Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Do we, as a club, want to get promoted?

The championship is, in my opinion, the best league as it is totally unpredictable and the best team on the game wins. The prem is split into 3/4 mini leagues so makes it less exciting. But if we were to get promoted all we would do each year is to try and avoid relegation and where is the fun in that, losing on most weeks(un supportive but most likely true). I think the best for norwich over the next few years is to be pushing for the playoffs where it will be exciting all year unlike what the prem would be like!

You clearly weren''t a Norwich fan when we have been in the top tier of premiership football.

The season we went down although ultimately ended in failure was tense, exciting and much better than championship mediocrity.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The championship is, in my opinion, the best league as it is totally unpredictable and the best team on the game wins. The prem is split into 3/4 mini leagues so makes it less exciting. But if we were to get promoted all we would do each year is to try and avoid relegation and where is the fun in that, losing on most weeks(un supportive but most likely true). I think the best for norwich over the next few years is to be pushing for the playoffs where it will be exciting all year unlike what the prem would be like![/quote]

Are you serious? The premiership is the best league in the world. This is up there with your usual guff bananna! do u ever think before you type? ffs do us all a favour and jump in the blender.

Play-offs this year, strengthen the squad and promotion next season. Otherwise we could do a Derby and we wouldn''t want that!

But when we were in the prem, most of us were going to CR expecting to lose and not really enjoying it. The championship we are going to go down to CR feeling we have a very good chance of winning and know it will be a good game with 2 teams of similar quality playing. Now to me that is much better than going to play arsenal who are wonders of passing vs us who arent. and we would know the result before the game - boring

There''s a massive gulf between the two leagues and we''d probably go straight down but it would be worth it for the money it brings to the club, it might even mean that Carrow Road''s capacity will be expanded. Surely the aim of any football club is to get as high up the football ladder as possible, rather than wishing to rot in the second tier.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The championship is, in my opinion, the best league as it is totally unpredictable and the best team on the game wins. The prem is split into 3/4 mini leagues so makes it less exciting. But if we were to get promoted all we would do each year is to try and avoid relegation and where is the fun in that, losing on most weeks(un supportive but most likely true). I think the best for norwich over the next few years is to be pushing for the playoffs where it will be exciting all year unlike what the prem would be like![/quote]

Are you serious? The premiership is the best league in the world. This is up there with your usual guff bananna! do u ever think before you type? ffs do us all a favour and jump in the blender.

[/quote]

prem best league in the world - why?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But when we were in the prem, most of us were going to CR expecting to lose and not really enjoying it. The championship we are going to go down to CR feeling we have a very good chance of winning and know it will be a good game with 2 teams of similar quality playing. Now to me that is much better than going to play arsenal who are wonders of passing vs us who arent. and we would know the result before the game - boring[/quote]But why are we wanting to win games? It''s with the aim to get promoted and into the Premier League.

If you want this football club to progress like I certainly do then the answer is yes at the earliest opportunity. I think Blackpool are a good example of why. They are realistic and have acknowledged they are likely to take some beatings this season and probably go down this. But the legacy for them will be awesome because of the parachute payments and other revenue. It will allow them to complete their ground and they can offer top dollar in terms of wages to players if the worst happens and they are back in the championship. So they will have gone from being one of the smallest clubs in the championship to one of the genuine big hitters. The new parachute paymentswhich got approved has significently changed the footballing landscape. Promotion will only get harder to achieveme as more and more clubs pick up these payments. It is vital to get in there at the earliest opportunity. The board acknowledge this and have realised the Lambert factor is the best way of getting there. Hence why he is being backed to the hilt and why we are really going for it.

Also surely as supporters we want our football club to be best it possibly can be. So for me that is playing Premier League football against the best players in the world. Going to Carrow Road is one of the highlights of my week whatever level we play at but there was extra buzz when you knew you were up against the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Henry. If you dont want to go up how can victories and close fought games have as much significance and excitment?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But when we were in the prem, most of us were going to CR expecting to lose and not really enjoying it. The championship we are going to go down to CR feeling we have a very good chance of winning and know it will be a good game with 2 teams of similar quality playing. Now to me that is much better than going to play arsenal who are wonders of passing vs us who arent. and we would know the result before the game - boring[/quote] Yeah ok man utd u knew we would win 2-0 did you  you knew that aginst newcastle Ashton was going to score a 90th minute winner or that we were the team who broke petr cechs record and svensson scoring against charlton pfft your a joke lol

Please support another team you are an embarrassment..Support someone like Preston, Ipshite who have no ambition.

