Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Will we sell out on Friday night or is £31 putting people off?

[quote user="cityangel"]How does the grading work then, thought Ipswich, Borough, Leeds would be Grade A but Watford must be most people''s choice for a bottom 8 finish?[/quote]

Would you like me to ask that nice Mr.Gough? I will put the response on the NCISA website.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="cityangel"]How does the grading work then, thought Ipswich, Borough, Leeds would be Grade A but Watford must be most people''s choice for a bottom 8 finish?[/quote]

Would you like me to ask that nice Mr.Gough? I will put the response on the NCISA website.

[/quote]

Yes please, that would be interesting to know, could you also raise my previous question re buy back refunds and how if you''ve renewed you st for 3  years you have to wait 3 years to get your £10 refund. Thanks Tilly.

Can we leave questions on the NCISA website yet, will save us using this site for that?

It''s probably Grade A due to Watford being seen as only "just down the road", plus with it being holiday season and indeed the first game of the season there will be additional demand as well, so makes sense by the laws of supply and demand to milk it.

As noted in the discussion above, the price of £31 quoted here is a bit of a misnomer.  You can get tickets for less than that in other parts of the ground.  You pay £31 for the peace & quiet in the Jarrold, don''t you?

I don''t think people can claim our ticket prices to be ''outrageous''. First game of the season is normally one of the most expensive, and we''ve had exceptionally cheap tickets for years now. If anything we''re just making up for the £100,000''s of lost revenue from selling our tickets too cheap! 

[quote user="cityangel"]How does the grading work then, thought Ipswich, Borough, Leeds would be Grade A but Watford must be most people''s choice for a bottom 8 finish?[/quote]I think it''s a complete mystery to everyone how the grading system works, CA.I''d expect the Club to '' Grade A '' the matches for the three relegated Premier League teams together with any local derbies and other teams where we have a bit of '' history '', ie, Leeds and Leicester. I can''t remember how the Colchester game was graded last season but it must have been '' A ''.Until someone reminded me the other day I''d also forgotten that towards the end of the season we started to sneak in a few '' A+ '' games which in my opinion goes against the spirit of League ticket pricing which is supposedly set out before the season starts. Apart from occasional juicy FA Cup ties against one of the giants I don''t think there''s any real justification for moving the goal posts as you go along. It just smacks of money-grabbing. Leeds was one such game.Although many of us on here are season ticket holders so won''t be affected casual supporters may need to be prepared to pay a bit more should we be fortunate enough to be sniffing around the top six towards the end of this season.

Just found this on a watford forum, seems they are not that impressed with the ''a'' grade pricing and have emailed Richard Gough, this is his response, i think he is finding it hard to justify the pricing.

Good afternoon Dan

Many thanks for the email and for taking the time to contact us with your thoughts on the pricing for our forthcoming match.

I am pleased to read that you will be making your way to Carrow Road for the match and hope that you enjoy your trip. Regarding the pricing, I do understand your points you have raised in relation to travelling distance and the match being switched to a Friday but would argue that the view and facilities you will get sitting in the Jarrold Stand as an away supporter are extremely good. I believe that the prices for tickets in these seats do represent good value for what should be an exciting start to the season for both clubs. Throughout the season we will have a mix of grades of matches, some A''s, B''s and C''s with prices that range in wing seats from £23 to £33 for adults and £9 to £16 for under 12s, our match is an A-grade and tickets are therefore £31 for adults.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for but would like to thank you once again for your thoughts and suggestions. If I can be of any further assistance with this or any other matter please do not hesitate to contact me on my direct line (01603 218713).

Regards

Richard

Richard Gough
Customer Services Manager
Norwich City Football Club

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]

It would be a massive shame not to fill the ground given the extra capacilty that has been added and the fact that the game is the curtain raiser for the entire football league.

Also, if Watford is categorised as a grade A game there can''t be many games that will be grade B.

