Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week one of the new free bet season. It’s great to be back thanks to the continued generosity of Billy Dixon (Dixmar Racing) and the great enthusiasm of all you PUPs.

This week it’s our good friend Davo in charge and making the final selections. Now Davo had a terrific season lat time with an 81% strike rate getting 25 winning naps from his 31 selections. I first noticed Davo’s potential to be a top PUP when he got 4 from 4 last August but it was the end of last season when he hit top form getting 8 winning naps from his last 9. I’ve been looking forward to his turn ever since.

But good as Davo is he is going to need all your help if he’s to get our season underway with a winning week. I’m sure you PUPs won’t let him down. Don’t forget all we want is your very best selection from Saturday and Sundays games. The Championship, League One and League Two start this weekend. As do the Scottish and Dutch Leagues. While the Austrian, Belgian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Swiss Leagues are among those already underway. So there’s plenty of scope for us to help Davo on his way.

The final selections rota for the rest of August is as follows : -

14th August Big Slob

21st August Scooby

28th August Diesel Doris

I’m still waiting for Big Slob and Scooby to confirm their dates. Please check your PM’s and emails guys.

We were successful in adding to last years total during the World Cup so we now have £301 to present to FONCY. It''s proving to be difficult to find a date to suit so I’ve given John Landamore at FONCY two dates in September to choose from. I haver tried to find a date suitable to give our great friend Leeds Canary the chance to come but I don’t think it’s going to work out this time and we do really need to get this money to FONCY. When the date is finalised I’m hoping as many of you as possible will be there for Billy and FONCY.

I

ll hand the free bet over to Davo now. Theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Davo... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker2, orfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby yes Norfolkchance1 £959 for the Academy,so far.

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 18 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £959 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Yipee, the thread I and many more i assume have been waiting for [y]

Im going to visit the NPOWER  Championship this week with a home win for Middlesborough, against the team who dont seem able to sign anyone ipswich.

Middlesboro seem to have raided the scottish prem for their transfers and with some quality infront of goal i fancy they to get their season going. [so]

Good luck Davo.....

Looks like Tilly is first to pick this week and i am going for a READING home win v Scunny.

Good luck everybody and let''s give Nutty all the support he deserves.

Great to have this back, a big well done again to Billy and yourself for keeping it going for another season.

I''m going for Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Home Win, I really can''t see Ipswich giving ''boro too much danger in this one.

Good luck Davo [Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Looks like Tilly is first to pick this week and i am going for a READING home win v Scunny.

Good luck everybody and let''s give Nutty all the support he deserves.

[/quote]

unfortunatly not. [:P]

Nutty, myself and drinks are away next week in holland [y] and will most likely not have any internet connect so I will also leave my nap for big slob here too - hope thats ok.

I will go to the prem and for a home win for aston villa vs West ham.

The first pick of the season is always the trickiest, but I''m going for SOUTHAMPTON to win at home to Plymouth.Saints are my favourites for League One this season and should have too much firepower for the Pilgrims. Of course, we all know that it takes time to acclimatise to relegation....

Best of luck Davo and all you lovely Pups![Y]

Great news - The season has officially begun.Tough week, without any form to go on, so ill venture into a league thats coming to an end.Longford Town v Salthill Devon. HOME win.Irish league division one - Salthill are the whipping boys of the division, with only nine points from 21 games. Longford are lower mid-table, but should have more than enough to win this one. Longford won the reverse fixture 3-0 at the home of Salthill.Best of luck Davo!

Thank you Nutty and well done to all PUP''s raising £301 is a fantastic achievement for us all!

So the new season rolls in and here we are again, all trying our best to pick those naps to raise money for FONCY.

This is my first time as a Picker and as it''s the very first week I''m sure you''ll all give me the much needed help so we can win some money for FONCY. I''m very busy this week so I might not be able to post until late on Friday night and when I say late I mean more along the lines of very early Saturday morning.

Now for my nap I had a hard choice. There''s two top versus bottom (well almost) encounters happening in Scandinavia this weekend. Rosenborg are away to bottom side Sandefjord and HJK Helsinki are away to second from bottom AC Oulu. Both were worth a shout but I''ve plumped for:

AC Oulu VS HJK (Helsinki) - Away win.

