Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

POINTS GUESS FOR THE FIRST SIX GAMES

We are, as has been pointed out, poor starters.

We are crap on Sky......usually.

But, would you want your players going into the season with anything less than a positive attitude?

The first six games cannot win you the league or get you relegated but they can seriously shape the rest of the season.

My prediction is four wins and two draws. 14 points from 18 and above the ideal 2 per game.

I really expect us to hit the ground running this time and with some winnable games to start.

Watford (H) - 3-0 winScunthorpe (A) - 1-2 winSwansea (H) - 2-1 winNotts Forest (A) - 3-1 lossBarnsley (H) - 2-0 winDoncaster (A) - 2-2 drawYes, optimistic but we will do it!13 points out of 18!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]38!We''ll get two bonus points for style...... [Y][/quote]I could be wrong, but 6 points per game is quite high?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]38!

We''ll get two bonus points for style...... [Y]
[/quote]I could be wrong, but 6 points per game is quite high?
[/quote]no its the one rule NPower were allowed to add for this season [y]

14 points? Seriously? Seriously?! I''d snap your arm off for 10 points from the first 6 games.

[quote user="Brendo "]Watford (H) - 3-0 winScunthorpe (A) - 1-2 winSwansea (H) - 2-1 winNotts Forest (A) - 3-1 lossBarnsley (H) - 2-0 winDoncaster (A) - 2-2 drawYes, optimistic but we will do it!13 points out of 18! [/quote]

Think you''re spot on their Brendo. I wouldn''t mind a point at Forest and a win at Donny but 13 out of 18 would be a great start.

[quote user="Largey"]14 points? Seriously? Seriously?! I''d snap your arm off for 10 points from the first 6 games.[/quote]Normally yeah, but with home games agaist Barnsley, Watford (two likely to go down), and Swansea why aren''t that good. And an away game with Scunthorpe (again, likely to fail) I would be surprised if we didn''t win at least 3.

[quote user="Largey"]14 points? Seriously? Seriously?! I''d snap your arm off for 10 points from the first 6 games.[/quote]

yo ucan try, but i dont have arms [y]

Watford - 2-0 win

Scunny - 1-1 win

Swansea - 1-1 draw

Notts forest - 2-1 loss

Barnsley - 2-1 win

Doncaster - 2-2 draw

11 points after 6 would be a great return, and set us up nicely for the season.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Watford - 2-0 win Scunny - 1-1 win Swansea - 1-1 draw Notts forest - 2-1 loss Barnsley - 2-1 win Doncaster - 2-2 draw 11 points after 6 would be a great return, and set us up nicely for the season.[/quote]

explain...[;)]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Watford - 2-0 win

Scunny - 1-1 win

Swansea - 1-1 draw

Notts forest - 2-1 loss

Barnsley - 2-1 win

Doncaster - 2-2 draw

11 points after 6 would be a great return, and set us up nicely for the season.[/quote]You mean 1-0 win against Scunny?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="UEA Canary"]Watford - 2-0 win Scunny - 1-1 win Swansea - 1-1 draw Notts forest - 2-1 loss Barnsley - 2-1 win Doncaster - 2-2 draw 11 points after 6 would be a great return, and set us up nicely for the season.[/quote]You mean 1-0 win against Scunny?
[/quote]

no, he means it  like the USA beat england 1-1 lol.

Are you American (1-1 win!)

Anyway _ say:

Watford Win 3-1

Scunny Win 1-0

Swansea Win 3-2

Forest Lose 0-2

Barnsley Win 1-0

Doncaster Lose 1-2

So 12 points from 6 games, which I would be delighted with!

Tough to call. looking at the fixtures I would be disappointed with less than 9 points. I think all the home games plus Scunny and Doncaster away are winnable but by the same token would also not surprise me if we lost any of them either. People should not assume Barnsley will be pushovers this season. They have made some interesting signings and i think could surprise a few people under Robins. Similarly Swansea will not be easy. only just missed out on the playoffs last year and have not been hugely weakened.

The one thing I do think is that Friday is a really important game to set the tone. Win that and we will go into Scunthorpe full of confidence and may well hit the ground running.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]38!We''ll get two bonus points for style...... [Y][/quote]I could be wrong, but 6 points per game is quite high? [/quote]And THAT my dear friends, is why I use a calculator at work....... [Y]

Ambitiously I think we could get this;

Watford - Win
Scunny - Win
Swansea - Win
Forest - Lose
Barnsley - Win
Doncaster - Draw

That is 13 points which I would be delighted with but, looking at it more realistically/pesimistically it could quite easily be this;

Watford - Win
Scunny - Draw
Swansea - Draw
Forest - Lose
Barnsley - Win
Doncaster - Draw

That is only 9 points but could easily happen.  I would be happy with anything from 10 to 18.

Trying to be as neutral as possible: -Watford (H) - 2-1 winScunthorpe (A) - 1-1 drawSwansea (H) - 1-1 drawNotts Forest (A) - 3-1 lossBarnsley (H) - 2-0 winDoncaster (A) - 2-1 loss8 points for me.

I would be amazed if we got something out of both away games to Donny and Scunny. Belive me, they''ll be tough places to go for any team - especially Doncaster.

I would guess at 8 points too.

By the way - What price for Holty to score against the team who wouldn''t play him in the Championship......

Watford (H) - 3-1 win
Scunthorpe (A) - 2-1 win
Swansea (H) - 1-1 draw
Notts Forest (A) - 3-0 loss
Barnsley (H) - 2-0 win
Doncaster (A) - 2-2 draw

11 points for me, which I would be very happy with TBH

Yes, people seem to forget we spent the last season beating teams in League One, not the Championship. And our away form will still be suspect, naturally. From what I remember - and have seen from keeping an interest in the Championship last season - Swansea and doncaster are decent sides, Notts Forest got to the play-offs so are clearly a good side, our Sky form is poor and Watford will give us a strong game, Scunthorpe away will be tough for anyone as it''s a small stadium, small team, and Barnsley have improved since we last played them.