Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come clean on Holt please.

Thats my message to the club, there are a  few City fans, myself included, who believe the following website''s theory:

www.carrowroad.net

Grant isn''t training, playing friendlies etc, and he''s rated 50-50 for the Watford game, hmm? 

He must be ruddy wereks away from that fitness level that the gaffer demands.

Let us know.........please.

Wiz, the world isn''t going to stop turning just because Grant Holt is injured.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Thats my message to the club, there are a  few City fans, myself included, who believe the following website''s theory:

www.carrowroad.net

Grant isn''t training, playing friendlies etc, and he''s rated 50-50 for the Watford game, hmm? 

[/quote]What do you believe Wiz the Pros and Cons for doing so are for Lambo?Why is it in Lambert''s interest to keep it a secret? Will Watford completely base their game around stopping him? No. Because our play doesn''t start with him, they''ll put their biggest bloke on him for corners and set pieces and whoever is their first choice centre half will be tasked with looking after him.I think they''re not sure how long it will be, as it''s not an out and out definitive injury he has, like Stephen Smith, who they have come out and said what''s wrong, same as they did Ward. "Feeling it in his thigh" or whatever nonsensical Footballism that Lambo came out with (he''s prone to a few but not as embarassingly so as other gaffers we''ve had) doesn''t really lend itself to a date and time for return. And often clubs aren''t able to tell with conviction when a player will be ready.He may not be fully fit until early October because of the full pres seaosn he''s missed. But he played most of last season with a knock. An unfit Holt has proved that he still scores goals and doesn''t break down. Lambert has proven he is willing to risk an unfit Holt.Okay Wiz? That''s enough for now eh? [:)]

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, the world isn''t going to stop turning just because Grant Holt is injured.
[/quote]Maybe morty, but October (which I believe will see his return) doesn''t justify 50-50 tag does it?

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, the world isn''t going to stop turning just because Grant Holt is injured.[/quote]Exactly. City looked great vs Newcastle without Mr Holt in the side. I''m confident that Mr Lambert is drilling the players on how to perform without him in the side. [Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Wiz, the world isn''t going to stop turning just because Grant Holt is injured.[/quote]Maybe morty, but October (which I believe will see his return) doesn''t justify 50-50 tag does it?[/quote]Lol, at ""I believe"Have you considered stopping reading crap on the internet if its going to worry you this much lol?We''ll be fine, don''t worry.[:)]

[quote user="Seat0123"]wasn''t 100% sure if it should have been proven or proved so used one each time to ensure at least a 50% pass mark.[/quote]I hear that the chances of him playing against Watford are 50%, but that there''s only a 25% chance of that. [:P]

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="First Wizard"]

www.carrowroad.net

[/quote]

What do you believe Wiz the Pros and Cons for doing so are for Lambo?

Why is it in Lambert''s interest to keep it a secret? Will Watford completely base their game around stopping him? No. Because our play doesn''t start with him, they''ll put their biggest bloke on him for corners and set pieces and whoever is their first choice centre half will be tasked with looking after him.

I think they''re not sure how long it will be, as it''s not an out and out definitive injury he has, like Stephen Smith, who they have come out and said what''s wrong, same as they did Ward. "Feeling it in his thigh" or whatever nonsensical Footballism that Lambo came out with (he''s prone to a few but not as embarassingly so as other gaffers we''ve had) doesn''t really lend itself to a date and time for return. And often clubs aren''t able to tell with conviction when a player will be ready.

He may not be fully fit until early October because of the full pres seaosn he''s missed. But he played most of last season with a knock. An unfit Holt has proved that he still scores goals and doesn''t break down. Lambert has proven he is willing to risk an unfit Holt.

Okay Wiz? That''s enough for now eh? [:)]

[/quote]I do like your calm style Seat, and I respect and value your input and opinion, you must post more on here, and join us on carrowroad.net btw.

Plus Wiz, i''d rather keep Watford thinking that they might be playing Holt - the defenders will have to spend preparation thinking they''re going against a big bulky forward who''ll get in there faces. It might be Jackson instead of Holt, they don''t know. The element of surprise Wiz, you''re a freaking Wizard you should know all about that!

