Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Bloody News of the World

Preview of new football league season in today''s News of the World.

We have a tiny piece of about 2 paragraphs but poxy Leeds have a 2 page spread stating that they are too big for the Championship and deserve to be a Premier League side.

Typical. But then we''ll still have the last laugh I reckon, I can''t see them finishing any higher than mid-table. And by mid-table I mean a spectacularly mediocre finish, like 14th or something.

Same thing last season, it`s was all about Dirty Leeds, we didn`t really get a mention until we had won the league.Even local tv news puts us down the pecking order

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Preview of new football league season in today''s News of the World.

We have a tiny piece of about 2 paragraphs but poxy Leeds have a 2 page spread stating that they are too big for the Championship and deserve to be a Premier League side.[/quote]Well we did sue them I dont expect to hear much positive about us in that rag from now on.

Leeds may well have a lot of history but they are where they deserve to be and no team has a divine right to be in the prem,  the only player they have signed that I would have had is Billy Paynter and he''s as much of a gamble for them as Jackson is for us. Mid table at best imo.

Just like you getting all the coverage in League 1, but I doubt you moaned about that when Peterborough and ourselves were in the Championship.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Preview of new football league season in today''s News of the World. We have a tiny piece of about 2 paragraphs but poxy Leeds have a 2 page spread stating that they are too big for the Championship and deserve to be a Premier League side.[/quote]

It''s the NOTW lol 1 - what do you expect?  2- the less we have to do with that rag that I wouldn''t wipe my worst enemies backside on the better [:D]

There expectations are sky high, and they will not reach them. We on the other hand will have very little expectation (from the media) and do much better.

[quote user="DraytonBoy"]Leeds are the biggest club in the Championship so what do you expect.[/quote]

Middlesborough are actually they have 14 letters [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="DraytonBoy"]Leeds are the biggest club in the Championship so what do you expect.[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Bananananana, MiddlesBRough only has 13 letters![8-|]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Actually Bananananana, MiddlesBRough only has 13 letters![8-|]

[/quote]

oops. but it now looks like Banananananana is longer - woo im the longest thing in the championship [y]

it didn''t really say abything about our chances dogger. It was more an interview with Adam Drury ''''the only member of the current squad that played for Norwich whilst in the Premiership''''

There was a little piece in the pull out that Bristol City were their outside tips to win the Championship

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]After we sued them, does anyone really think they do us any favours?  [/quote]The libel action may have been a big deal for Norwich City but it was a commonplace event for the News of the World, and certainly not important enough for the paper to start holding a grudge.And IF the paper was going to take it out on anybody it would be its own idiot reporter who wrote the defamatory story.

Why are you surprised!

We''ve always been largely shunned by the National media apart from the UEFA cup run which they treated us like a non League club getting to the 3rd round of the FA cup!!

Last season it was as if we wern''t in League 1 since it was all about Leeds. Even now the fact we won that Division by 9 clear points (and even then it should of been more if we''d of been interested in playing football against Carlisle on the last day!) has been overlooked!

If Leeds had won League 1 by 9 clear points, Alan Green and his crooines at radio 5 would have had an orgy celebrating!

Members of the public who don''t follow the stats to hard still think that we''re a little club with a small support, but who cares, facts are what count not urban myth!

The one thing that niggles me about last season and the media was that it must be a record that the team who ''walked'' the league did not have one live league game at home.

Most sensible Leeds fans recognise that we are where we are for a reason and that it could be many years before we get back to the dizzy heights of the Champions League. Things are looking up and the summer signings are okay but having a chairman like Bates always makes you suspicious that at anytime we could be back in League 1 or worse.

[quote user="First Wizard"]To be fair, Leeds fans aren''t over reacting on Waccoe....................yet.[/quote]

but when you log on there... [;)]

[quote user="DraytonBoy"]Most sensible Leeds fans recognise that we are where we are for a reason and that it could be many years before we get back to the dizzy heights of the Champions League. Things are looking up and the summer signings are okay but having a chairman like Bates always makes you suspicious that at anytime we could be back in League 1 or worse.[/quote]

there are 5 sensible leeds fans

of which 3 are the ''most sensible''.

Like any team in the divison there in they are there for a reason like Liverpool not in the champions league as they wernt good enougth Sheffield wednesday in league 1 wernt good enougth for the championship basicly history means nothing as history ..well it is history

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]it didn''t really say abything about our chances dogger. It was more an interview with Adam Drury ''''the only member of the current squad that played for Norwich whilst in the Premiership'''' There was a little piece in the pull out that Bristol City were their outside tips to win the Championship[/quote]

And how many of the leeds squad are from their hay day then?

Well, according to them (it was them, wasn''t it?) we should no longer exist...

So frankly, what they think is irrelevant drivel.

Leeds are scum, hope they go out of business, the way the big hard fans pick on women and children make me sick.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Preview of new football league season in today''s News of the World.

We have a tiny piece of about 2 paragraphs but poxy Leeds have a 2 page spread stating that they are too big for the Championship and deserve to be a Premier League side.[/quote]Serves you right for reading such a load of dross