Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Will we sell out on Friday night or is £31 putting people off?

well i still think £31 is taking the p1ss.. and if that makes me less of a supporter than those who think its reasonable then so be it i couldn''t care less..i rang up today and got tickets for gillingham on tuesday night at least i can afford to take my son to that one £14.50 for the two of us luvly jubbly [:D]

I think £31.00 is quite a lot of money....Anyone else think £31.00 is quite a lot of money?

What can you purchase for £31.00 (other than an adult match-day ticket for Friday night) which I think is quite a lot of money? 

Yeah, I really do think £31.00 is a lot of money....especially when you can go in a boozer and drink for the whole of the game and use that £31.00 to buy some ale and watch the game for nothing.....

It works out cheaper watching it in the pub than paying £31.00 to watch it in the stadium and not being able to drink alcohol whilst the game is being played.....Then going to the boozer afterwards and spending some more money for a drink and supper.

If you''re a travelling Watford fan and you have to pay £31.00 to watch the game which I think is quite a lot of money....as well as transport costs and money for a drink and food and getting home late afterwards....When you could watch it in a boozer in Watford and save the £31.00 to spend on your drinks and a curry or KFC or something....

I think £31.00 is quite a lot of money....Anyone else think £31.00 is quite a lot of money?

I''m a banana, do you think £31.00 is quite a lot of money?

Especially when you get beat.....and then you say what a waste of money.....

There is a link on the main site with a pdf download of match prices for all areas and grades (A+ to D).

Go to "watch opening npower championship game" and scroll down.

BTW still plenty of £27 tickets available

I think £31 is a lot of money. I probably wouldn''t pay £31 for a match that''s on tv on a friday night. I''m still going though[Y]

Anyone else think £31 is a lot of money and probably wouldn''t pay it but still going[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think £31 is a lot of money. I probably wouldn''t pay £31 for a match that''s on tv on a friday night. I''m still going though[Y]

Anyone else think £31 is a lot of money and probably wouldn''t pay it but still going[:^)]

[/quote]

I''m still going, but I still think £31.00 is quite a lot of money - so I''m going to bite a corner off my season-ticket as a protest....

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="simo86"]my god its like 6 quid more then last year............how tight are you people? i bet half of you who complained smoke and drink and think nothing of that!! But this extra revune could help our club immensely, look at signings we made so far. if we want that continue we need money!!! i wish people would just stop moaning and be happy for a long time we have what looks like a good team and without a doubt a great manager in the making[/quote]A/ Are you on the dole or on a very low income?B/ Do you have a family to support?If you answer yes to both, I think you will find the extra £6 is an absolute clincher old cocker.[/quote] no i am not a bum i work for a living

Theres a couple of things worrying me here. Firstly the fans have been begging the board to increase the capacity to 35000 on the basis that we would sell out every game. We quite clearly cant sell 28000. I know the arguments SKY prices Friday night but come on this is the first game of the season and that game is always grade A and when at home sold out in previous years. If it is Friday night / SKY a similar story is emerging for the Swansea game on a Saturday and not on tv. Whats the reasoning here prices again or people waiting to see if we succeed or fail in our first 2 games ?. Our new capacity 20500 season ticket holders and 900 Watford supporters and 1000 hospitality tickets means we only had just over 5000 to sell and we have only sold about half of those. Do some people really think that if we increase the capicity to 35000 at a cost of several million pounds the club will reduce prices to fill the seats - unless we want to go out of business I think not. McNally has shown what business sense he has and he is quite right to say that we will not increase the capacity to 35000 until it can be justified. Those who wont pay this years prices please remember this club has run at a huge loss by not being commercially minded. We cant have it both ways it is either a successfull club with money to spend or a bankrupt club that fills the ground every week but has everyone moaning we have sold our best players and bought rubbish and appointed a cheap option as manager. The strange thing will be sell out every week and there will be money if needed in January dont sell out every week then we wont be spending in January and then we wont be selling out towards the end of the season as these extra 10000 that people claimed we would get every week wont want to come and pay to watch a mid table championship team. I say support Mr McNally as he only has the success of this club in mind. The previous way saw us in league 1 and alsmost in administration. Trust me as a family we give up a lot of things such as a holiday abroad each year as Norwich City is our passion.