[/quote]

its the 1st game of the season though, which will add a grade or two! If it was during november - february it would have been grade c maybe?

[quote user="newboy"]

Just found this on a watford forum, seems they are not that impressed with the ''a'' grade pricing and have emailed Richard Gough, this is his response, i think he is finding it hard to justify the pricing.

Good afternoon DanMany thanks for the email and for taking the time to contact us with your thoughts on the pricing for our forthcoming match.I am pleased to read that you will be making your way to Carrow Road for the match and hope that you enjoy your trip. Regarding the pricing, I do understand your points you have raised in relation to travelling distance and the match being switched to a Friday but would argue that the view and facilities you will get sitting in the Jarrold Stand as an away supporter are extremely good. I believe that the prices for tickets in these seats do represent good value for what should be an exciting start to the season for both clubs. Throughout the season we will have a mix of grades of matches, some A''s, B''s and C''s with prices that range in wing seats from £23 to £33 for adults and £9 to £16 for under 12s, our match is an A-grade and tickets are therefore £31 for adults.I am sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for but would like to thank you once again for your thoughts and suggestions. If I can be of any further assistance with this or any other matter please do not hesitate to contact me on my direct line (01603 218713).RegardsRichard

Richard GoughCustomer Services ManagerNorwich City Football Club

[/quote]

This appeared on another thread about prices for the Watford game, newboy, but thanks for putting it up again.

It''s a fairly standard reply - it''s nice to see he got one as some clubs wouldn''t bother - but no mention is made of the fact that the game is live on TV which should affect ticket prices.

If I was a Hornets fan I''d be pretty miffed at being asked to pay £31. Presumably that adult price attracts a reduction if you are a juvenile or OAP but if that adult price applies to the whole Jarrold Stand then there must also be plenty of casual City fans in the wings who are being asked to pay considerably more this time than they would have done for a game last season against relegation tipped opposition.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="newboy"]

Good afternoon DanMany thanks for the email and for taking the time to contact us with your thoughts on the pricing for our forthcoming match.I am pleased to read that you will be making your way to Carrow Road for the match and hope that you enjoy your trip. Regarding the pricing, I do understand your points you have raised in relation to travelling distance and the match being switched to a Friday but would argue that the view and facilities you will get sitting in the Jarrold Stand as an away supporter are extremely good. I believe that the prices for tickets in these seats do represent good value for what should be an exciting start to the season for both clubs. Throughout the season we will have a mix of grades of matches, some A''s, B''s and C''s with prices that range in wing seats from £23 to £33 for adults and £9 to £16 for under 12s, our match is an A-grade and tickets are therefore £31 for adults.I am sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for but would like to thank you once again for your thoughts and suggestions. If I can be of any further assistance with this or any other matter please do not hesitate to contact me on my direct line (01603 218713).RegardsRichard

Richard GoughCustomer Services ManagerNorwich City Football Club

[/quote]

This appeared on another thread about prices for the Watford game, newboy, but thanks for putting it up again.

It''s a fairly standard reply - it''s nice to see he got one as some clubs wouldn''t bother - but no mention is made of the fact that the game is live on TV which should affect ticket prices.

If I was a Hornets fan I''d be pretty miffed at being asked to pay £31. Presumably that adult price attracts a reduction if you are a juvenile or OAP but if that adult price applies to the whole Jarrold Stand then there must also be plenty of casual City fans in the wings who are being asked to pay considerably more this time than they would have done for a game last season against relegation tipped opposition.

[/quote]£31 plus a £1.50 booking fee = £32.50.I can feed my family for half a week for that.

