Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

And here we go again...

Always difficult for the first game of the season but I''m going with

Southampton v Plymouth - Home Win

Good luck to one and all, and especially Davo...lets all hope for a winning start.

Hmmm now I do not want to in any way stop people from picking the naps they want to BUT... yes that''s a BIG but I''m new* to this gambling malarkey so I really do need all the help I can get.

Davo

* Well when I say new I mean I''ve never gambled in my life (I think Norwich, Women, alcohol, Norwich, Music, Beer, Norwich, Women and finally Norwich are enough vices don''t you?! Without gambling?) I don''t even do the lottery or scratch cards.

Germany to beat England, but if Billy wont allow that..............

Have a weak spot for Southampton so will go with a win for them

Good luck all

Absolutely fantastic to have this back once again - for me, the undoubted highlight of this board     Always a tough one to pick the first week but after much calculation, intuition and damn right guess work, I''m plumping for -           Gillingham Vs Cheltenham - Home win    Here''s as always lookng forward to both a City win on Friday and of course, a PUPs win to boot!

Welcome back to everyone for the new season! [:)]May it be a very good one.Anyway, for me, Boro will smash Ipswich right into the ground. [Y]Best of luck Davo. [:)]

It''s always difficult picking the first game of the season, apparently you can get some strange results on the opening day! [;)]

So I''ve gone on last season''s form and am in agreement with Diesel Doris. I''m going for a home win for Chesterfield v. Barnet. A good home record v. a poor away one.

Good Luck, Davo!

Drinks, Nana and Mr Bump - I have logged your selections for when you are away and will post them on the thread next week. Have a great time[H]

Great stuff Scooby.. I know I''m not the only one who''s been looking forward to your turn.[Y]

Big Slob - Where are you... WHERE ARE YOU... LET''S BE ''AVIN YOU.. are you ok to select next week?

Thanks for the link and welcome TWM   another useful tool for you PUPs can be found here

Kev, I got your message thanks. I would have loved to hang on until you could make it but I really do think we should get this money handed over to FONCY. Just let us know when you''re next down here and we''ll arrange a PUPs Night in your honour. [B]

Davo -  We''re not really gambling because we''re not risking any money thanks to Billy''s generosity so we can''t lose. So don''t worry about the betting side of things Billy will take care of that for us. Just pick the six games you feel are most likely to have been forecast correctly. Billy and I will do the rest.

First weekend of the season, always a tricky one.Sheffield Wednesday to beat Dagenham for me please.I''ve PM''d you back nutty.Good luck!

Hi everyone

Going to make an effort this season to do this every week and not forget about it every time until it''s too late

For my first choice I''ll try

STEVENAGE v. Macclesfield - Home Win- I fancy newly promoted Stevenage to get off to a good start against a pretty poor Macclesfield.

I''d also like to put my selection in for next week too as I''ll be away on holiday

Next week:- FC TWENTE v Heerenveen- Home win

Bonney Scotland for me to start with what is always a difficult week .

Dundee were runners-up in Scottish league one last year and I think they may go one better this season so........

Dundee v Queen of the South........Home win.

Good luck Davo! [Y]

Ooh.  Happy to be back as well.  Need to play it safe on week 1 so I''m hopping on the Marseille bandwagon.  Home Win over Caen. Best of luck!

It''s good to be back. Cheers to Nutty, Billy and of course to Ray [Y]First week is always tough. I''m going to go for Southampton to beat Plymouth.Good luck PUPs [:D]

YES footy is back,my 1st pick is going to be CHARLTON to win @ home against bournmouth, cheers

It''s great to be back on the freebet. Hope everyone has had a good break and ready to go again.

My first pick of the season is in the already up and running Danish League. Second place FC Midtjylland to win away at bottom of the table Esbjerg (who have lost their last two games 3-0). Good luck Davo and all PUPs.

MC

My first time to pick and I''m going to have to be honest and say I''ve not had chance to look at any fixtures as I''ve been so busy unpacking.As this is the only fixture I am definite about, it has to be Norwich v Watford, home win Will be more organised for next week

Woo hoo - its back!!!  [:D]

This first tricky week, I''m backing Middlesborough to give the lot from Portaloo Road a good going over, so:

MIDDLESBOROUGH -v- Ipswich    HOME WIN

Good Luck to everyone for this first week [Y][<:o)][ip]

OTBC

Hi hope everyone is well, this is where the proper football starts after all the pre season friendlies. Well done to Nutty and Billy for getting this back up again and hopefully we will do as well as last season.

My nap is Bristol City to beat Millwall, I think it could be a big season for Bristol City and they will start well.

Good Luck Davo and all pickers, the first week is always a bit of a lottery though.

Hey Nutty! I hope I am not to late in notifying you that I also am away next weekend! Therefore can I give you my nap now? Prediction: Chelsea to beat West Brom! Cheers[Y]

Welcome to the thread Jed and WITS. It''s great to have you with us.

Now WITS, Friday games are of no use to the PUP making the final selections because the bet doesn''t go on until Saturday morning. But I think it''s only fair to count this for our own PUPs table this time. Especially as you moved to this fine county just to join the thread[Y][;)]

Jimbo_Jet_Set and Norwich - I have your selections logged and will post them on next weeks thread.

I just realised I haven''t posted a nap yet. It is really tough this week and I feel as though I have pushed poor Davo into the lions den. However on reflection he''s one of our very best PUPs and I''m sure if anyone can crack it our Davo can[Y]

My nap is the same as my friends TGD and Graham :-

Queens Park Rangers   V   Barnsley   Home Win

Good luck everyone......[:)]......

Thank you all for your picks. I''ve made a note of each and every one. I don''t have a system but I''ll be posting my picks earlier than I previsouly said. It''ll probably be around 5pm hopefully as it''s better to do them before I go out tonight than run the risk of forgetting to post them once I come back int he early hours.

Davo

Reading beat Scunthorpe is my choice too.

Good luck everyone.