Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Pre match music ( money related )

For those so incensed by the £31 charge to watch the opening game of the season ( [;)] should the pre match music be money related if so what tunes should be played?

Here a few to start off

Money, Money, Money            -Abba

Dirty Cash                                -Adventures of Stevie V

Stand and deliver                      -Adam and the Ants

Moneys to tight to mention        - Simply Red

Any more?

I suppose they could raffle the music.  Pay £2 a ticket and each home game the winner gets to choose it.  Could also be disastrous depending on the winner of course.  Or how about a giant voting juke box, £1 a go, 50 choices on there, the most £1''s for the song gets it. 

Mony Mony - Tommy James and the Shandelleshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVig64dyD-8(as in moany, not money)

ps crackin'' song, can still hear it playing in the Barclay before the game

City 1st. MONY is not a reference to money but to a sign Tommy James saw out the window when writing the song, or so he says. The ad was for an insurance company called Mutual Of New York, or M.O.N.Y.

I think it was the Bay City Rollers who did a song about money with the line "buy what you can see and just see what you can get".

The Beatles "Can''t Buy Me Love" (or promotion to the Prem?).

"City 1st. MONY is not a reference to money "I know, that''s why I said so in my post

Stand and Deliver seems pretty appropriate actually. Or this song, can''t remember who it''s by.

"The best things in life are free. But you can keep them for the birds and bees, I want MONEY. That''s what I want! MONEY!"

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Stand and Deliver seems pretty appropriate actually. Or this song, can''t remember who it''s by.

"The best things in life are free. But you can keep them for the birds and bees, I want MONEY. That''s what I want! MONEY!"[/quote]Lots of groups have done it, prob The Beatles best known, but The Flying Lizards'' version the most appropriate.

Jim Reeves "Distant Bums"

Shake rattle and Troll

Middle of the road "Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep"

Beatles "Money can''t buy me Love"

I know, that''s why I said so in my post

Oh, that makes sense you should add it to this list, then. Got any other songs not about money for this list of songs about money?

eh ?Houston, what are you drivelling on about ?The post was a gripe about a few tickets being priced at £31. In response I posted a song whose words sound like moanee, moanee (geddit)To help I even added a link to the song and further explained that it was NOT money, moneyPerhaps you have been over there too long - have you been abducted by aliens at any time or perhaps believe that Elvis isn''t really dead ?

Now you''ve explained your OP, how about some more songs that have nothing to do with money. Your link would have been a huge bother since it has to be typed out.

Elvis isn''t dead??

Speaking of money, anything by The Payolas!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Now you''ve explained your OP, how about some more songs that have nothing to do with money. Your link would have been a huge bother since it has to be typed out.

Elvis isn''t dead??

Speaking of money, anything by The Payolas!

.[/quote]I find copy & paste saves a lot of time.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Now you''ve explained your OP, how about some more songs that have nothing to do with money. Your link would have been a huge bother since it has to be typed out. Elvis isn''t dead?? Speaking of money, anything by The Payolas! .[/quote]

I find copy & paste saves a lot of time.

[/quote]

Then you are not an American wizz kid (are you?)[;)]

I''ve got a pocket full of pretty green,

I''m gonna spend it on the catering,

I gonna spend it on club shop,

Gonna fleece all the punters on our first match day.

was it the pet shop boys with Opportunities (lets make lots of money)? [:$]

Pink Floyd- Money

Gold digger- Kanye West