Davo

It is truly fantastic to have this thread back and running! I really have been looking forward to it for a while now!I''m going to go to Npower League One for their fixture between Sheffield Wednesday vs Daggers...Home win!Thanks [Y] Good Luck all!

Great that the PUP''s season is underway again. Nutty, sorry I haven''t replied but "yes" I will be available to take my turn, in fact I can''t wait!!

Now for the first tricky pick, and I''m definitely staying clear of our beloved Canaries after choosing them first game out last season[:S]

Instead, I''m going for my French favourites Marseille against newly promoted Caen

Marseille, home win.

Good luck Davo!  And good luck to everyone for the forthcoming season.

My nap this week is Reading to beat ScunthorpeAnd as I won''t be here next week may I nap Chelsea to beat West Brom in advance.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]My nap this week is Reading to beat ScunthorpeAnd as I won''t be here next week may I nap Chelsea to beat West Brom in advance.[/quote]Bugger! I''ve just spent the past half an hour scouring the fixtures and form on the BBC website, finally settle on READING v Scunthorpe - Home win, and last years champ just beats me to it!Anyway, since the Welsh Premier League hasn''t started yet I''ll stick with it.Good luck Davo, lets get off to a winning start [Y]LeedscanaryPs - Nutty, I did reply to your facebook message about presentation night. Not sure if you got it?? But it does look like I''m not going to make it this time - but i''m sure there''ll be plenty of Taddy left for the next one! [B]

Reading to beat Scunny for me please.

Good Luck Davo and everyone else.

Well, after trying to go for the risky ones last season (and failing) I''ll start with what I believe to be fairly nailed on, which is CHARLTON V Bournemouth - HOME WIN.

Finally the best post of the week returns, I have in my own little way looked away from the "common" choices and offer as an alternative Neil Warnocks QPR to beat our very own Mark Robbins Barnsley

QPR V Barnsley HOME WIN

as Nana has informed you we are taking a summer vacation to the land the cloggers and won''t be back in time for next weeks pick so hopefully NN you will add

AJAX AMSTERDAM v Vitesse Arnheim HOME WIN (thought this was topical and who knows I might be there.)

To next weeks naps

Good Luck to both pickers for the next fortnight.

[D]

Hate to be going with crowd but I''ll be going with my nap for promotion Reading to beat Scunthorpe

Delighted that we are back in action once again, I am promising never to pick Norwich this season, and I hope everyone enjoys themselves.First week of the season is tricky, Southampton looks like a good pick but I am going to have to go for:Reading to beat ScunthorpeGood luck Davo and all you Pups.

It''s such a shame that gentleman Ray can''t see what has happened to his free bet, he would be over the moon.

Thanks to Billy and Nutty for continuing this.

Division 1 for me...

Sheffield Wednesday v Dagenham and Redbridge - Home Win

It''s great to have this back,been waiting all summer. My pick is:

CHESTERFIELD  - v -  Barnet     HOME WIN

Good Luck Davo and all you lovely,lovely PUPs[:D][Y]

[quote user="morty"]I''m rubbish at this, so will just remain a social member.[:)][/quote]Ah, come on!  Just pick Reading and then you''re in good company.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]I''m rubbish at this, so will just remain a social member.[:)][/quote]Ah, come on!  Just pick Reading and then you''re in good company.[/quote]Frankly I''m only in this gig for the beer.Now you mention it though, I tip Reading.

Yay, it''s back!The opening weeks always tend to be a bit of a nightmare as there''s not really anything to go on so for the sake of being a little different I will go for one of my personal favourites for promotion QPR to beat Barnsley.Good luck Davo, and all PUPs for this week and this season.

Stockport didnt let me down too many times last year, and I predict them to continue their nosedive by losing aginst Southend.

[quote user="Kathy"]Stockport didnt let me down too many times last year, and I predict them to continue their nosedive by losing aginst Southend.[/quote]

the start sounds like they won for you, well thats what i thought [y] I like the tactics though, pick a poor team over again to lose [:P]

Its back...hoorah.

This week I am going for

Charlton to beat Bournemouth

Good luck everyone especially Davo