Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Rebel

John Ruddy Awful!!

I remember people saying something similar about FF after the Leeds game. How about we just give Ruddy a chance first?

Better for him to do it now and get it out of his system than in the season.

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!![/quote]are you/were you at the game?

He made a mistake in a pre-season game, he must be the first keeper to ever make a mistake for us. Bring back Theo !!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!!
[/quote]
are you/were you at the game?
[/quote]

Was going to ask the same question. I''ll wait for the people I can trust to have their say.

I refer you all to the David James thread, where I said lets wait and see him play before we say our new goalie is one for the future.Reminds me of the Theoklitos bandwagon from last year. I hope Rudd is ready to step it up! I''ll give him another chance in the league game, but he''s got to do better. Ward sounds naff as well.

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!![/quote]Yeah he''s shit I can''t believe we signed someone so crap, I see no other option but to pull out of the championship and accept a double demotion, go into administration and fold thus leaving us with no club.

He could be a member of Rudd''s family.

I was not at game but several comments made it sound like he was not doing well, but neither is defense as a whole.

Whatever, it''s preseason. Time to experiment.

[quote user="Superflash"]I refer you all to the David James thread, where I said lets wait and see him play before we say our new goalie is one for the future.Reminds me of the Theoklitos bandwagon from last year. I hope Rudd is ready to step it up! I''ll give him another chance in the league game, but he''s got to do better. Ward sounds naff as well. [/quote]"sounds" naff. Solid argument.

[quote]"sounds" naff. Solid argument.[/quote]1) I refer you to Googler''s comments in the match thread, who is giving good details about what''s going on, as are other people in the text messages I''m receiving. 2) It was an observation, not an argument. All the same, don''t come crying to me if he has a poor game against Watford.

[quote user="Beauseant"]After all, Fraser Forster didn''t make a single mistake in the whole of last season.....[/quote][;)] Exactly, you can''t judge someone on one game, before today he has looked solid, saved a peno, had 3 clean sheets.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Beauseant"]After all, Fraser Forster didn''t make a single mistake in the whole of last season.....[/quote][;)] Exactly, you can''t judge someone on one game, before today he has looked solid, saved a peno, had 3 clean sheets.[/quote]Forster looked full of confidence and was a solid keeper even before the Leeds howler. Within 6 minutes against a top side, Ruddy let a ball go through his legs. Or rather, it "Sounds" like he did, but then I wouldn''t want to start an non-solid argument [;)]It is a friendly after all, so the benefit of the doubt is still assured, but it doesn''t exactly sound like the most promising thing in the world.

[quote user="Superflash"]I''ll give him another chance in the league game, but he''s got to do better.[/quote]Oh, right! And what happens then? Will you drop him? [:S]

Blimey - one moment everyone has forgotten about Fraser Forster because we have hit a Brucey Bonus with a great young keeper on the cheap, and the next moment we have another Theo on the cards!

No one can avoid making mistakes - it''s the best way to learn.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Superflash"]I''ll give him another chance in the league game, but he''s got to do better.[/quote]Oh, right! And what happens then? Will you drop him? [:S][/quote]Yes, and you''ll join him in the reserves! [:O]But hey, if you think letting a routine ball slipping through your legs 6 minutes into a game is good goalkeeping, be my guest. I bet you cried when Theoklitos got dropped after the Colchester game? By giving him another chance, I mean I''m not going to completely judge him on the basis of a friendly. But I''m not exactly going to lie and say "Meh, that''s ok!" "Oh, you know what was also ok? Him letting in 6 goals while at Motherwell in one game." Am I really wrong in saying I expect a little bit better from him?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]David james did it and became England number 1[/quote]But he was actually a good keeper making god saves before all his howlers anyway.See, this is my point, Ruddy isn''t exactly proven, and already he''s making clangers in friendlies.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Superflash"]I''ll give him another chance in the league game, but he''s got to do better.[/quote]Oh, right! And what happens then? Will you drop him? [:S][/quote]

Yes, and you''ll join him in the reserves! [:O]

But hey, if you think letting a routine ball slipping through your legs 6 minutes into a game is good goalkeeping, be my guest. I bet you cried when Theoklitos got dropped after the Colchester game? By giving him another chance, I mean I''m not going to completely judge him on the basis of a friendly. But I''m not exactly going to lie and say "Meh, that''s ok!" "Oh, you know what was also ok? Him letting in 6 goals while at Motherwell in one game." Am I really wrong in saying I expect a little bit better from him?

[/quote]

So you are going to sum up Ruddys career based on a friendly and a freak SPL game? Gunn conceded 7 in one game to Blackburn, was he an awful GK?

Ruddy didn''t have a great game today but it''s still too early to judge him yet. At least we know that if he doesn''t play well we''ve got very good back up in Rudd, well as long as he''s not out on loan.

[quote user="Superflash"][But hey, if you think letting a routine ball slipping through your legs 6 minutes into a game is good goalkeeping, be my guest.[/quote]Yeah, that''s exactly what he said [Y]

Seriously think criticism of Ruddy is harsh. Yes, he made a mistake - but equally so he did a lot right. He on a number of occasions thwarted everton attacks by being quick off the line, he made two or three solid saves and his distribution is good.

His size will mean he''ll struggle to get to those low shots though.

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]Trust me guys John Ruddy is no Fraser Forster judging by todays performance and for me Declan would be my first choice!![/quote]you obviously just liked your play on words with your post title, then sat back and watched your work... nice one?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Seriously think criticism of Ruddy is harsh. Yes, he made a mistake - but equally so he did a lot right. He on a number of occasions thwarted everton attacks by being quick off the line, he made two or three solid saves and his distribution is good. His size will mean he''ll struggle to get to those low shots though.[/quote]

He also looked a bit lost a couple of times when the ball came into the box and he didn''t do enough to stop the fourth goal.

But you''re right, it''s not all bad news. He has done some things well.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]lmfao, 1 mistake and some are asking for a hanging...FFS GET A GRIP!!![/quote]

I was criticised for saying I wasn''t keen on Theo after the friendlies last year...

Fortunately I think it''s much more likely that John Ruddy will come good.