Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Red knickers the answer ? ? ? ?

And now for something light hearted 

Mrs Chambers, expert guest on Lowestoft''s The Beach radio station seems convinced that wearing red underwear will give city a sense of urgency to score goals, don''t know what colour is needed to stop goals being conceded is though.

So if we all, watchers and listeners alike , wear red knickers or pants on saturday we should have about 50,000 positive vibes spurring us on to great win ! 

Sad ? Yes, but these are desperate times !

Oh ! O.K. Wiz, you can wear knickers if you must !       

quote: Oh ! O.K. Wiz, you can wear knickers if you must !C''mon Jim... don''t try and take the limelight away from yourself... It''s really ok if you already are (or will be) I for one, will be wearing as much red as possible (pants only!), on the outside would probably be a lot safer anyway, cos there all manure and arse fans down here I''m very superstious actually, but superstitions have one thing in common, they all have an action that starts them... if we all wore red "knickers" and we lost, forget it... if we won however, Norfolk''s supply would run out in a day!!! I think it''s worth a try...!! What else have we got too lose...???????plus we''d all be havin a laugh about it and more relaxed I think that''s atleast a good reason for doing it... I may get slandered for saying it, but that''s one of the biggest issues here, with the season going the way it is... nobody''s "really having much fun..." I think that''s another part of the whole "red knickers" affair... It''s Mrs Chambers'' psycho therapy method to make us have a bit of fun... If that''s the case, she should have gone further to add that we should wear the knickers on the outside....superhero style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Red Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]quote: Oh ! O.K. Wiz, you can wear knickers if you must !C''mon Jim... don''t try and take the limelight away from yourself... It''s really ok if you already are (or will be) I for one, will be wearing ...[/quote]

O.K. Norm you got me bang to rights, now I know you''re spying on me !

Hope the missus don''t do a inventory of her knicker draw saturday !

Shall I or shan''t I - ditch my lucky green ones or not, that is?!  Well, they haven''t been too lucky yet this season, have they?  Haven''t got any red ones though...but will red and black still bring us the luck we need?  Oh, decisions, decisions!  Any help gratefully received.

I don''t have any red pants, so it will have to be a pair of my missus knickers, trouble is I am at her parents this weekend, hope I don''t caught by the father in law

Susie if you are unsure you could always go commando

Jim: Well, I guess I may aswell admit too it, I borrowed Wiz''z all seeing crystal ball (personally I think it''s safer if I have it for us all really) Don''t worry your secret is safe with me but don''t tell wiz...Susie: Wear all your pairs of black and red one''s, that oughta do it, failing that, spray paint some red... Hey i have an idea, do that and then put an "S" on the front for Susie and wear them superhero style... stylish, very stylish... hope Jim hasn''t read this far, I''m afraid to feed him anymore ideas... ZippersleftFoot: consider no more! sounds to me like it''s a done deal...Bring on Superhero Red Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StevenageFan..have you seen the forecast for this Saturday for Norwich?  It will potentially reach a maximum of 4 degrees with possible sleet showers!!!  Go without undies?  You must be joking!!!  I will probably get out the sexy thermals now...thick and woolly.  Doesn''t bear thinking about.  Just hope the players give us all something to warm the cockles of our hearts. 

As for the ''S'' on them and showing everyone Normann...well, I don''t want to put anyone off the game, least of all the players, so I think that one''s a non-starter.  Besides I like being anonymous in amongst everyone so I can look extra silly when we score!!!

Have just red (sic) Flemings comments in the sun ''On Saturday I''ll have James Beattie breathng down my neck - I dont see how a pair of red pants will help''1. Does this mean that Flem is starting on sat? He seems to think so. As Helveg is unlikely to be given a start that only leaves a change to Charlie. V V worrying.2. If Beattie is breathing down his neck he will at lest be getting closer to him than he has any striker in the last couple of games OTBC

Quote: It will potentially reach a maximum of 4 degrees with possible sleet showers!!! 

Susie: It''s 32 degrees and warm and balmy here in Melbourne... I think I may be forced to wear my red knickers and nothing else...

scary... very scary...

Don''t know if they come in red, gazza, but I might do one of my 90 degree wash specials and throw in a white pair with a red tea towel, or something!!!  Don''t forget your gloves and scarves either, people, - it might get really cold in there...assuming there''s no chance to jump up and down and hug your neighbour...but then again, we could score a hatful!!!

Bloke in QD said on the local news that they have been selling well today since the story got out!!!  Anyway, good news is I''ve just had a rummage (not a scrimmage!) and found a pair of really red ones for Saturday, and also my red jumper that I can wear under my City shirt.  There''s no way we can lose now, is there?