2 seasons ago under Roeder, in the Championship I really didn''t enjoy that season at all and going away from home in particular never felt we were going to win. The premiership season, yes we didn''t win as many games but when we did beat the higher opposition, Manu, Newcastle and also picked up points away , it was so mucb more satisfying than beating Scunthorpe, Barnsley etc.

Do you think Blackpool fans would rather be in the Championship?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But when we were in the prem, most of us were going to CR expecting to lose and not really enjoying it. The championship we are going to go down to CR feeling we have a very good chance of winning and know it will be a good game with 2 teams of similar quality playing. Now to me that is much better than going to play arsenal who are wonders of passing vs us who arent. and we would know the result before the game - boring[/quote]
But why are we wanting to win games? It''s with the aim to get promoted and into the Premier League.
[/quote]

but the premier league is not what people think, its ruled by money and its taking away the tradition of football - friday, sat, sun, monday kick offs I prefer the saturday 3pm.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="I am a Banana"]But when we were in the prem, most of us were going to CR expecting to lose and not really enjoying it. The championship we are going to go down to CR feeling we have a very good chance of winning and know it will be a good game with 2 teams of similar quality playing. Now to me that is much better than going to play arsenal who are wonders of passing vs us who arent. and we would know the result before the game - boring[/quote]
 Yeah ok man utd u knew we would win 2-0 did you  you knew that aginst newcastle Ashton was going to score a 90th minute winner or that we were the team who broke petr cechs record and svensson scoring against charlton pfft your a joke lol
[/quote]

the prem has 38 games in a season and you have highlighted just 4

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Please support another team you are an embarrassment..Support someone like Preston, Ipshite who have no ambition.

2 seasons ago under Roeder, in the Championship I really didn''t enjoy that season at all and going away from home in particular never felt we were going to win. The premiership season, yes we didn''t win as many games but when we did beat the higher opposition, Manu, Newcastle and also picked up points away , it was so mucb more satisfying than beating Scunthorpe, Barnsley etc.

Do you think Blackpool fans would rather be in the Championship?

[/quote]

if you offer a team, to have a competitive match week in week out or to play against teams who are 3,4,5 times better than them, they would want a good match.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i cant be arsed to explain it to u little boy!

the best we would achieve in a long time is to be like Bolton, who just get throuhg each season and cant challenge for the top, nor are they in trouble of relegation - NOW WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT?!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i cant be arsed to explain it to u little boy!

[/quote]

because tehre are no reasons.

Banana makes a good point. The premiership is NOT the best league in the world. In England it is a freak show where a few prize exhibits fight it out and the rest play meaningless games to make up the number.Last season was one of the most enjoyable out of the many I have watched since the mid sixties. Aside from the characters and odd grounds, there was a real sense that we could win and it would be down to us. Almost every game was memorable.I''m sure for a lot of the latter day happy clappers then their lives are some how enriched by having the chance to see a lot of disinterested show ponies. But at what expense. Are the happies there to see football or to partake of the experience ?Unlike many I genuinely think we will go up ths season. but with a dread for the season after. Every player, club and fan wants to do well. To see their team win, but somehow there has to be an air of it being a level playing field. The Premiership is not. Last years championship saw Blackpool come through and football was the richer for it. The richer for reminding everyone that with a good wind behind you and maybe the odd bit of luck you have a chance. That chance DOES NOT exist in the Premiership.Make up the numbers yes. Bask in the reflected glory yes, but please don''t equate it with the passion and competition of real football.

Would Blackpool players/fans rather play Scunthorpe, Preston, Barnsley....or Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea...

Now if you can''t work that one, can i ask do you have special needs because i don''t want to be really harsh if you do??

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Would Blackpool players/fans rather play Scunthorpe, Preston, Barnsley....or Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea...

Now if you can''t work that one, can i ask do you have special needs because i don''t want to be really harsh if you do??

[/quote]

they may want to play them for 1 season, but when they get hammered 4/5 nil each time im sure they would rather be in the championship winning a couple 3/4 nil occasionally and having good competitive matches.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[/quote]

they may want to play them for 1 season, but when they get hammered 4/5 nil each time im sure they would rather be in the championship winning a couple 3/4 nil occasionally and having good competitive matches.

[/quote]Agreed after getting your arse kicked a few times the novelty wears off.

So, Master Banana, are you saying you don''t want us to ever gain promotion to the Premier League again?If so, shall we just pack our club up now and never play again. What''s the point of carrying on if you dont want us to reach the pinnacle of English football and ever have the chance to see Bayern Munich and Inter Milan roll up at the fortress.If you would like us to get promoted again at some point, what is your plan of action?

