Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Do we, as a club, want to get promoted?

[quote user="Thorny"]The question is, why bothter with supporting sport if you don''t want success? You may as well watch May Flys mate, die and waste countless months until the next cycle occurs and achieved nothing. Nana is clearly that dumb! Don''t like it, do something different and not post about nothingness where you pay to watch "your" team do "nothing". That is what the Nana is saying you should all do - follow their lead and.....lemmings over the cliff (the sooner the better imo!)[/quote]

The next time norwich do well in the premiership is when im on fifa, and it will most likely be the last tiem.

I''d rather be a mediocre team in the top league than the next best league!

Would you rather be a PNE/QPR etc or a Bolton/Blackburn?

Shows your mentallity as a fan! I know where I''d rather be - scrapping for survival in the top league watching top teams than worrying about NOT getting promoted and NOT getting relegated - you are a real fool with that thinking!

[quote user="Thorny"]I''d rather be a mediocre team in the top league than the next best league! Would you rather be a PNE/QPR etc or a Bolton/Blackburn? Shows your mentallity as a fan! I know where I''d rather be - scrapping for survival in the top league watching top teams than worrying about NOT getting promoted and NOT getting relegated - you are a real fool with that thinking![/quote]

PNE / QPR - they have games where their opponents are evenly matched and it is a good game. Blackburn /bolton play man utd and get thumped and then thump wolves etc. Its not fun almost knowing the result.

You''re missing my points Nana!

Re-read, you have no hope in anything you support. No ambition and clearly clueless.

[quote user="Thorny"]You''re missing my points Nana! Re-read, you have no hope in anything you support. No ambition and clearly clueless.[/quote]

I''d love norwich to be high flying in the prem, but because I am everyone else knows its not going to happen I would ratehr stay in the championship and enjoy players even level opponents each week.

It does happen though - 3 teams go up who play well and get results - you don''t want Norwich to do consistantly well! You''ve stated that - what sort of fan are you?

Look at Blackpool. They''re up - they''ll come back down with the law of averages.

What you fail to remember we were sustainable in that league on a budget before playing decent football. It happens - it''s football! We''ve the right people (albeit extra money to propel) in place to get somewhere but you''d rather us get back to where we were 10 years ago?????? Really, honestly?

I say go up and take stock. Fan base is here to build on - expand and do what we should of done when the Premier League started but with ideas like yours we''ll be that PNE/QPR etc for the end of eternity! Bolton, Blackburn and Man City did it (Man City before their wealth - and they went down to the third tier).

Really believe you have lost the plot Nana!

[quote user="Thorny"]It does happen though - 3 teams go up who play well and get results - you don''t want Norwich to do consistantly well! You''ve stated that - what sort of fan are you? Look at Blackpool. They''re up - they''ll come back down with the law of averages. What you fail to remember we were sustainable in that league on a budget before playing decent football. It happens - it''s football! We''ve the right people (albeit extra money to propel) in place to get somewhere but you''d rather us get back to where we were 10 years ago?????? Really, honestly? I say go up and take stock. Fan base is here to build on - expand and do what we should of done when the Premier League started but with ideas like yours we''ll be that PNE/QPR etc for the end of eternity! Bolton, Blackburn and Man City did it (Man City before their wealth - and they went down to the third tier). Really believe you have lost the plot Nana![/quote]

If we go up, we will just try to survive relegation each year and that is not fun. If we go up, and then spend money to attack the mid table and then attack for europe over 10 years thats fine. Its just I think we will avoid relegation each year until we go down. And becasue of that i would rather be in a competitive league.

That is where you shoot yourself in the foot BIG time!

You say we''ll go up and attack the mid table - your whole thread is about NOT going up being mid-table in the Championship.

You are really deluded! Gimp of the year award is yours. Read what you''re saying before the daft police knock on your door and whack some sense into your head with a foam mallet

[quote user="Thorny"]That is where you shoot yourself in the foot BIG time! You say we''ll go up and attack the mid table - your whole thread is about NOT going up being mid-table in the Championship. You are really deluded! Gimp of the year award is yours. Read what you''re saying before the daft police knock on your door and whack some sense into your head with a foam mallet[/quote]

no i never. I said it would be nice, and if that was to happen i would be happy to go up. But it wont so why bother going up?!

That is where your fault is!