They have also stopped the under 21 tickets this season, so those who are not under 16 have to pay full adult price and when this is £31 it is not hard to see why we are not sold out yet

[quote user="Brendo "]I understand that there is many a reason why the attendance will he hampered, but our fans need to wake up and smell the cheese if they think we could get 40,000
[/quote]

You are talking sphericle hairy objects! ...I know of 3 mates,one with his gf who has now got into NCFC,wouldve got season tickets,if they could sit near us..as it is,there wasnt a space of 7 seats together..Now im sure this isnt the only case..And talking to people at work, a few go as and when they can get seats near us or othe people they know,which isnt often...If we had a 40/50 thou stadia,and held season tickets at 25/30 thou at the most,and the rest for people who want to go when they can,im more than confident,just by knowing those 2 probs....

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Balham Yellow"]

It would be a massive shame not to fill the ground given the extra capacilty that has been added and the fact that the game is the curtain raiser for the entire football league.

Also, if Watford is categorised as a grade A game there can''t be many games that will be grade B.

[/quote]

I''ve been looking round alot of the leagues web pages and what I have seen is most of them are going to be around £28- £30, for opening Matches, and as well as that seems many matches are grade A, so not many matches next season are going to be priced lower than £25, So when asked am I glad I renewed my S/T for £34 a month, Too right    

[/quote]

By one game in may, £34 will seem quite expensive! [;)]

Although it is clearly not a "grade A" fixture I can just about understand it for watford with it being the first game of the season.

What i don''t understand is why Swansea is also a Grade A fixture.

It does beg the question what won''t be if those two are!

[quote user="simo86"]my god its like 6 quid more then last year............how tight are you people? i bet half of you who complained smoke and drink and think nothing of that!! But this extra revune could help our club immensely, look at signings we made so far. if we want that continue we need money!!! i wish people would just stop moaning and be happy for a long time we have what looks like a good team and without a doubt a great manager in the making[/quote]A/ Are you on the dole or on a very low income?B/ Do you have a family to support?If you answer yes to both, I think you will find the extra £6 is an absolute clincher old cocker.

I wonder how many people complaining about the price of tickets on this thread already have tickets that didn''t cost them anything like £30? I''m also mystified by folk who are leaving it ''til now to buy a ticket. If I had to give up my season ticket for any reason the very first thing I would do would be get super-membership to make sure I could get tickets for the games I could afford. I think tickets for Barnsley are on sale now to Super Members priced at £24. People leaving it ''til now to buy tickets will inevitably get the scraps and pay a high price for them.

It does seem some people love a good old mooooooaaaaaaaannnnn [:''(]

I reckon if we don''t sell out then it''s those new seats that will be left. That''ll make Tangie happy[;)] The money could have been spent on more footballers wages.. put football first I tell ye[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wonder how many people complaining about the price of tickets on this thread already have tickets that didn''t cost them anything like £30? I''m also mystified by folk who are leaving it ''til now to buy a ticket. If I had to give up my season ticket for any reason the very first thing I would do would be get super-membership to make sure I could get tickets for the games I could afford. I think tickets for Barnsley are on sale now to Super Members priced at £24. People leaving it ''til now to buy tickets will inevitably get the scraps and pay a high price for them.

[/quote]A super membership costs £17.50 so if you go to 10 games it is costing an extra £1.70 per game. Add the cost of the ticket (£31) and a booking fee (£1.50) and the real cost is £34.50.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A super membership costs £17.50 so if you go to 10 games it is costing an extra £1.70 per game. Add the cost of the ticket (£31) and a booking fee (£1.50) and the real cost is £34.50.
[/quote]

All I was sayin'' was that if I could no longer afford my season ticket I would get super membership for £17.50 and then go to the games I could afford to go to. There''s one coming up with tickets available at £24. If I could afford to go to all the games I would of course keep my season ticket. If I wasn''t bothered whether I went or not I wouldn''t make any provision to ensure I got tickets and just pay whatever it costs when the fancy took me. That''s what I would do but maybe other folk are different.

Tom - have you got membership or super membership or do you just take a chance when the fancy takes you to go?

Why oh why all the complaints?

1) We are in the championship not the 1st div, 2) Investment in increasing stadium capacity 3) Financial support for Mr Lambert to strengthen the squad with what looks like quality signings in areas we were vulnerable,

Moan about lack of ambition and investment, moan about paying towards it when given it!