Those who decide to watch the game in the pub and spend £30 there instead remeber the pub lanlord wont be passing the money back to our club so they can invest in new players.       

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Theres a couple of things worrying me here. Firstly the fans have been begging the board to increase the capacity to 35000 on the basis that we would sell out every game. We quite clearly cant sell 28000. I know the arguments SKY prices Friday night but come on this is the first game of the season and that game is always grade A and when at home sold out in previous years. If it is Friday night / SKY a similar story is emerging for the Swansea game on a Saturday and not on tv. Whats the reasoning here prices again or people waiting to see if we succeed or fail in our first 2 games ?. Our new capacity 20500 season ticket holders and 900 Watford supporters and 1000 hospitality tickets means we only had just over 5000 to sell and we have only sold about half of those. Do some people really think that if we increase the capicity to 35000 at a cost of several million pounds the club will reduce prices to fill the seats - unless we want to go out of business I think not. McNally has shown what business sense he has and he is quite right to say that we will not increase the capacity to 35000 until it can be justified. Those who wont pay this years prices please remember this club has run at a huge loss by not being commercially minded. We cant have it both ways it is either a successfull club with money to spend or a bankrupt club that fills the ground every week but has everyone moaning we have sold our best players and bought rubbish and appointed a cheap option as manager. The strange thing will be sell out every week and there will be money if needed in January dont sell out every week then we wont be spending in January and then we wont be selling out towards the end of the season as these extra 10000 that people claimed we would get every week wont want to come and pay to watch a mid table championship team. I say support Mr McNally as he only has the success of this club in mind. The previous way saw us in league 1 and alsmost in administration. Trust me as a family we give up a lot of things such as a holiday abroad each year as Norwich City is our passion.

Those who decide to watch the game in the pub and spend £30 there instead remeber the pub lanlord wont be passing the money back to our club so they can invest in new players.       

[/quote]We have sold more than half of the casusal tickets avaliable, looking at the online ticket sales there doesn''t look to be much over a thousand tickets left and I''d imagine half of them will probably sell in the next couple of days. I''d imagine the attendance will be in the region of 25500 which for a Friday night tv match is very good. Had this game been on a Saturday afternoon I have no doubts it would have been a sell out.  It is far to early to say whether the Swansea game will sell or not but I''d be surprised if there are many tickets left especially if we get off to a decent start.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]
We have sold more than half of the casusal tickets avaliable, looking at the online ticket sales there doesn''t look to be much over a thousand tickets left and I''d imagine half of them will probably sell in the next couple of days. I''d imagine the attendance will be in the region of 25500 which for a Friday night tv match is very good. Had this game been on a Saturday afternoon I have no doubts it would have been a sell out. 
It is far to early to say whether the Swansea game will sell or not but I''d be surprised if there are many tickets left especially if we get off to a decent start.
[/quote]

Dont disagree with your point, what I am saying is would we really have sold anymore if it would have been £25 per ticket and do we really need a capicity of 35000. This ground thing only seems to come up with success or PL football, at other times I reckon we will get the same crowd as we have always got. If we sell all our casual tickets this would net an extra £30k ie 5000 x £6.  If we finish up with 1000 tickets left we still make more money than last years prices thats without the extra revenue from additional seaon tickets. Most of our prices are still cheaper than most. Work that out over a season and it wont be far off the extra budget Paul Lambert has. Sell out every game and he will be given more money in January.  

We have actually often had disapointing crowds the first couple of home games- so many people are on holiday or watching the pennies because of recent or impending holidays.

The ticket pricing structure could have a few ''tactical'' reasons applied.Charging this much for away fans could lead to less of a demand for away tickets from travelling clubs. Result? Less stewarding? More seats available for City fans, where there is a demand?Charging home fans more could lead to two choices for ''casual'' City fans. 1. Don''t go, and the ticket will be available for somebody else. 2. More fans applying to ''save'' money by applying for season tickets next season (when I''m sure there will be a higher capacity).