We''ve done it before with the right people in control - regardless of money. I''d rather not worry about being promoted because we are in the top league, been there, done it, got admired by many for it and how we did it. It can happen again.

Your writing is to compete but not get promoted! Which is the same as playing in the top league and not going for Europe!

I say go up and do what we used to do - play football and earn the right to stay up! Ditto what you''re saying but you''d rather in the Championship - I want to support a team who can beat the top teams at home (and occasionally away). We''ve done it well pre-Premiership.

Can''t you see, it is possible! Yes we need money but as fans we''re helpless to that - that''s where directors need to find and source that but with what we''ve got in Lambert, he will have one heck of a go at getting us closer to the league and build from that - future great manager and we don''t want to loose him like others!!!

[quote user="Thorny"]That is where your fault is! We''ve done it before with the right people in control - regardless of money. I''d rather not worry about being promoted because we are in the top league, been there, done it, got admired by many for it and how we did it. It can happen again. Your writing is to compete but not get promoted! Which is the same as playing in the top league and not going for Europe! I say go up and do what we used to do - play football and earn the right to stay up! Ditto what you''re saying but you''d rather in the Championship - I want to support a team who can beat the top teams at home (and occasionally away). We''ve done it well pre-Premiership. Can''t you see, it is possible! Yes we need money but as fans we''re helpless to that - that''s where directors need to find and source that but with what we''ve got in Lambert, he will have one heck of a go at getting us closer to the league and build from that - future great manager and we don''t want to loose him like others!!![/quote]

aka pre football before money took ever!

so you would rather play crap in this league and lose to the likes of scunny, than being crap in a better league losing to chelsea? Where in the better league you will make around 1 hundred million after parachute payments plus tv rights etc. What a c0ck you are!!!

Before pre-money took over? All teams are in similar boats - not just us. It''s Neil Doncaster old argument "ITV Digital" screwed us. Not just us but other teams! It''s a blinkered thought/mentallity!

Teams have gone up and stayed up! Why? Do the maths and look at those clubs. We''ve the fan base and ability to expand. Look at other teams in our league in similar boats and cringe.

We could go up and still do well - you don''t want that, honestly! In defence, last we were up there, one of those draws to a win away would have made a difference and who knows where we would be now (ie Bolton/Blackburn). We know we will still sell out, 3rd tier and still sell outs!

But you still are implying it''s better to play in the Championship for mid table sustainability over the top league. In a way you''re sounding like Bryan Gunn and his objectives last season (as said on the BBC) of maintaining mid table - until Lambert and McNally realised what football is about!!!

Question. We get promoted - do you want us to stay up and fight or relegated and fight to try and get promoted again? (Assuming you really want us to get promoted in the first place and not just tease this league)

But we have been on the back end of plenty of 4-0s etc in the championship.

I think Lamberts aim is the premiership, every team, every manager, every player, nearly {lol} every fan, wants to be in the premiership.

Look at Stoke. People said they would be cannon fodder, but 2 midtable finishes, and now they say the goal is europe. Thats an example every club should look at. fair play, Stoke dont always play good football, but its worked. Sometimes they look great, sometimes dull, but they are a top half team, and 3 years ago everyone wrote them off.

No point being involved in football if you are not ambitious.

With you there Boogle with that very last sentance (and the rest). That is the whole point of football!

[quote user="Thorny"]With you there Boogle with that very last sentance (and the rest). That is the whole point of football![/quote]But that''s just it. The premiership/league whatever it''s called now isn''t football any more. It''s totally past that. It''s more like WWE or some such glamourised nonsense. It''s all about money, ambition, chairmen, barracking the referee, cheating, shirt-pulling, diving, marketing, shirt-selling etc. League One at least had a semblance of what football used to be like when it was just sport. Now it''s a horrible over-size, peroxide blonde, perma-tanned version of it''s former self, and THAT is why I hate it. I have no desire to lose, and a lot of ambition to win. Anyone that thinks otherwise didn''t read my post properly, and so maybe needs to have a little reading refresher course. I just hate what the premier league stands for, simple as that. It''s horrible.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Thorny"]With you there Boogle with that very last sentance (and the rest). That is the whole point of football![/quote]

But that''s just it. The premiership/league whatever it''s called now isn''t football any more. It''s totally past that. It''s more like WWE or some such glamourised nonsense. It''s all about money, ambition, chairmen, barracking the referee, cheating, shirt-pulling, diving, marketing, shirt-selling etc. League One at least had a semblance of what football used to be like when it was just sport. Now it''s a horrible over-size, peroxide blonde, perma-tanned version of it''s former self, and THAT is why I hate it.

