Sign in to follow this  
Paul

King's Lynn Town 2, Norwich City XI 0

Mathew Gill, Jens Berthel Askou, Owain Tudur Jones, Josh Dawkin, Matthew Ball, Richard Brindley, Patrick Drmola, Remy Gordon, Ryan Oakley, Alex Stephens, Michael Clunan, Jason Dobbs, Dean Florence, Theo Jones, Jamar Loza, Remi Matthews, Taylor McKenzie, Angus Gunn, Lewis Sturman.

[quote user="paulo79"]

Mathew Gill, Jens Berthel Askou, Owain Tudur Jones, Josh Dawkin, Matthew Ball, Richard Brindley, Patrick Drmola, Remy Gordon, Ryan Oakley, Alex Stephens, Michael Clunan, Jason Dobbs, Dean Florence, Theo Jones, Jamar Loza, Remi Matthews, Taylor McKenzie, Angus Gunn, Lewis Sturman.

[/quote]

Had to double look for a split second when I read Theo was in the squad! Thought we may have re-signed.........well you know,

[quote user="paulo79"]

[/quote]

Gill and Tudur Jones dont surprise me.  The inclusions of JBA and Josh Dawkin to an extent most certainly do. Its also nice to see a certain Angus Gunn in there as well.

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]any relation?[/quote]Angus Gunn?  It''s Brian''s lad, think he must be 14-15 now.

I don''t think that Dawkin is a massive surprise really, he''s still very young and I''m sure there''s only so many people we can afford or it is really practical to take to Germany.The Evening News seemed to suggest that Cody was taken because of his brace against Dereham. I think that is potty reasoning. It''s surely because Lambert has missed out on a striker, our dear leader isn''t going to make a decision based on a couple of simple finishes against Dereham. Sepecially when he missed two easier opportunities in that game!

Angus is doing very well. England have apparently been on the phone to Bryan asking if his son would be interested in choosing them over Scotland. He''s already a good size and by the sounds of things, a chip of the old block. (that''s a good thing in my book)

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Matthew Ball''s dad is that old ginger mincer Alan. Ryan Oakley''s old man used to have a mean wedge, now a total slaphead - "Don''t you want me baby!".[/quote]By old ginger mincer did you mean the late great Alan Ball ? Just think before going for cheap laughs.

[quote user="city till i die"]Where''s Wiggins???

wouldnt of thought he went to germany[/quote]He has gone to Germany.

and no sign of the Brazilian we had on trial, Germany too? Released?

i wouldnt be suprised if we havent seen the last of Askou.Nelson, Whitbread, and the new signings.... Tonight might be the last time we see him in a City shirt.. its the proverbial "shop window"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i wouldnt be suprised if we havent seen the last of Askou.Nelson, Whitbread, and the new signings.... Tonight might be the last time we see him in a City shirt.. its the proverbial "shop window"[/quote]

Yeah, reckon the scouts will be out in force at Lynn this evening [:$]

Interesting squad, Will be good to see how Askou, Gill and Tudor Jones get on.Angus Gunn in the squad to, Bryan''s lad. good for him.Not sure if Radio Norfolk will have a reporter at the game tonight, will put it on in a bit and see. Otherwise its Pink Un twitter to find out whats happening.

King''s Lynn Town 1, Norwich City XI 0 - J Defty (pen, 37)

Linnets captain Jack Defty scores his 5th goal of pre-season from the penalty spot after being bundled over by Taylor MacKenzie.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I don''t think that Dawkin is a massive surprise really, he''s still very young and I''m sure there''s only so many people we can afford or it is really practical to take to Germany.The Evening News seemed to suggest that Cody was taken because of his brace against Dereham. I think that is potty reasoning. It''s surely because Lambert has missed out on a striker, our dear leader isn''t going to make a decision based on a couple of simple finishes against Dereham. Sepecially when he missed two easier opportunities in that game![/quote]Sarcasm surely? simple finishes? Either you didnt see them or obviously score lots like them every week, in which case why arent you out there?No i dont think Lambert would change his mind based on one pretty meaningless friendly but to say they were simple finishes is silly. The first was a good shot from the pen area after a decent run and the second, yes a simple finish but the work he did to get the ball off the defender, take it round another and the keeper were far from simple.''Our dear leader'' seemed to appreciate them too

[quote user="Brendo "]Oh dear. [:(]
[/quote]

How old are half of these lads?  How old is Remi Matthews?  Would I be wrong in thinking that some of these lads are under 16?

2-0 now.Brady Stone doubled King''s Lynn''s lead on 54 mins

when he diverted home Jamie Thurlbourne''s dipping corner from close

range.
Eight changes for Norwich City XI at half-time.

Tudur Jones on. Askou and Gill off. Remy Gordon has taken over City

captaincy from Gill.