Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Rebel

John Ruddy Awful!!

[quote user="simo86"]i hope ypu swallow your own tounge and choke on it[/quote]Haha. As far as childish keyboard insults go, thats up there with the best of them! Bravo [Y]

F@<king hell has Ruddy murdered someone?

he may or may not be as good a FF but he`s ours. Yes he made a mistake for the first goal, hands up all of you who have never made a mistake.getting on his case is not going to help

[quote user="simo86"]i hope ypu swallow your own tounge and choke on it[/quote]Are you a bit special or what?

This is my favourite thread this year by a mile.

One mistake in a friendly, similar to one made by England''s No.1 (at the time) in the World Cup and we are DOOMED!!! Really??

Come on guys a little bit of reality please.

Ruddy had proved himself a decent keeper before today''s howler, his form over a few seasons got him a move to a top 6 Premiership side as a prospect for the future. His loan spell in the SPL gained him recognition as the best keeper in the SPL that year. You can talk to me about the 6 he conceded in that one game if you like and I''ll point out the defensive errors that led to every one of those goals. Ruddy had no chance with any. Watch the video!

I don''t think we have another Theoklitos scenario on our hands here and I''m sure he is the reason for all this hysteria tonight.

Have a beer, sleep on it and ruddy well bring on Watford.

Come on you Yellows!!

Crikey get a grip people. I went to the game today and granted it was an awful mistake. But he took his crosses very well and was very alert off his line to prevent a lot of danger. He made two decent stops as well. He saved a penalty the other week and didn''t concede in his first three games. Furthermore what happens if Rudd or Steer make a similar mistake should they be dropped. I was sitting near the Barclay so I got a good view of Steers warm up at half time and he did exactly the same thing as Ruddy. So it does happen. The problem is now, for many posters only Fraser Forster will do as a keeper and others will get hammered for any mistakes. It would be interesting to drag up a thread of what people thought of Fraser after he gifted Leeds that game at Elland Road. Get behind the lad. He is clearly a good keeper if Lambert and Moyes saw enough to buy him.

Totally agree Canary Ascent.

I can''t believe some of the ignorant comments we get on this board.

Spouting off with, apparently, great assurance about our new keeper and writing him off. Another defends Theo.

I have seen Ruddy in all but one of the games he''s played and in my opinion he is going to be a superb keeper. It seems Moyse and Lambo hve a similar opinion.

I''m wrong about all 6, one did squirm under his body in this game. 5 of those goals were really dire defending though!

http://www.izle.net/videoizle/23305/motherwell-6---hibernian-6-iskoc-ligi-mucadelesi.html

I''m not worried about the one though, even with today''s. I''ll take the word of someone who has seen him play over a season

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2167175/ShowPost.aspx

I also prefer to listen to the opinion of his Everton coach and ex England goalkeeper Chris Woods over someone who has seen him in a couple of friendlies

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2773556/Everton-coaches-feel-John-Ruddy-can-make-the-grade-for-England.html

I''m with you Bury Yellow. in the words of PL ''I''ll think he''ll do just fine''. In fact I''ll go one further and say he''ll be a top keeper for us!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Just seen the first Everton goal on SSN - strewth! It looked a routine pick-up - very Green-esque!

Declan Rudd must be well chuffed?...

[/quote]

Strewth??

Is that you Theo?

[;)]
[/quote]

G''day Sport - looks like I''ve been rumbled me old fella! This goalkeepin'' lark sure ain''t an easy ride - especially with you fickle Pommies at Carrow Road...

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]I''m with you Bury Yellow. in the words of PL ''I''ll think he''ll do just fine''. In fact I''ll go one further and say he''ll be a top keeper for us![/quote]

Exactly he''ll be fine. Lambert himself has said that Ruddy has been excellent in pre season. Why should this opinion change off the back of one mistake. However we really could have done without this because the ''every other keeper apart from Fraser Forster is rubbish'' brigade will be out in force after this.

One mistake in a pre season friendly!

Well I suppose the fart knockers need someone to knock since the Docs no longer about!

On the subject of the Doc, his replacement Ward contributed to 2 Evertons goals today!

