as terracing too; it was nothing like CR that''s for sure. Mind you, PNE do have a lot of history - but it''s from a long way back.

Hope Darel does well there - but there''s little doubt he''ll move away as soon as his time is up. Mind you, living in Stoke can''t have been too great either - so maybe Preston is OK to him?

He''s a lucky man in my opinion. Not many players outside of the Premiership would get a 3 year contract at his age. I would imagine Lambert only offered him a couple of years on his new contract hence why he went elsewhere.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

September the 18th is going to be lively.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2110480,00.html

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Had he have been a mercenary foreigner who had just been passing

through and joined them after playing for us for a couple of years, who

could partially understand it, but Marshall was with Norwich from the

age of 10 and came up through the ranks and would have known all about

the rivalry, there were other clubs he could of joined besides them.

Will Tottenham fans ever forgive Sol Canpbell for joining Arsenal......I somehow doubt it

[/quote]Seriously, how old are you?

He needed employment, would you have paid for him to sit on the dole, just to keep your silly pride intact?

Jeez.

[/quote]So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?[/quote]I''m quite interested in Wiz''s justification there...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Had he have been a mercenary foreigner who had just been passing through and joined them after playing for us for a couple of years, who could partially understand it, but Marshall was with Norwich from the age of 10 and came up through the ranks and would have known all about the rivalry, there were other clubs he could of joined besides them.

Will Tottenham fans ever forgive Sol Canpbell for joining Arsenal......I somehow doubt it

He needed employment, would you have paid for him to sit on the dole, just to keep your silly pride intact?

Jeez.

[/quote]

So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.

You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?

[/quote]Trust me, by the end of September you''ll hate his guts.

[quote user="thirdlion"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Had he have been a mercenary foreigner who had just been passing through and joined them after playing for us for a couple of years, who could partially understand it, but Marshall was with Norwich from the age of 10 and came up through the ranks and would have known all about the rivalry, there were other clubs he could of joined besides them.

Jeez.

[/quote]

So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.

You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?

[/quote]

I''m quite interested in Wiz''s justification there...
[/quote]Ask me again after he''s nobbled one of our strikers.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="thirdlion"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Jeez.

[/quote]So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?[/quote]I''m quite interested in Wiz''s justification there...[/quote]Ask me again after he''s nobbled one of our strikers.[/quote]No, that''s fine.  I''m happy with your explanation that Darel Russell''s the enemy because of something he hasn''t done yet and might never do, but Andy Marshall is not to be disliked for something he definitely did. [Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Its Official, Wizard now needs an enema!

....It''s the only way to stop him postin'' poop!

[/quote]

He''s got to keep posting, Nana is coming up on the rails and could soon have that top spot off Wiz !!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

He''s got to keep posting, Nana is coming up on the rails and could soon have that top spot off Wiz !!!

[/quote]Actually my mate WAY has top spot by a thousand post, not that she counts them.

While its a shame how Russells hanging about for something better (that didn''t materialise) set the wheels in motion for his departure from our club that he served well, my only aim against Preston is to beat them. That fact Russells playing for them will be interesting but nowt else!

Official - Of or relating to an office or a post of authority (Concise Oxford English Dictionary)

Sorry Wiz - you''re not an official so you cannot make official announcements.

Morty probably has acted in an official capacity at some time in his life and I am therefore prepared to accept his official judgement that you are a cock

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Wiz, you''re a cock.There, I said it.[/quote]Feel better now do we?[/quote]Yes, it may be stating the obvious but it was cathartic in a strange way.[:)]

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Official - Of or relating to an office or a post of authority (Concise Oxford English Dictionary)

Morty probably has acted in an official capacity at some time in his life and I am therefore prepared to accept his official judgement that you are a cock

[/quote] [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote] [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG][/quote]These smileys are pretty much the AIDS of the internet.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Actually my mate WAY has top spot by a thousand post, not that she counts them.[/quote]

I do indeed mate, and I don''t count them because it''s stupid to do so.  There are two of us using one account though [;)]