Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Bloody News of the World

Leeds are too "big" for the championshipp yet have spent the last 4 years in the 3rd division... small time team with small time support who havent won anything in years.... time they got over themselves

NOTW is written for the masses and for people who don''t want to have to think or readjust. I was disappointed to read the stuff on Leeds as I know the guys and the reporters and I know they know better... However they have to go with what joe bloggs thinks as they don''t have a clue... Leeds (like it or not) are the story... Leeds are on the way up... the once huge team has started to rise again... It''s a big (but boring to the likes of us) story. I was more disappointed about Greg Gobere''s report on the Norwich game... Again I understand he has to go Everton heavy... I just thought he didn''t give a true reflection of the match... He''s their Championship reporter as well so should know a little better. But the above applies I guess. Very few of the nationals cover the Championship and Lower leagues like the used to and I think that''s a real shame.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]It was more an interview with Adam Drury ''''the only member of the current squad that played for Norwich whilst in the Premiership''''[/quote]

and how many players are still at Leeds from their Premiership days?

[quote user="The Chirp"]NOTW is written for the masses and for people who don''t want to have to think or readjust. I was disappointed to read the stuff on Leeds as I know the guys and the reporters and I know they know better... However they have to go with what joe bloggs thinks as they don''t have a clue... Leeds (like it or not) are the story... Leeds are on the way up... the once huge team has started to rise again... It''s a big (but boring to the likes of us) story. I was more disappointed about Greg Gobere''s report on the Norwich game... Again I understand he has to go Everton heavy... I just thought he didn''t give a true reflection of the match... He''s their Championship reporter as well so should know a little better. But the above applies I guess. Very few of the nationals cover the Championship and Lower leagues like the used to and I think that''s a real shame.[/quote]Why does he have to go Everton heavy, can`t they just tell it how it is. I can understand bias from local media but not nationals and any true scouser wouldn`t read it anyway as murdoch doesn`t sell to many papers in Liverpool

An interesting comparitive assessment of Leeds and Norwich here:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=8540&title=season_preview_-_portsmouth%2C_burnley%2C_hull_city%2C_leeds_united%2C_millwall%2C_norwich_city

Think a few people on here need to get over the whole Leeds thing

OK we are Champions of League 1 but they are the big story.  Why?  Because its only a few years ago they were in the semis of the Champions League and their fall from grace was even harder than ours.  Dont forget we''re dealing with Murdoch here - the same that owns Sky who in turn are the inventors of the Premier League monster.  Leeds were a big part of that not very long ago - Norwich have only been an occasional member of the Premier League.  We''d have been a big story had our European run etc been six years ago, not sixteen.  Instead we''re (to most of the country) a Championship club thats found its way back to the Championship.  Is that big news?  Would you want to read a 2 page spread next year on Sheffield Wednesday?  An honest answer is likely to be No

I love to read about Norwich in every paper - but to be honest Im quite happy that the media (and the country) take little notice of us.  Hopefully that way we can slip under peoples radars until we''re top of the league

i read the sunday edition of "football first" as it only reports from the football league, nothing about premiership at all , so each team gets a decent coverage with a stats page for each division as well.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

OK we are Champions of League 1 but they are the big story.  Why?  Because its only a few years ago they were in the semis of the Champions League and their fall from grace was even harder than ours.  Dont forget we''re dealing with Murdoch here - the same that owns Sky who in turn are the inventors of the Premier League monster.  Leeds were a big part of that not very long ago - Norwich have only been an occasional member of the Premier League.  We''d have been a big story had our European run etc been six years ago, not sixteen.  Instead we''re (to most of the country) a Championship club thats found its way back to the Championship.  Is that big news?  Would you want to read a 2 page spread next year on Sheffield Wednesday?  An honest answer is likely to be No

I love to read about Norwich in every paper - but to be honest Im quite happy that the media (and the country) take little notice of us.  Hopefully that way we can slip under peoples radars until we''re top of the league

[/quote]*warning* most useless comment of the thread.I have to say I agree with most of this, the papers love a story of a club that was once competing with the finest in Europe only a few years ago, collapsing only to try and rebuild, if it works they can say I told you so, if not they critise them, do you really want to be reading that about us?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]Personally, I love the fact that us winning League 1 was such a "non-story". It shows that the media still think of us as a big club, and that coming straight back to the Championship was simply what was expected. How much more embarrassing would a "brave little Norwich" type story have been?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]An interesting comparitive assessment of Leeds and Norwich here:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=8540&title=season_preview_-_portsmouth%2C_burnley%2C_hull_city%2C_leeds_united%2C_millwall%2C_norwich_city[/quote]Stopped reading when they said Holt failed in the championship with Forest.