Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Rebel

John Ruddy Awful!!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

The mourning and lamenting over Forster needs to come to an end.

He isn''t coming back here, if he had have done, it would have been, at great expense, for one season only-and, with that in mind, after one error, the cries would have gone up "...we''ve spent a fortune on a one season loanee who makes mistakes, we''re stuck with him, surely it would have been cheaper to get our own keeper..." etc etc.

He would never have come here permanently, if Newcastle do decide to cash in, he''ll go to another Premiership club-even if that had''t materialised, and he stated that he wanted to come here, we wouldn''t have been able to pay the fee that they would have wanted, probably £3-£4 Million, and no, not at all unreasonable, up to £15 Million for Chris Smalling, remember?

Ruddy is here and if he performs well, he''s in the team-if he doesn''t, he''ll be out and Rudd in. For that reason, suspect Steer will go out on loan first, as Lambert will want to keep Ruddy on his toes for the first half of the season. But Forster has gone on, time to forget him and stop comparing him to everyone and everything.

[/quote]

Spot on as usual.

[/quote]

Agreed, far too sensible post for this Forum.

I too agree that Ruddy looks a mixed bag so far. I felt a little uneasy every time a cross went into the box at both the Newcastle and Everton games.....maybe nerves. Only time will tell, I watched Gunn make howlers over the years but he kept us in many many games with his stops.......I thought Fraser was one of the best keepers I''ve seen at Carrow Road in years, he was solid but he too made some slip ups......only time will tell

Hopefully that''s Ruddy''s one bad performance out of the way for the season - he certainly didn''t inspire me with confidence. One thing''s for sure, we don''t want to see 4 put past him on Friday.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]if this is the standard of "debate" we can look forward to over the season, I think I''ll avoid it even more.[/quote]In a recent study:* 53% of Pink''un posters were unable to differentiate your from you''re* 29% considered are interchangeable with our* 68% believed have and -''ve were infact spelt of

I''m pretty happy with Ruddy, goalkeepers need a few games to get the consistency going, as long as Lambert shows faith in him then his confidence will continue to build. Has a proven record in Scotland last year so all good.

[quote user="Rum Ol Boy"]I too agree that Ruddy looks a mixed bag so far. I felt a little uneasy every time a cross went into the box at both the Newcastle and Everton games.....maybe nerves. Only time will tell, I watched Gunn make howlers over the years but he kept us in many many games with his stops.......I thought Fraser was one of the best keepers I''ve seen at Carrow Road in years, he was solid but he too made some slip ups......only time will tell[/quote]

Really? He took all of his catches really well in the Everton game I thought. Admitedly I did not see the Newcastle game so I couldn''t comment. But name me one instance in the Everton game of him dropping a cross or flapping at something. He was pretty decisive I thought and you always knew whether he going to come for a cross or not.

Totally agree, GTFABM - I thought Ruddy showed great composure, command and decisiveness and always did what he had to do.

Other than that one howler for the goal, I can''t think of a single thing that made me feel iffy about him from either friendly.

The title of this thread reminded me of a headline I read in  (cough, cough) the Sun following Efan Ekoku''s hatrick in Norwich''s 3-0 win against Vitesse Arnhem back in 1993 - "Ekoku is Efan Brilliant"  -  (or maybe Efan was spelt ef''n) It could ony come from the Sun. A ''lol'' moment indeed. Hopefully John Ruddy''s performances this season will inspire headlines with similar sentiments to the Sun''s rather than those alluded to by the title of this thread.

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]need i say anymore after tonights performance?This guy will cost us a lot of points this season!!!I am now prepared for another torrent of abuse!!![/quote]

whilst not being great I don''t see how many goals he cost us.

Can you guys still defend Ruddy tonight after another woeful showing?This guy is second rate at best and i along with many thousands of others feel extremly nervous everytime the lad gets the ball!!!Go all out for FF or rudd needs game time asap!!!!

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Can you guys still defend Ruddy tonight after another woeful showing?This guy is second rate at best and i along with many thousands of others feel extremly nervous everytime the lad gets the ball!!!Go all out for FF or rudd needs game time asap!!!![/quote]

Yeah because had FF played he''d have bagged a hatrick whilst keeping a clean sheet and then in celebration would have jumped to the top of the Barclay!STOP WHINGING ABOUT FF AND SUPPORT RUDDY!

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Can you guys still defend Ruddy tonight after another woeful showing?This guy is second rate at best and i along with many thousands of others feel extremly nervous everytime the lad gets the ball!!!Go all out for FF or rudd needs game time asap!!!![/quote]

Yeah because had FF played he''d have bagged a hatrick whilst keeping a clean sheet and then in celebration would have jumped to the top of the Barclay!STOP WHINGING ABOUT FF AND SUPPORT RUDDY![/quote][Y]

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!!
[/quote]Here we go.[:(]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Hopefully that''s Ruddy''s one bad performance out of the way for the season - he certainly didn''t inspire me with confidence. One thing''s for sure, we don''t want to see 4 put past him on Friday.[/quote]

Thank heaven for small mercies - we didn''t see four put past him!

all 3 goals the defence were caught napping ok the 3rd john may have done better but nelson and whover it was going for the same ball now come on thats kids stuff! apart from the cross he dropped john didnt do alot wrong, he''s just nervous he will come good have some faith.Anyway we lost 7-1 last year and won the league so dont get why people are moaning so much, get over it!!