Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Andy Marshall

[quote user="First Wizard"]What a weird logic you have Mr C.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dizzy.gif[/img][/quote]Right back atcha![quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote

user="thirdlion"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Its Official, Russell IS now the enemy!

September the 18th is going to be lively.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2110480,00.html

[/quote]

Earlier, from a thread about Andy Marshall....[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Had he have been a mercenary foreigner who had just been passing

through and joined them after playing for us for a couple of years, who

could partially understand it, but Marshall was with Norwich from the

age of 10 and came up through the ranks and would have known all about

the rivalry, there were other clubs he could of joined besides them.

Will Tottenham fans ever forgive Sol Canpbell for joining Arsenal......I somehow doubt it

[/quote]Seriously, how old are you?

He needed employment, would you have paid for him to sit on the dole, just to keep your silly pride intact?

Jeez.

[/quote]So Russell is the "enemy" for moving to Preston North End, but Andy Marshall (a NCFC youth product who joined Ipswich Town) is not the enemy.You can see why we get confused from time to time, I hope?[/quote]I''m quite interested in Wiz''s justification there...[/quote]Ask me again after he''s nobbled one of our strikers.[/quote]No,

that''s fine.  I''m happy with your explanation that Darel Russell''s the

enemy because of something he hasn''t done yet and might never do, but

Andy Marshall is not to be disliked for something he definitely did. [Y][/quote]

I personally have very little against Marshall.

He played very well over 7 or 8 years at Norwich and took over a difficult mantle from Bryan Gunn to become another established goalkeeper at Norwich.

When he left (albeit to our ''neighbours'') we had Robert Green who was arguably a better goalkeeper. Marshall''s departure enabled Green''s development as Number 1.

Yes he went to the scum, but he wasn''t a regular there for long and I am sure most would affiliate him with us rather than ''them.'' Personally, I would be delighted to see him return as goalkeeping coach or something in the future, as he seems to have the respect of his fellow pro''s

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]What a weird logic you have Mr C.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dizzy.gif[/img][/quote]

Right back atcha!

[/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/ten-on-ten.gif[/IMG]

To be honest I cannot give a shiny sh ite about Andy Marshall!

It did annoy me all the sh ite he used to get at Carrow Road because it always seemed to inspire him to play out of his skin - I wish some of the numpties doing the booing could see this and therefore stop!

I''ve found in life the best way to hurt someone is to ignore them!

andy marshall should hang his head in shame...theres a few rivalries where players should never join the other. rangers/celtic, liverpool/everton etc. You cannot tell me there wasn''t another team he could of joined and kept the respect of the norwich faithful? Cant wait till friday. Come on the Norwich!!

I really couldn`t give a toss about Marshall. It annoyed me at the time but it was ages ago and a lot of water has flowed under Carrow Bridge since then.Holding grudges eats you up inside

Andy Marshall was my JFK moment. The Cottage pub, Colehill Lane SW6, came on for an injured Bryan Gunn against Notts Forest, I think, 1994?

Not offensive, just misguided and the more we make of it, the more parochial we look.

If a player has been a decent servant to the club;

I can just about forgive that player for not signing a contract having come through our youth ranks depriving us of a transfer fee because they are a greedy git.

I can just about forgive that player for joining Ipswich to further their career.

BUT I cannot forgive a player that does both...