Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Will we sell out on Friday night or is £31 putting people off?

It would be a massive shame not to fill the ground given the extra capacilty that has been added and the fact that the game is the curtain raiser for the entire football league.

Also, if Watford is categorised as a grade A game there can''t be many games that will be grade B.

There are a few reasons why it will not be a sell out, i expect it to be around 24000. Because its on a friday night, many people will be on holiday at this time of year, its on tv, plus, i remember reading, this will sound strange, but living in such a rural county farmers etc will be working their fields at this time of year aswell. crowds will pick up in a few weeks, but having said that 24000 is still pretty good in this league!

I reckon it will be as good as sold out, though there may be a few empty seats due to season ticket holders who live too far away to travel on a friday.1st game of season always has a good turnout and I`m sure Watford will bring a few

If you look behind the green blocks though there are very few seats actually left. Looks like they have just released the new rows at the fronts of the stands as in most blocks they are the only seats left. The away block which we are now selling has almost sold out now and it was only released last week..

I would be confident of over 25,000

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Watford have been given 900 seats. Still lots of green blocks on the online ticketing page....[/quote]Last season my mates and I bought our tickets per match. Sadly, one has subsequently been made redundant and the other is a self employed guy who has been having a v tough time work wise… money tight etc.£31 makes it a no-brainer and so i shall be watching it on tv at the pub with both of them… I don''t think as our triumverate we will be attending too many games at those prices, it''s just not feasible.

Rumour has it that some shrewd folk who paid the £1 entry fee on the ''Open Day'' are still hiding somewhere inside the stadium......

Apparently, they''ve been living on scraps from the restaurants and drinking rainwater (it''s apparently the same stuff that''s sold in the plastic beer bottles in the refreshment concourses).

And these shrewd folk are waiting for Friday evening to see where the empty seats are.....before sliding innocuously into them to watch the game for a £1.

That''s initiative and enterprise taking a swipe at aggressive club marketing.....The board and Mr Mac? That''ll learn ''em!

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]

It would be a massive shame not to fill the ground given the extra capacilty that has been added and the fact that the game is the curtain raiser for the entire football league.

Also, if Watford is categorised as a grade A game there can''t be many games that will be grade B.

[/quote]

I''ve been looking round alot of the leagues web pages and what I have seen is most of them are going to be around £28- £30, for opening Matches, and as well as that seems many matches are grade A, so not many matches next season are going to be priced lower than £25, So when asked am I glad I renewed my S/T for £34 a month, Too right    

With the capaciy at 27k even if there is a thousand unsold seats there should be in the region of 25500 and looking at the online ticketing there doesn''t look to be much more than a thousand left and there''s still 3 days to go. Still a very good crowd considering it''s on tv.

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]

[/quote]Just had a look at the Swansea ticket details and that is also a grade A game.

I understand that there is many a reason why the attendance will he hampered, but our fans need to wake up and smell the cheese if they think we could get 40,000

Say for example there is one thousand empty seats on friday night, it would still be a good crowd and probably one of the biggest over the weekend. 

[quote user="Brendo "]I understand that there is many a reason why the attendance will he hampered, but our fans need to wake up and smell the cheese if they think we could get 40,000[/quote]

Agreed

As soon as you hit the £30 mark people (quite rightly so) start to raise eyebrows, especially when you make watford and swansea grade A...

You can always say people are on holiday, its a friday night, it''s on sky and yes this will play a slight impact but I can guarentee if the tickets were £25 it would have been a sell out by now. I imagine a fair few rang up wanting to go but when told £31 they replied ''thanks, but no thanks''..

From the clubs point of view, the demand was there, the club and fans were on a high, its the best time to sting the prices, but if we start poorly this could backfire..

It won''t sell out but I think, looking at the online ticketing that we''ll get close to our biggest ever crowd since becoming all seater cause we will could get more than 25550!

The prices are excessive. I wouldn''t pay £31 to stand in that cramped away end at Vicarage Road so its unfair to ask Watford fans to pay that Carrow Road regardless of the fact our grounds better than theirs!

The club needed to increase prices but some of their new money maing schemes are going to alienate fans. No refunds at the box office isn''t good, £50 to replace a lost ST is ridiculous, £10 for kids to watch meaningless friendlies is to much just like £31 to watch Division 2 football in standard areas!

We could of sold 30-35,000 every home game last time around in the Premiership and the club have said this as well, but keep on bumping up the prices and ground capacity increases will not become neccessary!

At the moment us season ticket holders are feeling rather smug at the prices being charged now but I feel we could be in for a bit of a shock come renewal time in Jan or Feb.