For f*ck sake banana! Are you for real? next year, will you be happy when we win games? By your earlier posts i''d think you wont be as winning games put you higher up the table,which can promote you. What you are saying is if we got promoted you would be disappointed and call the season a failure? Like most fans, i want us to do well, and i feel promotion is a real possibility. Would you rather mid-table in this league playing the likes of Scunthorpe each week, or mid table, like Bolton, playing Man u and Chelsea each week? i know what id prefer! plus think of the money we would get. But here''s hoping we lose to Watford etc so we dont go up hey?

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]So, Master Banana, are you saying you don''t want us to ever gain promotion to the Premier League again?

If so, shall we just pack our club up now and never play again. What''s the point of carrying on if you dont want us to reach the pinnacle of English football and ever have the chance to see Bayern Munich and Inter Milan roll up at the fortress.

If you would like us to get promoted again at some point, what is your plan of action?
[/quote]

Carra_Rud, when are norwich next going to have a chance in europe?

we will 1st have to gain promotion - 2/3/4 years

2nd aviod relegation for 2/3 seasons - 2/3 years

3rd find some money to help create a mid table prem side. who knows how long?

4th try and push just for 7th (europa league) - 10-15 years

this is going to take years, when the current prem teams are getting more money and the champ clubs are getting less.

this will take around 25-30 years! and this if all the other teams stop progressing.

[quote user="ryan1992"]For f*ck sake banana! Are you for real? next year, will you be happy when we win games? By your earlier posts i''d think you wont be as winning games put you higher up the table,which can promote you. What you are saying is if we got promoted you would be disappointed and call the season a failure? Like most fans, i want us to do well, and i feel promotion is a real possibility. Would you rather mid-table in this league playing the likes of Scunthorpe each week, or mid table, like Bolton, playing Man u and Chelsea each week? i know what id prefer! plus think of the money we would get. But here''s hoping we lose to Watford etc so we dont go up hey?[/quote]

so you would rather watch man utd chelsea arsenal etc twice a season and get beat 3/4 nil - how boring would that be. Bolton are just a boring team, they make numbers up in the prem and thats it there is no other reason for them

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]So, Master Banana, are you saying you don''t want us to ever gain promotion to the Premier League again?If so, shall we just pack our club up now and never play again. What''s the point of carrying on if you dont want us to reach the pinnacle of English football and ever have the chance to see Bayern Munich and Inter Milan roll up at the fortress.If you would like us to get promoted again at some point, what is your plan of action?[/quote]

this is going to take years, when the current prem teams are getting more money and the champ clubs are getting less.

this will take around 25-30 years! and this if all the other teams stop progressing.

[/quote]So, shall we just pack up our club and not bother? Hopefully our club will out-live everybody on these forums, so if it takes 10 years, 20 years or even 30 years, who cares?We have to look to achieve the most we can, not only as a football fan, but as a human being. I for one will never stop trying to be the best in my field, and don''t expect anybody else on here won''t either.Think of it this way - If Lambert came out and said "I dont want to get promotion, I want to rot in the Championship" would you be happy??

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]So, Master Banana, are you saying you don''t want us to ever gain promotion to the Premier League again?

If so, shall we just pack our club up now and never play again. What''s the point of carrying on if you dont want us to reach the pinnacle of English football and ever have the chance to see Bayern Munich and Inter Milan roll up at the fortress.

If you would like us to get promoted again at some point, what is your plan of action?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So, shall we just pack up our club and not bother? Hopefully our club will out-live everybody on these forums, so if it takes 10 years, 20 years or even 30 years, who cares?

We have to look to achieve the most we can, not only as a football fan, but as a human being. I for one will never stop trying to be the best in my field, and don''t expect anybody else on here won''t either.

Think of it this way - If Lambert came out and said "I dont want to get promotion, I want to rot in the Championship" would you be happy??
[/quote]

If i was going to see good competitive football each week then yeah

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, shall we just pack up our club and not bother? Hopefully our club will out-live everybody on these forums, so if it takes 10 years, 20 years or even 30 years, who cares?

We have to look to achieve the most we can, not only as a football fan, but as a human being. I for one will never stop trying to be the best in my field, and don''t expect anybody else on here won''t either.

Think of it this way - If Lambert came out and said "I dont want to get promotion, I want to rot in the Championship" would you be happy??
[/quote]

If i was going to see good competitive football each week then yeah

[/quote]

Serious banana please get a life. You would think sitting on the Pinkun all day you might know something about football but this post and others today have prooved you are immature and stupid. I mean you would enjoy competitive football while we "rot in the championship"?

How is that different from Bolton rotting in the premiership? Except they get to play in one of the best leagues in the world and get alot more money, whcih also gives you better chances in the cup competitions.

Your argument is poor and your responses are even worse.