Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Loss of the Pinkun Live Text Feed

Pete please can I have the name of the person at the FA who made this idiotic objection so that I can get in touch to complain. I am profoundly deaf so sound commentary is useless to me. I was delighted when live text was introduced as it meant that I could follow away games as they happened for the first time. Now it has been taken away for no good reason other than sheer bloody mindedness. My complaint probably won''t change anything but might at least make the twit responsible feel guilty and ashamed.

Ghost, don''t know if it helps, but the BBC will in all likelihood be running their usual text service on their site (probably because they are one of the few organisations who can afford the license...) - click here for the Norwich club page, and on the left will be a link to Live Text when the new season starts.

Thanks. I probably will have to resort to the BBC, but it is nowhere near as good as the Pink Un. They say dull things like "attacking throw in" - none of the wit and wisdom that makes the Pink Un one so enjoyable!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Chris Lakey explains the ridiculous situation

regarding our live match text commentary better than most... http://bit.ly/bg7pB1
[/quote]Interesting stuff.And yet another symptom of the faceless football machine relentlessly screwing over the most important people in football - the fans.I would love to see this gather steam, the various newspapers affected get together with supporters associations, and this be used to seize some of the power back from the money men.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Ghost of Davie Ross"]Pete please can I have the name of the person at the FA who made this idiotic objection so that I can get in touch to complain.[/quote]http://www.football-dataco.com/contact.htm

[/quote]Other than having a rather enjoyable vent of frustration, I feel my email (reasonable or not...) will be filed under "Ignore" or "Don''t Care"

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]Pete, have Archant sought legal advice on this matter or is it simply a case of whatever DataCo says, goes?[/quote]Talks are still ongoing. Will report back with any results.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]Pete, have Archant sought legal advice on this matter or is it simply a case of whatever DataCo says, goes?[/quote]

Talks are still ongoing. Will report back with any results.
[/quote]

Thanks Pete, seems so wrong on every level!

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205311

Seems some live on.......[/quote]Be interesting to see someone sneak into every ground with a laptop....

Squeeze every little drop from the average football fan they can and pocket the money is their res en detre.  I can guarantee the people runnig DataCo don''t give a rats arse about fans or football.  Utter twunts.   

SDP - doesn''t this just mean Archant sacrifice one journos pass and sit in front of the press box as a spectator with laptop close to a power point!!!!  We''re all your mates after all!!!!!!

[quote user="Steve from Oz"]SDP - doesn''t this just mean Archant sacrifice one journos pass and sit in front of the press box as a spectator with laptop close to a power point!!!!  We''re all your mates after all!!!!!![/quote]Afraid not - we''re all under one Archant umbrella as far as DataCo are concerned.

It would be easy enough to follow a Twitter profile setup just for match days. Maybe a workaround would be to post updates to a Twitter profile and let everyone know to follow that?

I have an idea [as mentioned earlier] which i cannot post details of here.....If anyone is interested in finding out what it is,,,, e-mail me at deeppurple1964@gmail.comTHIS IS NOT A SCAM! AND IT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="NeonYellow"]It would be easy enough to follow a Twitter profile setup just for match days. Maybe a workaround would be to post updates to a Twitter profile and let everyone know to follow that?

[/quote]#pinkun

Hope you can fix something instead or similar to the Live text... I, and i guess many others abroad really appreciated it...

The guy running the Newcastle feed at the game said, when asked about the live feeds for this coming season, that it''s going to be the format for all of their live feeds this season-so they''re carrying on pretty much as normal, unless he doesn''t know, its a no-no yet?

If they are-and it didn''t look that different to ours-then why can''t we?

This all reminds me of the totally unfair way people are penalised outside the area who are not allowed to listen to games on Radio Norfolk over the internet. Why should people have to pay to listen to something that people in another area (within the same country) are listening to for free -discrimination.

We should contact that Liberty organisation.

We have a solution, hopefully in place in time for tonight''s game but more than likely the first game of the season. Will keep you posted.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]We have a solution, hopefully in place in time for tonight''s game. Will keep you posted.
[/quote]

Finally, some good news today!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]We have a solution, hopefully in place in time for tonight''s game. Will keep you posted.[/quote]Interesting, i hope it''s not the case that we''ve lost any of the interactive elements that made the live feed so good, but i''d guess we''re in a position for which we should be thankful for what we get.As for the Newcastle game, could you answer....[quote user="John"]How come these guys still get a feed? For as much as a pre-season

friendly as well!? (Or is it precisely because of that? And if it is,

how come the Pink ''Un weren''t doing it?)[/quote]Just struggling to get my head round it.