[quote user="simo86"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="simo86"]my god its like 6 quid more then last year............how tight are you people? i bet half of you who complained smoke and drink and think nothing of that!! But this extra revune could help our club immensely, look at signings we made so far. if we want that continue we need money!!! i wish people would just stop moaning and be happy for a long time we have what looks like a good team and without a doubt a great manager in the making[/quote]A/ Are you on the dole or on a very low income?B/ Do you have a family to support?If you answer yes to both, I think you will find the extra £6 is an absolute clincher old cocker.[/quote] no i am not a bum i work for a living[/quote]So, by your reckoning, everyone that is out of work is a bum? Lovely, caring attitude you have there Simo!

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]We have sold more than half of the casusal tickets avaliable, looking at the online ticket sales there doesn''t look to be much over a thousand tickets left and I''d imagine half of them will probably sell in the next couple of days. I''d imagine the attendance will be in the region of 25500 which for a Friday night tv match is very good. Had this game been on a Saturday afternoon I have no doubts it would have been a sell out.  It is far to early to say whether the Swansea game will sell or not but I''d be surprised if there are many tickets left especially if we get off to a decent start.[/quote]

Dont disagree with your point, what I am saying is would we really have sold anymore if it would have been £25 per ticket and do we really need a capicity of 35000. This ground thing only seems to come up with success or PL football, at other times I reckon we will get the same crowd as we have always got. If we sell all our casual tickets this would net an extra £30k ie 5000 x £6.  If we finish up with 1000 tickets left we still make more money than last years prices thats without the extra revenue from additional seaon tickets. Most of our prices are still cheaper than most. Work that out over a season and it wont be far off the extra budget Paul Lambert has. Sell out every game and he will be given more money in January.  

[/quote]I think we would have sold a few more if tickets were cheaper,  the fact that people have the option of watching it on tv obviouslydoesn''t help and I''m sure Watford would have sold another 500 tickets if it was a Saturday game.  Had it have been Leeds or Ipswich we would have sold out a couple of weeks ago irrespective of the price of the tickets and could probably sell 30k for a game against either of them even if it was on tv. It will be interesting to see how quickly the Ipswich game sells out in November with it being on the BBC nd the tickets being even more expensive.If we get to the prem I would say that we definitely need a 35k capacity but 30k would be more than enough for the Championship.  I''ve been in CR with over 37k during the seventies and I''m sure we have more fans than we had back then, I''m sure those kind of figures could be replicated in the prem against the bigger clubs if we were to get there and increase capacity.

KDNCFC - well I am a super member and paid 29.00 and that was going to the castle mall to collect them so did not pay the extra 1.50 for me telephoning them (which is scandalous) so don''t know where your 27.00 comes from for members - it seems to me that this club is once again trying to fleece the supporters in regards paying for entry to the open day and these extra charges for telephoning and buying online. 

[quote user="Bomber"]KDNCFC - well I am a super member and paid 29.00 and that was going to the castle mall to collect them so did not pay the extra 1.50 for me telephoning them (which is scandalous) so don''t know where your 27.00 comes from for members - it seems to me that this club is once again trying to fleece the supporters in regards paying for entry to the open day and these extra charges for telephoning and buying online. [/quote]Where are your tickets bomber? If you go on the offy site and click on tickets it lists the Watford game as grade A and the pricing for grade A says from  twenty seven pounds which I took to be in the Barclay and N + P. Jarrold and City stand central areas will be more expensive.

"If you go on the offy site and click on tickets it lists the Watford game as grade A and the pricing for grade A says from  twenty seven pounds which I took to be in the Barclay and N + P. Jarrold and City stand central areas will be more expensive."

Well according to the ticket office, my seat in the upper N & P, area Q is £30..as my friend who is borrowing my grandad''s season ticket has to pay £18 extra on top of an over 60s season ticket, as according to them..the season ticket works out at £12 a game and as they have scrapped under 21 tickets, so she has to pay the difference for an adults ticket which would be £18 extra