[quote user="hogesar"]Plus Wiz, i''d rather keep Watford thinking that they might be playing Holt - the defenders will have to spend preparation thinking they''re going against a big bulky forward who''ll get in there faces. It might be Jackson instead of Holt, they don''t know. The element of surprise Wiz, you''re a freaking Wizard you should know all about that![/quote]Me wands a tad limp lately hogesar. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/wizard.gif[/img]

You have to love preseason. There''s no real news, so people create their own by cobbling together rumours and theories, or "reading between the lines". The latter is a particular favourite as it allows people to take an innocuous statement and imply all sorts of depth that only someone as switched on as them can see. It''s another version of the Emperor''s new clothes.

I have no idea how bad Holt''s thigh is, but having had similar injuries, I know that they often hang around and then suddenly clear up, but of course, that might just be me reading between the lines of Lambert''s comments[:$]. However, as morty has said, the world will continue to turn whether he''s fit or not.

I''m not going to get worked up about this news, but I''m getting genuinely concerned that Wiz is going to do himself an injury with all these doom laden threads. Chill for heaven''s sake!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Lambert has lied to you wiz, surely you''re going to take down your signature?
[/quote]No he hasn''t, he''s just towing the official party line, and it won''t be taken down until, God forbids, he leaves.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Maybe morty, but October (which I believe will see his return)........[/quote]Erm! Didn''t wrathsajoke start this rumour last week? [:^)]

Wiz being an over the top scaremongerer. Has this ever happened before?

That article on Carrowroad is rubbish anyway because it states Holt hasn''t played all summer and he played against Dereham and in Germany.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="First Wizard"]

www.carrowroad.net

[/quote]What do you believe Wiz the Pros and Cons for doing so are for Lambo?Why is it in Lambert''s interest to keep it a secret? Will Watford completely base their game around stopping him? No. Because our play doesn''t start with him, they''ll put their biggest bloke on him for corners and set pieces and whoever is their first choice centre half will be tasked with looking after him.I think they''re not sure how long it will be, as it''s not an out and out definitive injury he has, like Stephen Smith, who they have come out and said what''s wrong, same as they did Ward. "Feeling it in his thigh" or whatever nonsensical Footballism that Lambo came out with (he''s prone to a few but not as embarassingly so as other gaffers we''ve had) doesn''t really lend itself to a date and time for return. And often clubs aren''t able to tell with conviction when a player will be ready.He may not be fully fit until early October because of the full pres seaosn he''s missed. But he played most of last season with a knock. An unfit Holt has proved that he still scores goals and doesn''t break down. Lambert has proven he is willing to risk an unfit Holt.Okay Wiz? That''s enough for now eh? [:)][/quote]I do like your calm style Seat, and I respect and value your input and opinion, you must post more on here, and join us on carrowroad.net btw.[/quote]Thanks Wizzo, I am intending to. Ad thanks for the invite but I''ve only just got time to be pinkunning, to commit to another board too, with the whole other set of characters, their story arks, threads, sub plots etc. would be like trying to watch Lost from season one and 24 from hour one, day one similutaneously, I''ll end up wondering when Hurley is going to give that arrogant Jack Bauer a piece of his mind...

What is there to come clean on?

The story is, he has injured his thigh, he is running but only 50/50 going to be fit for the Watford game. End of story.

We will do just fine with Martin and Jackson, until Holt is back to full fitness.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Holt''s currently in talks with Weight-watchers Wanderers......FACT!

[/quote]

Will the real Mello please stand up? Your automated replacement is clearly tired, worn out and possibly ready for the comedic scrapyard.

Holt''s currently in talks with Weight-watchers Wanderers......FACT!

Paul Lambert''s Discslipped whined....

Will the real Mello please stand up? Your automated replacement is clearly tired, worn out and possibly ready for the comedic scrapyard.

[qwerty quotey]

Ok.

Holt''s currently in talks with Weight-watchers Wanderers......FAT!

[quote user="Larry David"]

That article on Carrowroad is rubbish anyway because it states Holt hasn''t played all summer and he played against Dereham and in Germany.

[/quote] I disputse the game in Germany, where''s the evidence that he played?

"Thats my message to the club"

Then send it to the f**king club then... seriously... this is the Pinkun - not the club - you can tell by the label at the top.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Thats my message to the club" Then send it to the f**king club then... seriously... this is the Pinkun - not the club - you can tell by the label at the top.[/quote]

True, but where as the club would just ignore him, he knows he will get attention on here. We all know thats why he starts these kind of factless threads - it''s all about the attention!