Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Championship top scorer?

Can a City player top the scoring charts this season?

Grant Holts best odds are 25/1

Simeon Jackson best odds 50/1

Oli Johnson best odds 50/1

Chris Martin best odds 66/1

Wes Hoolahan best odds 100/1.

Of all those Chris Martin looks best bet @ 66/1.

Full odds can be seen via the link below.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

Wonder why Oli is shorter odds than Chris Martin? Would be obvious to me that Martin will play more than Martin.

Midfielders seem to do well in Chapionship. Wasn''t Peter Whittingham top scorer last season? Or even Charlie Adam was near the top.

[quote user="Pabs"]Wonder why Oli is shorter odds than Chris Martin? Would be obvious to me that Martin will play more than Martin.

Midfielders seem to do well in Chapionship. Wasn''t Peter Whittingham top scorer last season? Or even Charlie Adam was near the top.[/quote]but he has a wonder free kick on him !

Martin 66/1? Crazy odds! I''ll stick a couple of quid on him I think!

Doubt he''ll top the whole division, but will probably grab a fair few and be our top scorer...

Peter Wittingham did with 22 goals and Charlie adam had 19 i think the highest scoreing striker was Maynard with 20 but the midfields in the higer divisons are as important or more so than leagues 1 & 2.But i do see Maynard being up there again but I think Holt, Martin and maybe Jackson can give him a run for his money. Chopra (if he dose stick with Cardiff) could push towards there but i think Hoolahan Majeski (Forest) and Wittingham can go for it as well.

Wonder why Oli is shorter odds than Chris Martin? Would be obvious to me that Martin will play more than Martin.

Midfielders seem to do well in Chapionship. Wasn''t Peter Whittingham top scorer last season? Or even Charlie Adam was near the top.

Yes i do agree, martin will defo play more than martin :P

Captain Holt''s Controversial Jokes Why on earth is everyone putting Martin over Holt? Do you actually watch football?

They aren''t. They are saying his odds are good.

Because Martin is our best finisher, can score with both feet, is becoming more dangerous in the air, stronger on the ground, fitter, and better with set-pieces.

I think he''ll be one of the stand-out players this season. If Holt bags more goals than him then we''ll have had an excellent season.

Im unsure on the leagues top scorer, but I believe Holt will definately be our top scorer. He can score all sorts of goals, aswell as being one of our top assisters if thats even a word! I do rate Martin, but Holt scored 9 goals more than Martin last year, and can see Holt leading our charts once again. Martin also scored a few free kicks last year but I think that job will be for the likes of Fox next year. Also I believe Holt will play more than Martin as if Martin has a bad game, Jackson will step in, but if Holt play a poor game, I''m unsure if Jackson alongside Martin will work.

I think Chris Martin will be top scorer over Holt. Martin''s fitness is better, he scores all sorts of goals too, including free kicks. Not really sure why, I just think Martin will score more than Holt. Doesn''t really matter, as they will both score well into the 60s.

[quote user="Brendo "]I think Chris Martin will be top scorer over Holt. Martin''s fitness is better, he scores all sorts of goals too, including free kicks.

Not really sure why, I just think Martin will score more than Holt. Doesn''t really matter, as they will both score well into the 60s.
[/quote]

grant holt gets to many bans to challenge too [y]

[quote user="Brendo "]I think Chris Martin will be top scorer over Holt. Martin''s fitness is better, he scores all sorts of goals too, including free kicks.

Not really sure why, I just think Martin will score more than Holt. Doesn''t really matter, as they will both score well into the 60s.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree, I just think he is a better goalscorer which will stand him in better stead in the Championship.

[quote user="NCFC-47"] I reckon will be 5th top scorerBoydWhittinghamChopraSharp Martin[/quote]I reckon that Maynard and Sharp could both go close to being top scorer in the league this season, as could Fryatt (who missed several months of last season through injury).I reckon you need to be looking at a striker you know will play nearly every game.It is very difficult to tell who could be City''s top scorer as Holt, Martin and Jackson will all more than likely be rotated to match the opposition.  Injuries and suspensions could also be key?  I do expect at least 45 to 50 goals, fingers crossed from the three of them combined though.  Add to that between 5 and 10 from the likes of Hoolahan, Surman and Crofts, with the likes of Fox, Oli, McNamee and the defenders chipping in one or two each and I think we will definetely score enough goals this season.  Will we be good enough at the back though???

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Brendo "]I think Chris Martin will be top scorer over Holt. Martin''s fitness is better, he scores all sorts of goals too, including free kicks. Not really sure why, I just think Martin will score more than Holt. Doesn''t really matter, as they will both score well into the 60s.[/quote]

[/quote]But he missed like 5 games last season due to suspensions. I reckon he''ll get much less cards this year.

Paterson should score a lot for Burnley if he stays injury free and they sack that clown Laws quick enough too!

[quote user="Smudger"]Paterson should score a lot for Burnley if he stays injury free and they sack that clown Laws quick enough too!
[/quote]

is eagles still at burnley? if he is then he will certainly bang in a few!!

[quote user="Smudger"]Paterson should score a lot for Burnley if he stays injury free and they sack that clown Laws quick enough too![/quote]

[/quote]Not really...

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Paterson should score a lot for Burnley if he stays injury free and they sack that clown Laws quick enough too!
[/quote]

[/quote]Not really...
[/quote]

...really...

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not really...
[/quote]

...really...

[/quote]

Gotta agree with Brendo, cant see it...

He doesn''t score that much for Burnley, and he''s a right winger I believe...Won''t score more than 10.

I''m not saying any City players will be topping the charts, but Chris Martin was only 18 years old when he 1st played in the championship. He scored 5 goals in his 1st 9 games, and everybody was raving about him, including apparent interest from man ure. Then he let it all go to his head, and he went off the rails.

He''s a much, much better player now, and still only 21 until october.

I see him and Holt as 1st choice strikers, with Jackson keeping them on their toes.

Holt is more likely to miss games through injury/suspensions than Martin.

If you can get that 66/1 on Martin, & back him each way, they pay out on the top 4 places @ 1/4 odds. Thats about 16/1, to be in the top 4.

I can see us scoring a lot of goals, but also conceding shed loads.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was our top scorer last year by 9 goals. Plus as i mentioned i dont think martin will take FK''s this year, i rate martin, but can see holt being our top scorer again this year!