Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Match parking

I''ve always parked at County Hall, but it is then a bit of a trek to the Nelson for a pre match libation. What are the options in that area and what are they like in terms of getting out after the game?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Theres a few charity car parks on Thorpe Road near Busseys that are pretty cheap, but a bit of a mare to get out of. Theres also the car park on Lower Clarence road but I think that suffers from the same problem.

[quote user="morty"]Theres a few charity car parks on Thorpe Road near Busseys that are pretty cheap, but a bit of a mare to get out of. Theres also the car park on Lower Clarence road but I think that suffers from the same problem.
[/quote]

I park around there too, there are at least 3 charity car parks there which are all Â£2.50 but you need to be there by 1.15pm - 1.30pm. I dont have too much trouble getting out, usually head down the Yarmouth Road where you are in a queue of traffic but it keeps moving back to Harvey lane where I turn left to pick up the ring road to the airport.

I would imagine County Hall takes a while to get out of too, doesn''t it plus its dearer?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Theres a few charity car parks on Thorpe Road near Busseys that are pretty cheap, but a bit of a mare to get out of. Theres also the car park on Lower Clarence road but I think that suffers from the same problem.[/quote]

I park around there too, there are at least 3 charity car parks there which are all Â£2.50 but you need to be there by 1.15pm - 1.30pm. I dont have too much trouble getting out, usually head down the Yarmouth Road where you are in a queue of traffic but it keeps moving back to Harvey lane where I turn left to pick up the ring road to the airport.

I would imagine County Hall takes a while to get out of too, doesn''t it plus its dearer?

[/quote]I think they all probably suffer a bit from congestion, I used to have to go the other direction towards the city and it was a bit slow, but like you say, crawling at least.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''ve always parked at County Hall, but it is then a bit of a trek to the Nelson........[/quote]I don''t fancy your chances in next years marathon Beauseant! [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Theres a few charity car parks on Thorpe Road near Busseys that are pretty cheap, but a bit of a mare to get out of. Theres also the car park on Lower Clarence road but I think that suffers from the same problem.
[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a real pain CA. I was thinking more in terms of Friday''s game. Are the charity parks open for night games too?

And Lapp, as Tangy''s lent me some crayons....

MEGA LOL!

Beau - why not park outside the nearest hairdressers? Everyone will think your car belongs to the junior stylist! [;)]

[quote user="leedscanary"]Beau - why not park outside the nearest hairdressers? Everyone will think your car belongs to the junior stylist! [;)]
[/quote]

Very amusing![;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I park around there too, there are at least 3 charity car parks there which are all £2.50 but you need to be there by 1.15pm - 1.30pm. I dont have too much trouble getting out, usually head down the Yarmouth Road where you are in a queue of traffic but it keeps moving back to Harvey lane where I turn left to pick up the ring road to the airport.

[/quote]

CA, the queue on Yarmouth Road can get very busy (as I am sure you are aware). Have you tried taking the first left between the two sets of traffic lights opposite Thorpe Police Station on the one-way? You may find its a lot quicker.

[quote user="Largey"]CA, the queue on Yarmouth Road can get very busy (as I am sure you are aware). Have you tried taking the first left between the two sets of traffic lights opposite Thorpe Police Station on the one-way? You may find its a lot quicker.[/quote]Well, it was.......until somebody put it on here![;)]

Yes - on second thoughts I would avoid that road at all costs ;) at least until I have passed through!

If you want to head towards Gt Yarmouth (or that general area) County Hall is the easiest and quickest to get home from, the others take forever.

[quote user="Largey"]

CA, the queue on Yarmouth Road can get very busy (as I am sure you are aware). Have you tried taking the first left between the two sets of traffic lights opposite Thorpe Police Station on the one-way? You may find its a lot quicker.[/quote]

Often wonder about cutting through one of those roads but weren''t sure if that would save time, which road are you talking about?

I''m a lazy fat f*** so always park in the riverside multi-story and go out via the city center.  What''s the score with the ex big W car park? is that still looked after by parking attendants? There seemed to be a good few parking in there today. 

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]I''m a lazy fat f*** so always park in the riverside multi-story and go out via the city center.  What''s the score with the ex big W car park? is that still looked after by parking attendants? There seemed to be a good few parking in there today. [/quote]

The Big W car park is a 2 1/2 hr maximum stay, but i dont think attendants are there. But i know they catch people with the camera as the great drinkell may have been caught staying to long before. [IMG]http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.com/images/lol-monkey.jpg[/IMG]

I`m not telling you where I park coz it`s free at the minute.bit of a walk thoughoh yeah and abit of a dodgey area too. luckily I don`t have a posh motor

[quote user="emmaroyds"]I`m not telling you where I park coz it`s free at the minute.

bit of a walk though

oh yeah and abit of a dodgey area too. luckily I don`t have a posh motor
[/quote]

probably the same place as me and my dad - lol.

I park on the Rouen Rd Pay and Display.

When leaving I drive up the hill to Ber St, left to the end then straight over to City Rd, down long John Hill, left at the lights up to the martineau lane lights.

This way you are hitting the traffic from the other way rather than queuing round county hall.

Trust that makes sence and helps

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Largey"]

CA, the queue on Yarmouth Road can get very busy (as I am sure you are aware). Have you tried taking the first left between the two sets of traffic lights opposite Thorpe Police Station on the one-way? You may find its a lot quicker.[/quote]

Often wonder about cutting through one of those roads but weren''t sure if that would save time, which road are you talking about?

[/quote]

It''s Cotman Rd. I''d suggest having a quick look on google maps, but if you say you need to get to the ring-road - I can get from Thorpe Rd to the top of Ketts Hill in 3 mins (Cotman rd, Telegraph lane East, turn right to Ketts Rd), and from there you can go down Plumstead Rd and to the fiveways roundabout. Hope that doesn''t sound too long-winded - as I say have a quick look on google maps and it''s a fairly easy route, and much quicker than Thorpe rd/Harvey Lane! :)

how about info on free parking in exchange for a beer?

Up to an hour before ko there is places, i parked there all last season with no probs.

I will be in Nelson friday night before ko and will be the 1 in the bright yellow t-shirt.

I park at jubilee park near lakenham junior school. Bit of a walk but it''s really close to southern bypass

Parking, what`s that? I get the chuffer from fetford. so I can have some beers.

[D]