I just think Ruddy is maybe a victim of circumstance a little. With what happened to Green in the world cup, the highlight of attention (via the media) has been shifted to goalkeepers - hense the reported chants of "greeno greeno" etc. Also, i still feel some are wrongly judging him based on what Fraser Forster did last season... Fraser has gone, forget about it!!

Of course he made a mistake which unfortunately resulted in a goal; but so did Nelson, Ward and Surman. I dont hear too much derision aimed at them on here (not that im advocating writing players off based on the odd mistake). At the end of the day players make mistakes.

Can people not just get behind the lad and give him a chance to prove his worth, he hasnt even played a competative game for us yet?

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]

I also prefer to listen to the opinion of his Everton coach and ex England goalkeeper Chris Woods over someone who has seen him in a couple of friendlies

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2773556/Everton-coaches-feel-John-Ruddy-can-make-the-grade-for-England.html[/quote]Well said.

I must admit, although I''m not about to call for him to be dropped, that I do have concerns about him. The trouble is that he is such a huge frame that I don''t see him getting down to low shots quickly ,which was something Forster was able to do for a big man. I sat behind Ruddy at Dagenham and noticed this a couple of times and then there was of course the incident yesterday. I hope I''m wrong.

When we first signed him I remember Motherwell fans saying on their forums that he was very good most of the time but was prone to make mistakes and so it is coming to pass. He is still a young keeper and young keepers tend to make silly mistakes which look worse on them because they often end in a goal, Greeno made some terrible mistakes in his early days here but he did improve over time and I''m sure Ruddy will prove to be a good keeper for us.

[quote user="kdncfc"]When we first signed him I remember Motherwell fans saying on their forums that he was very good most of the time but was prone to make mistakes and so it is coming to pass. He is still a young keeper and young keepers tend to make silly mistakes which look worse on them because they often end in a goal, Greeno made some terrible mistakes in his early days here but he did improve over time and I''m sure Ruddy will prove to be a good keeper for us.
[/quote]

Yep Greeno certainly has eradicated all trace of howler''s from his game hasn''t he? ;)

Seriously though, he played a very good season in a decent SPL (read mid table champ) team and can only improve with age, the kid''ll do fine!!

Whilst Declan wouldn''t let us down, if PL has confidence in Ruddy then thats good enough for me.

And getting on his back won''t help much either!

Ruddy, excluding Crofts, probably made the least mistakes on the pitch yesterday... it''s just a shame that if he makes a mistake there''s nobody to cover him.Give the lad a chance, if he does the same thing in the next 3 games then yeah start judging, but for now just be glad it happened in pre-season and not mid-season.

[quote user="Simon Lappin, King Of Spain"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]When we first signed him I remember Motherwell fans saying on their forums that he was very good most of the time but was prone to make mistakes and so it is coming to pass. He is still a young keeper and young keepers tend to make silly mistakes which look worse on them because they often end in a goal, Greeno made some terrible mistakes in his early days here but he did improve over time and I''m sure Ruddy will prove to be a good keeper for us.[/quote/]

Yep Greeno certainly has eradicated all trace of howler''s from his game hasn''t he? ;)

Seriously though, he played a very good season in a decent SPL (read mid table champ) team and can only improve with age, the kid''ll do fine!!

[/quote]Any keeper however good he may be will never totally eradicate mistakes from his game but as they get older mistakes do tend to become less common, to be fair to Green he has been a good keeper for West Shambles even though he has made the odd mistake. I think Ward and Nelson should also look at themselves and ask whether they could have done more to prevent that goal, Cahill had far to much room to turn and shoot because our central defenders weren''t close enough to him and they will need to sharpen their acts up before next week.

I wasn''t at the game yesterday and haven''t seen Ruddy (or any of our new signings) play yet.

But I would suggest that Green''s howler in the World Cup suggests that anyone can make a mistake like that. Presumably everyone on this messageboard would have been thrilled if West Ham had offloaded Green after the World Cup and we had picked him up...

What would be more worrying would be if we feared that Ruddy could not come for crosses, organise his defence, etc, all the basic skills of a goalkeeper.

Most of the posters (who aren''t frothing with personal abuse) seem to think that Ruddy''s game is pretty solid, with the exception of GJP''s comment about him getting down to low shots.

