Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Rebel

John Ruddy Awful!!

[quote]Blimey - one moment everyone has forgotten about

Fraser Forster because we have hit a Brucey Bonus with a great young

keeper on the cheap, and the next moment we have another Theo on the

cards!

No one can avoid making mistakes - it''s the best way to learn.[/quote]

Regarding the first point, I hope you''re not referring to me, as I never jumped on that bandwagon in the first place. I was desperate for us to keep Forster the whole time, I''d STILL love a deal to be done. Your second point is spot on though, it''s a good way to learn, and at least he did it in a friendly and not in a league game. [quote]

So you are going to sum up Ruddys career based on a friendly and a freak SPL game? Gunn conceded 7 in one game to Blackburn, was he an awful GK?

[/quote]There''s no summing up anything, I''m just presenting two scenarios which have cropped up, and if you re-read what I''ve actually said, I''m not judging him. But again with Gunn, he''d already proven to be a good pair of hands prior to that game. Weren''t we top of the league at that stage as well? My point is, he hasn''t exactly set the world alight yet, and mistakes like these don''t exactly endear him to me much. But like I''ve said about every player, there''s no point judging until the new season properly kicks off. Sure, I can make observations here and there, but it doesn''t mean I''m outright judging them, or summing up an entire career as you just put it. Without observations in pre-season, this board would be dead over the summer. [quote]Seriously think criticism of Ruddy is harsh. Yes, he made a mistake -

but equally so he did a lot right. He on a number of occasions thwarted

everton attacks by being quick off the line, he made two or three solid

saves and his distribution is good.

His size will mean he''ll struggle to get to those low shots though.

[/quote]Good news to be fair, it doesn''t sound like he was particularly incompetent or anything and just had an off moment. People,

know this, I''d love him to do well. Really, I would. But I hardly think

I should be viewed as a wrong''un for bringing up two things which I

think most other football fans in the country would clearly look at with

a bit of suspicion.

Is that the date you joined under your name Snakepit Rebel or your date of birth?

I have never read such drivel.

Do you really think you can make a judgement on a player in one match? (sorry in 6 minutes of one match).

For goodness sake be real. Every keeper who has ever played the game has made mistakes. It''s how they overcome the mistakes and react to them that makes or breaks the player.

To do nothing but criticise and demorolise will not help anyone, least of all John Ruddy and Norwich City.

If he does not play well enough we have two of the best young keepers in the country in waiting ........ but first of all give him a chance and do not force the youngsters into the firing line too early.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Just seen the first Everton goal on SSN - strewth! It looked a routine pick-up - very Green-esque!

Declan Rudd must be well chuffed?...

[/quote]Strewth??Is that you Theo?[;)]

Yes guys i was at the game and i am all for giving people a fair crack of the wip but FF was a huge presence and a great talker and i felt that Ruddy didn''t communicate that well and for a guy of his size he should have done so much more to have stopped the fourth goal.It is merely a point and were all entitled to our opinions!!P.S i will love to be proved wrong on the lad!!!

Sorry GJP but we''ll have to agree to disagree. The fourth goal was, for me, a combination of good luck for Everton and sloppy defending. I don''t think we can criticise Ruddy for that at all.

And as for looking lost, you''ve definitely lost me. I think Ruddy''s strength is his mental fortitude - once a decision is made, he goes for it.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Sorry GJP but we''ll have to agree to disagree. The fourth goal was, for me, a combination of good luck for Everton and sloppy defending. I don''t think we can criticise Ruddy for that at all. And as for looking lost, you''ve definitely lost me. I think Ruddy''s strength is his mental fortitude - once a decision is made, he goes for it.[/quote]

For me it was just like the Newcastle game - he was a mixed bag.

Some good moments but some where he just didn''t do enough and looked nervous.

If he plays like that for the rest of the season then we''ll have a problem.

people on here are so thick, ruddy was dog shit, he was at fault for at least two goals, cannot not commuincate and is fat, now he was also not that good at newcastle, the goal was not his ault but rest of his play was fucking awful, he is are weakest link by far, i also hope ward comes good, he was awful today

[quote user="simo86"]people on here are so thick, ruddy was dog shit, he was at fault for at least two goals, cannot not commuincate and is fat, now he was also not that good at newcastle, the goal was not his ault but rest of his play was fucking awful, he is are weakest link by far, i also hope ward comes good, he was awful today[/quote]Binner.

i hardly ever post on here but when i see shit i have to were you even there today? ward for our second goal was awful had several attempts to clear it, in stead goes on his backside and slides it for them to run on too, so fuck off twat

[quote user="simo86"]i hardly ever post on here but when i see shit i have to were you even there today? ward for our second goal was awful had several attempts to clear it, in stead goes on his backside and slides it for them to run on too, so fuck off twat[/quote]Such a pity you don''t post here so often, you have such a lovely way with words.And you clearly know your football too.Yes, I was at the pre season friendly today against a top 6 Premiership side, were you?