I have no desire to lose, and a lot of ambition to win. Anyone that thinks otherwise didn''t read my post properly, and so maybe needs to have a little reading refresher course. I just hate what the premier league stands for, simple as that. It''s horrible.
[/quote]

Well said again Mook!

The premierleague will soon be the best diving academy out there, especially with the spainish, french, italian etc oscar winners coming over here.

[quote user="Thorny"]Before pre-money took over? All teams are in similar boats - not just us. It''s Neil Doncaster old argument "ITV Digital" screwed us. Not just us but other teams! It''s a blinkered thought/mentallity!

Teams have gone up and stayed up! Why? Do the maths and look at those clubs. We''ve the fan base and ability to expand. Look at other teams in our league in similar boats and cringe.

We could go up and still do well - you don''t want that, honestly! In defence, last we were up there, one of those draws to a win away would have made a difference and who knows where we would be now (ie Bolton/Blackburn). We know we will still sell out, 3rd tier and still sell outs!

But you still are implying it''s better to play in the Championship for mid table sustainability over the top league. In a way you''re sounding like Bryan Gunn and his objectives last season (as said on the BBC) of maintaining mid table - until Lambert and McNally realised what football is about!!!

Question. We get promoted - do you want us to stay up and fight or relegated and fight to try and get promoted again? (Assuming you really want us to get promoted in the first place and not just tease this league)[/quote]Well Mr McNally said that not if but "when we go up we will stay there" earlier today!Kind of knocks Nana''s and other theories on the head as a load of old cobblers, unless they believe that McNally doesn''t know what he is talking about doesn''t it?

It is clear to see that in Lambert and McNally we have tow ambitious winners at the club who are finally carrying us forwards.Such a shame to see that so many of our fans are so content to settle for being losers still! [:|]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The thing is that we will have to spend big to stay up, and that will put us into more finincial debt. - not good![/quote]Not if we stay there and have sell out''s of 35,000 it won''t.  Well not according to Mr McNally anyhow.  But then again he has ambition and some City fans don''t!Too many years listening to the excuses of Doncaster & Co for NCFC underperforming has certainly rubbed off on many... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The thing is that we will have to spend big to stay up, and that will put us into more finincial debt. - not good![/quote]Not if we stay there and have sell out''s of 35,000 it won''t.  Well not according to Mr McNally anyhow.  But then again he has ambition and some City fans don''t!Too many years listening to the excuses of Doncaster & Co for NCFC underperforming has certainly rubbed off on many... [:$][/quote]Flipping heck, I agree with Smudger!We''d get hefty cash for getting into the Premier League.  If we were sensible about it (think Stoke, not Hull) and could stay up for the first season, we''d be able to consolidate and grow from there.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The thing is that we will have to spend big to stay up, and that will put us into more finincial debt. - not good![/quote]

Not if we stay there and have sell out''s of 35,000 it won''t.  Well not according to Mr McNally anyhow.  But then again he has ambition and some City fans don''t!

Too many years listening to the excuses of Doncaster & Co for NCFC underperforming has certainly rubbed off on many... [:$]
[/quote]

Flipping heck, I agree with Smudger!

We''d get hefty cash for getting into the Premier League.  If we were sensible about it (think Stoke, not Hull) and could stay up for the first season, we''d be able to consolidate and grow from there.
[/quote]

The best thing to do would be go up, then back down straight away. Then get the millions from the payments over 4 years(staying in the champiionship for 2 years) this will have paid our debts off and we will then be able to attack the prem and attempt to avoid rele or push a mid  table [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The thing is that we will have to spend big to stay up, and that will put us into more finincial debt. - not good![/quote]Not if we stay there and have sell out''s of 35,000 it won''t.  Well not according to Mr McNally anyhow.  But then again he has ambition and some City fans don''t!Too many years listening to the excuses of Doncaster & Co for NCFC underperforming has certainly rubbed off on many... [:$][/quote]Flipping heck, I agree with Smudger!We''d get hefty cash for getting into the Premier League.  If we were sensible about it (think Stoke, not Hull) and could stay up for the first season, we''d be able to consolidate and grow from there.[/quote]