So it would seem to me that there''s not much to worry about?

Anyone else who''s seen him care to comment on how he looks, overall, as a keeper?

When a player joins a new team they normally take a little time to settle in. With Goalkeepers this is even more so, I remember Ray Clemence leaving Liverpool and Joining Spurs and had a howler for the first 7 or so games. The current Spurs keeper didn''t set the world alight in his first season but last year was probably amongst the top keepers in the league.

Ruddy hasn''t had a settled back four to play behind so is still getting to know the players.

Please let''s give him time.

I believe Ruddy will be a good signing yes he made a mistake but then most players do thats why they are at this level. I am personally glad Fraser Forster did not come back as this will allow (hopefully) supporters to realise he was just an okay keeper who had a good season.

At least Ruddy can kick the ball i had a heartattack every time it went back to forster as did most of the players

Everton were good toady but we did okay and at least tried to pass the ball from the back.

lets get behind the lads and not slate them they will do their best for Norwich but will make errors but we will finish in the top 10 no doubts. finally Crofts and surmans gals were both superb

[quote user="simo86"]people on here are so thick, ruddy was dog shit, he was at fault for at least two goals, cannot not commuincate and is fat, now he was also not that good at newcastle, the goal was not his ault but rest of his play was fucking awful, he is are weakest link by far, i also hope ward comes good, he was awful today[/quote]

Your an absolute dickhead and obviously have no brain, John is definitely not "fat" and i know that from being one of his best mates and training with him in the gym, he works his socks off. Ask me if Fraser Forster gifted leeds a 93rd minute winner? YES! and that was an important league game, yesterday was a friendly so pipe down, shut your mouth and support the players!!

I''ve not been reading this forum recently as much as I used to do, but if this is the standard of "debate" we can look forward to over the season, I think I''ll avoid it even more.BTW, you''re all a ***** bunch of ******s!

The mourning and lamenting over Forster needs to come to an end.

He isn''t coming back here, if he had have done, it would have been, at great expense, for one season only-and, with that in mind, after one error, the cries would have gone up "...we''ve spent a fortune on a one season loanee who makes mistakes, we''re stuck with him, surely it would have been cheaper to get our own keeper..." etc etc.

He would never have come here permanently, if Newcastle do decide to cash in, he''ll go to another Premiership club-even if that had''t materialised, and he stated that he wanted to come here, we wouldn''t have been able to pay the fee that they would have wanted, probably £3-£4 Million, and no, not at all unreasonable, up to £15 Million for Chris Smalling, remember?

Ruddy is here and if he performs well, he''s in the team-if he doesn''t, he''ll be out and Rudd in. For that reason, suspect Steer will go out on loan first, as Lambert will want to keep Ruddy on his toes for the first half of the season. But Forster has gone on, time to forget him and stop comparing him to everyone and everything.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The mourning and lamenting over Forster needs to come to an end.

He isn''t coming back here, if he had have done, it would have been, at great expense, for one season only-and, with that in mind, after one error, the cries would have gone up "...we''ve spent a fortune on a one season loanee who makes mistakes, we''re stuck with him, surely it would have been cheaper to get our own keeper..." etc etc.

He would never have come here permanently, if Newcastle do decide to cash in, he''ll go to another Premiership club-even if that had''t materialised, and he stated that he wanted to come here, we wouldn''t have been able to pay the fee that they would have wanted, probably £3-£4 Million, and no, not at all unreasonable, up to £15 Million for Chris Smalling, remember?

Ruddy is here and if he performs well, he''s in the team-if he doesn''t, he''ll be out and Rudd in. For that reason, suspect Steer will go out on loan first, as Lambert will want to keep Ruddy on his toes for the first half of the season. But Forster has gone on, time to forget him and stop comparing him to everyone and everything.

[/quote]

Spot on as usual.

[quote user="Lineo"]Ruddy, excluding Crofts, probably made the least mistakes on the pitch yesterday... it''s just a shame that if he makes a mistake there''s nobody to cover him.

Give the lad a chance, if he does the same thing in the next 3 games then yeah start judging, but for now just be glad it happened in pre-season and not mid-season.
[/quote]

Yep, too soon to judge.   

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!!
[/quote]

Fraser has gone get the frick over it