Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Unlucky Davo, very unlucky for a team like plymouth to beat a team with the strike force such as soton is a big shock.[/quote]Yep, Southampton were much the better team. The absence of Lambert really hurt them though. Hard luck Davo.

Yes as Mister said it was unlucky Davo. We fell at the first hurdle but you have nothing to reproach yourself for. The first week is an absolute nightmare with no form to go on. Someone has to pick on week one and you were brave enough to accept the challenge.

Ippy beating Middlesboro 3-1 , well whats happened [:O]

im doing the same as norwich in the pups league, starting slow and going to make a real charge late on [:P]

I think we''ve had a lot of casualties in the first week with Reading, Boro, Southampton all failing to win.  The first week is a nightmare, a really tough ask and it looked a good set of picks so don''t be disheartened Davo, we''ve got 45 weeks left to rack up some academy cash.

Unlucky Davo...as so many have said the first week of the season is a nightmare to predict.

On a personal note, Saints to beat Plymouth...D''oh...here we go again!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]Bad luck Davo, the first week of a new season is a betting minefield so no reflection on you as a picker.[Y][/quote]

Ain''t that the truth - the Champ is rather unpredictable at the best of times, but even Marseille who looked nailed on at 2/9 lost at home to Caen [:O]

Were there even 6 winning picks to choose from?

The PUPs league is carnage already! [:D]

Well now I can see why Billy in all his generosity was willing to give us so much if I had of got all 6 right.

There were 8 naps this week that won. Some of which I did look at seriously - Esbjerg Vs FC Midtylland Away win, Dundee Vs QoS Home win. Others like Hull Vs Swansea and Chesterfield Vs Barnet I didn''t look at in much detail. Frankly I consider Hull''s result a bit of a shock.

Sill there''s always next week.

Davo

Did i fail with my first pick? I should just give up really [:P]Anyway, bad luck this week, was always going to be hard.....

[quote user="Davo"]Well now I can see why Billy in all his generosity was willing to give us so much if I had of got all 6 right. There were 8 naps this week that won. Some of which I did look at seriously - Esbjerg Vs FC Midtylland Away win, Dundee Vs QoS Home win. Others like Hull Vs Swansea and Chesterfield Vs Barnet I didn''t look at in much detail. Frankly I consider Hull''s result a bit of a shock. Sill there''s always next week. Davo[/quote]

Don''t beat yourself up about it Davo mate, the early weeks are almost like a lottery. I think mine was the third week last year

and I still only got three from six.

MC

PUP''s, davo don''t be too disheartened. As we have seen time and again, gambling on the football league is one of the most tricky and random activities one can do in life. We continually have witnessed crazy upsets almost weekly and on the first week of the season it''s going to quadruple the pain! No fear though, the big leagues swing into action next and in the following weeks and we''ll get up and running.... But Scunthorpe? Seriously what the hell!!!!

[quote user="Davo"]Well now I can see why Billy in all his generosity was willing to give us so much if I had of got all 6 right.

There were 8 naps this week that won. Some of which I did look at seriously - Esbjerg Vs FC Midtylland Away win, Dundee Vs QoS Home win. Others like Hull Vs Swansea and Chesterfield Vs Barnet I didn''t look at in much detail. Frankly I consider Hull''s result a bit of a shock.

Sill there''s always next week.

Davo[/quote]
Yep I guessed a lot of people thought that Davo! It was the man in charge of Hull that made it the banker.Unlucky though Davo alot of upsets.

62 PUPs selected this week with 22 correct and 1 postponed game making a success rate of 36%. Between you 21 games were selected of which just 8 won. Taking into account Yankee’s postponed game this was a strike rate of 40%. These are the worst stats I can ever remember. That’s no reflection on you PUPs just a crazy week where there was no worthwhile form to go on coupled with so many “Tales Of The Unexpected”! I feel I should apologise to poor Davo for asking him to select this week and he deserves soooo much credit for having the bravery to take it on for us.

Anyway, well done for winning selections to Wazzy, Big Slob, Bruce, Chris, Cosmic, Devon, Doris, Excited, Graham, Greg, Hughesy, Inchy, Jellytot, Meth, Mister, Muddy, Broadslim, Scrimmage, Drinks, Tony[Y]

Oh and Lapp & Nutty[:O]

Thank you once again Davo, you never stood a chance my friend.

I’ll be back tomorrow with the new thread where we have another new picker in Big Slob making the final selections, and hopefully news about our presentation night.

[:)]