I am sorry but if this game is not sold out that is a travesty. First game of the year and yes that it is why its a Grade A game. It is how they do it here in America too...First game is always a Prime Game well they call it Platinum but same thing and you are complaining about $31 that is not bad for a nationally televised game and first game of the year. And we expect to sell games out once we get to the Premiership and with a bigger stadium. I am sorry but 31 is nothing for the first game of the year. The first game always has electricity to it where everyone has a chance. Stadiums here have no less than 45,000 and are alwaysssss sold out and look at baseball. A game played every day for 7 months and mlb average is 30,000 a game and there is 162 games a year and every game is on tv also....My god Norwich Fans whine whine whineeeee and we can''t get 27,000 for the first game after all the success last year.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I am sorry but if this game is not sold out that is a travesty. First game of the year and yes that it is why its a Grade A game. It is how they do it here in America too...First game is always a Prime Game well they call it Platinum but same thing and you are complaining about $31 that is not bad for a nationally televised game and first game of the year. And we expect to sell games out once we get to the Premiership and with a bigger stadium. I am sorry but 31 is nothing for the first game of the year. The first game always has electricity to it where everyone has a chance. Stadiums here have no less than 45,000 and are alwaysssss sold out and look at baseball. A game played every day for 7 months and mlb average is 30,000 a game and there is 162 games a year and every game is on tv also....My god Norwich Fans whine whine whineeeee and we can''t get 27,000 for the first game after all the success last year.[/quote]

baseball''s $hit

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I am sorry but if this game is not sold out that is a travesty. First game of the year and yes that it is why its a Grade A game. It is how they do it here in America too...First game is always a Prime Game well they call it Platinum but same thing and you are complaining about $31 that is not bad for a nationally televised game and first game of the year. And we expect to sell games out once we get to the Premiership and with a bigger stadium. I am sorry but 31 is nothing for the first game of the year. The first game always has electricity to it where everyone has a chance. Stadiums here have no less than 45,000 and are alwaysssss sold out and look at baseball. A game played every day for 7 months and mlb average is 30,000 a game and there is 162 games a year and every game is on tv also....My god Norwich Fans whine whine whineeeee and we can''t get 27,000 for the first game after all the success last year.[/quote]

erm.. there are 300+ million yanks!

Yessss and they all live in the same city don''t they? So what they have 260 million compared to Britains 60 million. 1/4th the population

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Yessss and they all live in the same city don''t they? So what they have 260 million compared to Britains 60 million. 1/4th the population
[/quote]

Yeah, and 250 million Americans probably think that England, is the bloke who plays Freddie Krueger....

Hmmm ok Right now America actually respect Britain right now for being America''s Puppet during the invasion of Iraq. Look the point is this game should be sold out no matter what.

Not that we were ever going to bring that many but know its put even more off coming..

Afterall people will feel better spending £31 in a pub etc watching you lot batter us!

Blurboy what has baseball got to do with any of this? It''s a different sport played in a different country, look at your MLS league, they strugle to get over 15,000 for any game. The reason why average attendances in Amerrica are so high is because of those giant fruit bowl stadiums along with the fact the USA has a population of over 300m people. And in comparison the ticket prices are cheaper, i.e you wouldn''t pay £31 for a second division match.

When did MLS become the Nations Game like football is to us? Football always sold out, Hockey usually always sold out Baseball 75% Capacity on Average in a 45,000 Stadium for 162 games a year. This is still Norwich''s first game of the year. This should be sold out.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m still going, but I still think £31.00 is quite a lot of money - so I''m going to bite a corner off my season-ticket as a protest....

[/quote]

Well it should taste good.

At £50 a pop for it''s replacement caviar must be cheaper than that little piece of plastic.

Maybe if you sweet talk those lovelies in the ticket office they''ll only charge you £37.50 as you''ll still have three-quarters of it left......

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]True, but there is a sweetener here in the £100,000 or whatever it is that the TV company lobs our way.

Just get out there and support the boys.  Lots of people probably away at the moment but a good start to the season and tickets will be like gold dust. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This Friday the same night as our game you can go to the Threatre Royal and watch a Michael Jackson tribute show(Jesus not even the real thing for obvious reasons) for £28.50.I wonder how many have complained about that?

£31 to see the real thing or £28.50 for an impersonator.No brainer.

[/quote]

1) If there was a forum for Michael Jackson tribute fans, you can bet there would be complaints on there about ticket prices.

2) Comparing these two is irrelevant. Someone who likes Michael Jackson but who hates football would have been at the theatre last week rather than Carrow Road. To them that would have been a "no brainer".

3) As in your other illogical posts, you seem to think that because you can find something somewhere else that costs more, that justifies our own rip-off prices. Following your logic through, you presuambly think that a season ticket at Chelsea is brilliant value because it''s cheaper than a holiday in California.