40,00 tickets is it now? Hey why not turn those extra 5,000 tickets into 15,000 and make it a round 50,00 ;)

Before the Prem season Goss told me the club reckoned they could fill a 32,000 seater stadium, it''''s not inconceivable that in the 5 or so years since that this number would of increased by 3,000.

Davo

It`s not inconceivable that we went up this season we would be able to sell 32,000 tickets even at £50 a go because all the Johny come Cardiffs would come back out of the woodwork claiming to be life long City fans.

Is Friday''s game a grade A because it''s Watford, or just because it''s the first one of a new season?Coming down from Nottingham it involves quite a bit of petrol cost, and a programme and maybe something to eat as well, makes it up to about £60 to £70 for each home  game.Luckily we have a few away games in the East Midlands/ South Yorkshire area this season, so I think I will be mainly going to those.

[quote user="The Lord"]As soon as you hit the £30 mark people (quite rightly so) start to raise eyebrows, especially when you make watford and swansea grade A...

You can always say people are on holiday, its a friday night, it''s on sky and yes this will play a slight impact but I can guarentee if the tickets were £25 it would have been a sell out by now. I imagine a fair few rang up wanting to go but when told £31 they replied ''thanks, but no thanks''..

From the clubs point of view, the demand was there, the club and fans were on a high, its the best time to sting the prices, but if we start poorly this could backfire..[/quote]I agree about the £30 barrier. It''s a step too far for me so sadly I will end up going to far fewer games.

Tickets for the Watford game are twenty seven pounds for members and twenty nine for non members, the only tickets that break the thirty pound barrier are in the central areas of the Jarrold and City stands and in the Watford section. I have a season ticket this year but was a casual fan last season and I paid twenty seven quid in the upper Barclay for Hartlepool and thirty two quid in the same place for the Leeds game in a lower league so I don''t really see that the prices are any worse than last year all things considered..

its definately put me off i''m a regular casual and  did 17 games last year but if £31 is going to be the norm i won''t be going to as many .. at the end of the day its division 2 football and £31 is outrageous  [:@]

my god its like 6 quid more then last year............how tight are you people? i bet half of you who complained smoke and drink and think nothing of that!! But this extra revune could help our club immensely, look at signings we made so far. if we want that continue we need money!!! i wish people would just stop moaning and be happy for a long time we have what looks like a good team and without a doubt a great manager in the making

[quote user="pennywise "]its definately put me off i''m a regular casual and  did 17 games last year but if £31 is going to be the norm i won''t be going to as many .. at the end of the day its division 2 football and £31 is outrageous  [:@][/quote]

If you did 17, why didn''t you get a season ticket last or this season? Even if you miss 6 games it''s prob cheaper!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="pennywise "]its definately put me off i''m a regular casual and  did 17 games last year but if £31 is going to be the norm i won''t be going to as many .. at the end of the day its division 2 football and £31 is outrageous  [:@][/quote] If you did 17, why didn''t you get a season ticket last or this season? Even if you miss 6 games it''s prob cheaper![/quote]

because i don''t know my shift pattern for the next year until november/december  and  could end up working weekends of home games [:D]

It certainly wont be a terrible crowd. We''re guaranteed 25,550 season ticket holders who I assume (but please correct me if I am wrong) are counted among the attendance anyway. Regardless of it being on Sky if you have a season ticket and have therefore already paid you might as well go unless travelling from a very long way. Plus we''re going to get around 800 or so from Watford I would imagine. So we will get pretty near to the 27,000 mark for Friday night no problems before any casual trade is thrown in.

But I agree the club needs to be careful with these ticket prices. I don''t want us becoming like Leeds United. I gave some mates who are Leeds fans serious stick for only getting around the 20,000 mark when we came to play them. But when I was told tickets were £35 (I assumed that was me as an away fan getting ripped off) and up to £45 in certain parts of the ground it was hardly surprising.

[quote user="pennywise "]its definately put me off i''m a regular casual and  did 17 games last year but if £31 is going to be the norm i won''t be going to as many .. at the end of the day its division 2 football and £31 is outrageous  [:@][/quote]

Makes my £34 a month D/D look an absolute bargan, already I''m in proffit, but on a serious note, I couldn''t go to every home match if I didn''t have a S/T and if the D/D scheme was dumped the club would probably struggle to sell above perhaps 10 or 12.000, and many fans have the club to be thankful  for  having this method of payment, take a look around the whole of the F/L we are the envy of a whole lot of fans.

How does the grading work then, thought Ipswich, Borough, Leeds would be Grade A but Watford must be most people''s choice for a bottom 8 finish?