Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its Official, Russell IS now the enemy!

Oh the drama.Last time I checked I don''t think we have an ongoing grudge against Preston.

In Wiz''s way of thinking - surely every other team has one of our ex-players running out for them, so what exactly is his point?

Maybe this is just Wiz''s way of saying the rumour is now official :)

On another note, the preston fans are split on whether he''s the type of player they need. Personally, with all the commotion about him wanting a bigger club and a bigger contract before extending his stay with us, best of luck to him after signing for a team that struggled last year...

I''ve rounded up a few virgins, dressed them up in rasta wigs and sacrificed them. That will learn the judas b@stard.

I would put people who get their knickers twisty about this as likely candidates to boo Russell.

On one hand I am dissapointed, I thought he adapted to his new role really well last year & was superb on Colchester''s bog in their new lego set.

His decision has been pretty much made up since last summer, however, and I don''t know anybody who expcted him to stay here beyond the end of the season.

The grass isn''t always greener though, especially when that grass is Preston. Trust me, I lived there for three years.

All this doesn''t make him an enemy though.

He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Its Official, Russell IS now the enemy!

September the 18th is going to be lively.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2110480,00.html

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Had he have been a mercenary foreigner who had just been passing

through and joined them after playing for us for a couple of years, who

could partially understand it, but Marshall was with Norwich from the

age of 10 and came up through the ranks and would have known all about

the rivalry, there were other clubs he could of joined besides them.

Will Tottenham fans ever forgive Sol Canpbell for joining Arsenal......I somehow doubt it

[/quote]Seriously, how old are you?

He needed employment, would you have paid for him to sit on the dole, just to keep your silly pride intact?

Jeez.

[/quote]So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?

[quote user="Larry David"]He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.[/quote]And why should we knock him for that, in 4 or 5 years time he''ll be looking for an entirely new career.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.[/quote]And why should we knock him for that, in 4 or 5 years time he''ll be looking for an entirely new career.[/quote]agreed. if my career ended at 35 i''d want as much money as i could get to live comfortably off.like it or not if someones willing to pay the money then why not take it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.[/quote]And why should we knock him for that, in 4 or 5 years time he''ll be looking for an entirely new career.[/quote]agreed. if my career ended at 35 i''d want as much money as i could get to live comfortably off.like it or not if someones willing to pay the money then why not take it?

[/quote]At the end of the day, its a job. A job that you do to put bread on the table.Like if you were working for a company, and another company came along and offered you a better contract or more pay, chances are you''d take it.Carp on all you like about loyalty, but loyalty won''t buy you beans.

I wish him good luck, I''d rather he was still here but these things happen.

He did a great job for us last season and I''m sure he''d have done better for us in the Championship had he not been mucked around by previous management.

I look forward to seeing him at Carrow Road later in the season, as long as he''s on the losing side.

[quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.

It''s also interesting to see how he''s getting a bit of criticism for leaving following promotion.

Last year David Marshall and Lee Croft were criticised for leaving after relegation, yet Sammy Clingan was pretty much seemingly exempt from this.

Is there ever a good/fair time to leave Norwich City? Or does it just depend on the fans perception of you? Different rules, double standards.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]who said anything about him getting more money at Preston?[/quote]I''ll bet he wasn''t offered a 3 year contract by us.

[quote user="Larry David"]He''s got what he wanted - a 3 year contract with a signing on fee. I believe Rusty is only in the game for as much money as he can get.[/quote]As opposed to us working jobs out of sheer love for our employer.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

If I was in russell''s shoes: if I liked playing for Norwich I would stay if I didn''t I would go. Although he would be paid more there, there can''t be much in it

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

If I was in russell''s shoes: if I liked playing for Norwich I would stay if I didn''t I would go. Although he would be paid more there, there can''t be much in it