Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Norwich V Watford The Official Score Prediction Thread

All eyes on Carrow Road this Friday, hopefully city can step up to our expectations!I''m hoping for a 2-0 win - Martin & Wes with two 2nd half goals[<:o)]We''re not normally too hot in front of the Sky camera''s but fingers crossed this will change.

I will go for 2-1 City.  It would have been 2-0 but the defence is worrying me a little.

C.Martin and Holt to score for us.  If Holt isn''t fit then whoever!

[:D]

Norwich 1-3 Watford. Initial positivity undone as we are given a harsh lesson in Championship football. We''ll pick ourselves up though. Tough introduction in front on the cameras too. Chrissy Martin with the goal.

3-0 Drury hat trick! Nah, seriously, 3-0 with Surman and Wes x2. i dont know why, but ive had this feeling for a while now!

2 or 3 (at least) goals to nil.Seriously,  (not being biased), but we have a better squad, better manager, and are at home. so what if we are on tv? we will smash them. [:)] we showed we can play football in the two home pre seasons, and I see no reason why they would even score against us. Nelson is superb at the back, and the other 3 are also very solid for me. We have brilliant players now, in Wes, Surman, and the two strikers to create the chances.Really don''t think we need to be cautious for this one, we will give them a good pounding!

[quote user="Brendo "]2 or 3 (at least) goals to nil.Seriously,  (not being biased), but we have a better squad, better manager, and are at home. so what if we are on tv? we will smash them. [:)] we showed we can play football in the two home pre seasons, and I see no reason why they would even score against us. Nelson is superb at the back, and the other 3 are also very solid for me. We have brilliant players now, in Wes, Surman, and the two strikers to create the chances.Really don''t think we need to be cautious for this one, we will give them a good pounding! [/quote]Really admire your optimism, and your logic is impeccable, but I cant see it being as one sided as that. Mainly because its the first game of the season, not just our first but the first one anywhere, and all eyes will be on Carrow Road. Both sides will be nervous and not wanting to lose, so I cant see it being a feast of flowing football. Any win will do, so I predict a nervy 2-1 home victory, scorers Surman, Nelson.Wouldn''t complain if we won 7-1 though.

A nervy 2-1 win.Hoolahan with an early goal. Lots of pressure before half time but no more goals. Watford get an equaliser sometime between 45 and 60 minutes. Chris Martin scores the winner in the last five.

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="Brendo "]2 or 3 (at least) goals to nil.Seriously,  (not being biased), but we have a better squad, better manager, and are at home. so what if we are on tv? we will smash them. [:)] we showed we can play football in the two home pre seasons, and I see no reason why they would even score against us. Nelson is superb at the back, and the other 3 are also very solid for me. We have brilliant players now, in Wes, Surman, and the two strikers to create the chances.Really don''t think we need to be cautious for this one, we will give them a good pounding! [/quote]Really admire your optimism, and your logic is impeccable, but I cant see it being as one sided as that. Mainly because its the first game of the season, not just our first but the first one anywhere, and all eyes will be on Carrow Road. Both sides will be nervous and not wanting to lose, so I cant see it being a feast of flowing football. Any win will do, so I predict a nervy 2-1 home victory, scorers Surman, Nelson.Wouldn''t complain if we won 7-1 though.[/quote]If we had someone else in charge, then yeah.But we have Lambert at the realm, and I actually love this man. He knows his stuff and has pulled it out of the hat every single time when called upon.really can''t see Watford scoring.

I just want the three points and I don''t care how.

Watford will be wound up by Malky and we will need to be solid.

I would be comfortable with 0-0 at half time and for Norwich to build to a win as the second half progresses.

It''s going to be interesting to see whether we allow the opposition as much possession as we did last season. Many sides thought they played well because of this and couldn''t understand how we hit them with winners late on.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]2 to 1, each team giving up a garbage goal because of adjusting to the new ball.[/quote]Do you mean we are going to be using that World Cup ball this season?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]A nervy 2-1 win.Hoolahan with an early goal. Lots of pressure before half time but no more goals. Watford get an equaliser sometime between 45 and 60 minutes. Chris Martin scores the winner in the last five.[/quote]I''ll share this! However I hope we''re completely wrong and absolutely anihilate them, we''re due a good win on TV!

1-1.

Watford will open the scoring following a defensive cock-up early on in the game.

They will then press for a second and get close.

We will hit back in the second half with a well-worked goal, scorer will be Holt!

2 to 1, each team giving up a garbage goal because of adjusting to the new ball.

Do you mean we are going to be using that World Cup ball this season?

I thought that was the plan. Wasn''t it used in pre-season?