To all of those who witnessed the demise of this club in recent years, no investment, no ambition, and no leadership from the board, no quality manager and now people are moaning about contribution to rectify this.

SHAME ON YOU,

How many of you marched in protest before and after games when Worthington, Roedor, Gunn, Grant etc were producing garbage and now are moaning about contribution to support arguably our best manager in recent years

SHAME ON YOU,

How many of you did not take up the refund on season tickets when relegated (to support the club financially) and are now moaning,

SHAME ON YOU,

All the above actions were because of individual’s love of the club so why moan now, for those of you who did not support any of the above and are moaning then pay and go and watch your team or don’t and save £31. Simple as that!

For gods sake it’s a business not a charity!

I for one had to make a tough decision financially to renew or not, and I count myself very lucky I have but other things had to be sacrificed.

Freedom of choice people! Take it or leave it!

PS: 6% increase on season tickets this year i believe and not one post to complain.

This Friday the same night as our game you can go to the Threatre Royal and watch a Michael Jackson tribute show(Jesus not even the real thing for obvious reasons) for £28.50.I wonder how many have complained about that?

£31 to see the real thing or £28.50 for an impersonator.No brainer.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This Friday the same night as our game you can go to the Threatre Royal and watch a Michael Jackson tribute show(Jesus not even the real thing for obvious reasons) for £28.50.I wonder how many have complained about that?

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

Common sense prevails! [:)]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

I''d probably pay £31 to see the real thing. They were brilliant in their day and have stood the test of time. I still play this now and folk love it[Y]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1iDKkZNYU

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

I dare not give my personal views on what i am reading on some of these threads CharlieFarlie as the NCISA Official Policy brigade would be on my case.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

I''d probably pay £31 to see the real thing. They were brilliant in their day and have stood the test of time. I still play this now and folk love it[Y]

[/quote]

3 biggest hits all Norwich related then Nutty, Can you feel the force ( on my bank account ) , you to me are everything ( unless it costs £31 ) , Cant get by without you ( charging me £31)[:)]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]Harrahhh TIL1010 , Common sense prevails! [:)][/quote]Never thought I''d see "Tilly" and "common sense" in the same post!

Thankfully, opinions and posts on here are are his personally and nothing to do with NCISA.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Yeah, but that show''s bad.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

I dare not give my personal views on what i am reading on some of these threads CharlieFarlie as the NCISA Official Policy brigade would be on my case.

[/quote]

Undoutably TILL , So I did !

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]Harrahhh TIL1010 , Common sense prevails! [:)][/quote]Never thought I''d see "Tilly" and "common sense" in the same post!

Thankfully, opinions and posts on here are are his personally and nothing to do with NCISA.[;)]

[/quote]

You would never see me on the same post as you Lapp because you would pee all over my shoes.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

[/quote]

3 biggest hits all Norwich related then Nutty, Can you feel the force ( on my bank account ) , you to me are everything ( unless it costs £31 ) , Cant get by without you ( charging me £31)[:)]

[/quote]

I like it Charlie[Y]

And the "Can you feel the force" lyrics sum up the mood of the fans : -

[8]You can see a change in people''s attitudes
Looking to the future in much brighter moods
There''s a message clearly written in the sky
Time to change and soon we''ll all be flying high

Whoo oo oo ooo Can you feel the force?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Harrahhh TIL1010 ,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I like it Charlie[Y]

And the "Can you feel the force" lyrics sum up the mood of the fans : -

[8]You can see a change in people''s attitudes
Looking to the future in much brighter moods
There''s a message clearly written in the sky
Time to change and soon we''ll all be flying high

Whoo oo oo ooo Can you feel the force?

[/quote]

Cheers Nutty, I thought I should finish on a lighter note after my rant ! Also posted alternative pre match music ( money related )

[:)]