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Yes guys i was at the game and i am all for giving people a fair crack of the wip but FF was a huge presence and a great talker and i felt that Ruddy didn''t communicate that well and for a guy of his size he should have done so much more to have stopped the fourth goal.It is merely a point and were all entitled to our opinions!!P.S i will love to be proved wrong on the lad!!![/quote]Sorry where do you live? Underneath Carrow Road?! You managed to get home from the game and post this drivel in what appears to be negative time. Pretty sure the game was still going on at 4.48pm

does not matter who it is against, what wold you say to the world cup with rob green ?? yes any1 can make a mistake but he made two, he is fat? or do you diagree? i see you disagree with every1 on here, u just are wrong, with so far to date, i may have to eat my words, but so far he reminds me of other fat everton goal keepers like nigel martyn (who was good before he was old and got fat) and nevillie Southall

[quote user="simo86"]i hardly ever post on here but when i see shit i have to were you even there today? ward for our second goal was awful had several attempts to clear it, in stead goes on his backside and slides it for them to run on too, so fuck off twat[/quote]Sorry, I have to get this out...Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Phew, that''s better, thanks.

[quote user="simo86"]people on here are so thick[/quote]Ironic statement of the week?Two very poor errors for their first two goals, but I wouldn''t write either of the players off yet - this is pre-season after all, and we played some extremely good quality opposition today. I actually thought Ruddy''s handling was alright after the initial cock-up, he is a loud presence, and he does look decent when coming for the ball. The telling factor will be how he recovers from this mistake - I think we will see very early on if he is good enough to make the grade, and Lambert certainly doesn''t strike me as a manager who will think twice about changing a player if they aren''t performing.More worrying is that, Martin aside, we don''t seem to have any strikers firing on all cylinders. Have yet to been impressed by Jackson (his striking of the ball was atrocious today), and Holt is clearly no where near being fit enough to start, although I would assume Johnson is an option. That said, I think we have played some great football in the Everton and Newcastle games (Hoolahan and Martin have both been superb) and think we will get off to a flyer against Watford!

Thanks Yellow Wall for your brutal attack!I have followed city for 22 years and have been a season ticket holder for many of those so i think you will agree i have every right to my opinions and i do say what i see without being obnoxious!!

[quote user="simo86"]does not matter who it is against, what wold you say to the world cup with rob green ?? yes any1 can make a mistake but he made two, he is fat? or do you diagree? i see you disagree with every1 on here, u just are wrong, with so far to date, i may have to eat my words, but so far he reminds me of other fat everton goal keepers like nigel martyn (who was good before he was old and got fat) and nevillie Southall[/quote]Yes, he is a big fat ploppy crap keeper and we have been sold a dud.Happy?[:)]

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Thanks Yellow Wall for your brutal attack!I have followed city for 22 years and have been a season ticket holder for many of those so i think you will agree i have every right to my opinions and i do say what i see without being obnoxious!![/quote]So, you weren''t at the game today then?

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]scrimmage, have you ever heard of posting on a message board via a mobile phone???

Believe it or not we are in the 21st century!!!!!!
[/quote]

LOL.... bullshit.

He actually made a cracking save before the second goal. And if, a very big if, but if he doesn''t do well, I would be very happy to play Rudd in goal. I am very impressed by Declan.Don''t get me wrong though, not a problem with Ruddy''s peformance today though. It was a friendly, really not too bothered by the keeper''s peformance. Roll on the new season, we will do well. [:)]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]scrimmage, have you ever heard of posting on a message board via a mobile phone???Believe it or not we are in the 21st century!!!!!![/quote]

LOL.... bullshit.

[/quote][:P]

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!![/quote]Shut up you c**k!

I have to say i am shocked and disgusted by some of my fellow city fans reactions today after posting a message about my assumptions on our new number one!!I believe it is called freedom off speech you c**k!!!

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]I have to say i am shocked and disgusted by some of my fellow city fans reactions today after posting a message about my assumptions on our new number one!!I believe it is called freedom off speech you c**k!!![/quote]He made one mistake!!!!

It was hardly on the scale of Theoklitos v Col WHO? was it?Give the lad a chance.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]I have to say i am shocked and disgusted by some of my fellow city fans reactions today after posting a message about my assumptions on our new number one!!I believe it is called freedom off speech you c**k!!![/quote]He made one mistake!!!!

It was hardly on the scale of Theoklitos v Col WHO? was it?Give the lad a chance.[/quote]To be fair though CT, it was. Well in terms of the first goal vs Col Who. It was a mistake that lead to a goal, same thing. I am not going to get into a debate about the Col who game, but I just feel Theo was treated harshly and the whole team were dire. Anyway, we played very well today so we should be happy. [:)]

Theo was at fault for at least 2 of the SEVEN goals we conceded.We conceded 1 dodgy one in a pre season game against a good premiership side.We did play well though, midfield looks good.