The best thing to do would be go up, then back down straight away. Then get the millions from the payments over 4 years(staying in the champiionship for 2 years) this will have paid our debts off and we will then be able to attack the prem and attempt to avoid rele or push a mid  table [y]

[/quote]Not according to Mr McNally Nana.  I believe the words he used today were that "we need to get in to the Premiership at the earliest opportunity and stay there" or something similar.He seemed confident that with full houses of 35,500 and  the extra revenue that being in the Premiership gives you that the club would not be running at a loss (which it is at the moment).  He quite rightly believes that this club is big enough to be a mid-table Premiership team and that would not be over achieving.  That is what we need to be aspiring to and then if the opportunity presents itself pushing on from there!McNally believes that "when we reach the Premiership we will stay there!"  His words not mine! .

35,000?

I don''t feel we are ready yet though, maybe when we are ready i may change my mind (that will be when we are ''cruising'' the championship)

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

35,000?

I don''t feel we are ready yet though, maybe when we are ready i may change my mind (that will be when we are ''cruising'' the championship)

[/quote]Yes 35,000 that''s what he said.  Don''t you think we could get an average crowd approaching the 35,000 mark?  I reckon we could do it for most games even in this league, where some of the numbers of travelling fans who wish to come to Carrow Road is very poor.Maybe we aren''t quite ready yet.  But I think McNally''s words were something like "that although as many as 16 teams may think they have a chance of the play-offs at least, we would be looking for promotion at the earliest possible opportunity.  The longer we spend outside of the top flight the worse the state of the Clubs''s finances become"

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

35,000?

[/quote]

Yes 35,000 that''s what he said.  Don''t you think we could get an average crowd approaching the 35,000 mark?  I reckon we could do it for most games even in this league, where some of the numbers of travelling fans who wish to come to Carrow Road is very poor.

Maybe we aren''t quite ready yet.  But I think McNally''s words were something like "that although as many as 16 teams may think they have a chance of the play-offs at least, we would be looking for promotion at the earliest possible opportunity.  The longer we spend outside of the top flight the worse the state of the Clubs''s finances become"
[/quote]

which helps me to back up my point that the premiership is more about money than football. If we have to go up to get financially secure and then come back down to watch good competitive football then im happy [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

35,000?

[/quote]Yes 35,000 that''s what he said.  Don''t you think we could get an average crowd approaching the 35,000 mark?  I reckon we could do it for most games even in this league, where some of the numbers of travelling fans who wish to come to Carrow Road is very poor.Maybe we aren''t quite ready yet.  But I think McNally''s words were something like "that although as many as 16 teams may think they have a chance of the play-offs at least, we would be looking for promotion at the earliest possible opportunity.  The longer we spend outside of the top flight the worse the state of the Clubs''s finances become"[/quote]

which helps me to back up my point that the premiership is more about money than football. If we have to go up to get financially secure and then come back down to watch good competitive football then im happy [y]

[/quote]Sorry to disappoint you Nana.  But if you read my comments above again you will see that Mr McNally believes that WE WILL NOT BE COMING DOWN AGAIN once we have been promoted.  Well at least not while he is here anyhow.  You and the other loser Norwich fans amongst us will have to wait for us to appoint the likes of another Neil Doncaster for that to happen!

Smudger, do you really expect the Chief Executive to say "we will consolidate in the championship and hope to get promoted the following year. Then get relegated the following year"No of course he won`t. he has ambitions yes but he also knows the realities of football. He has to be seen to be positive.it`s like a football manager who goes into a game knowing he`s not going to win, what do you think he say to the players " look lads you`ve got no chance, go out there and do your best"  course he doesn`tSo stop quoting McNally.

[quote user="WOTB"]Smudger, do you really expect the Chief Executive to say "we will consolidate in the championship and hope to get promoted the following year. Then get relegated the following year"

No of course he won`t. he has ambitions yes but he also knows the realities of football. He has to be seen to be positive.
it`s like a football manager who goes into a game knowing he`s not going to win, what do you think he say to the players " look lads you`ve got no chance, go out there and do your best"  course he doesn`t

So stop quoting McNally.
[/quote]

True WOTB. Fans will only accept positivity so thats what they will get !