Sign in to follow this  
McNamees attitude

Canaries close in on Striker

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6258973,00.html

Looks like there''s some truth in the Jackson arriving Cody leaving on loan rumour. It doesn''t actually mention Cody, just a player,possibly a striker leaving on loan. There''s been no sign of Luke Daley recently, could be him?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

It looks to me like they''ve simply read this forum - there is no new information there.

[/quote]Sky Sports are very rarely wrong. Them reporting this means its good as done IMHO. Before I didn''t believe a word of it & was convinced he''d sign for Saints.

It looks to me like they''ve simply read this forum - there is no new information there.

[/quote]

Now if it said, "BBC understands Jackson has joined Norwich" I''d be excited, BBC pretty much always understand correctly. Sky thought we were getting Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in as manager....

[quote user="Bruces Header"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]Sky Sports are very rarely wrong. Them reporting this means its good as done IMHO. Before I didn''t believe a word of it & was convinced he''d sign for Saints.[/quote]Indeed, though considering Bunny and his track record on 606, i was convinced a transfer was in the offing as soon as he mentioned it.Nevertheless, i''d consider this a "seal of approval".

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]Now if it said, "BBC understands Jackson has joined Norwich" I''d be excited, BBC pretty much always understand correctly. Sky thought we were getting Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in as manager....[/quote]

There is a very good reason for that, but I won''t bore you with it.

I believe we need an extra striker and Jackson could be a good buy, however, I think we may have missed the boat - all depends if we meet Gills valuation of him.

"Sky Sports are very rarely wrong"

ha ha ha ha ha ha, that''s pricelessYoung Jamie had a better hit rate than that worthless pile of dog''s doo

Brilliant ! He may of been lacking form last season but im 99% confident Lambert will get the Leon Best out of him :D

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]Now if it said, "BBC understands Jackson has joined Norwich" I''d be excited, BBC pretty much always understand correctly. Sky thought we were getting Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in as manager....[/quote]

There is a very good reason for that, but I won''t bore you with it.

I believe we need an extra striker and Jackson could be a good buy, however, I think we may have missed the boat - all depends if we meet Gills valuation of him.

[/quote]

Please do "bore" me with the reason....

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why are we signing a League 2 stiker hoping that he can make the step up? Do we not need a proven striker at this level if we want to survive/make the top half of the table?[/quote]No.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why are we signing a League 2 stiker hoping that he can make the step up? Do we not need a proven striker at this level if we want to survive/make the top half of the table?
[/quote]
No.
[/quote]

Seconded[Y]

[quote user="City1st"]"Sky Sports are very rarely wrong"

ha ha ha ha ha ha, that''s pricelessYoung Jamie had a better hit rate than that worthless pile of dog''s doo

[/quote]I was going to say, Sky Sports News reports are like psychics.  You remember the few positive hits, but the wrong ones get automatically forgotten.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Jackson is neither a league 2 or league 1 striker, he is better than that.[/quote]Beckford is apparently too good for the Championship and league 1 but do you really think he will make it at prem level let alone Champ level.

Seems like Sky Sports reads forums too lol, seriously if this happens I will be happy, Cody gets a year first team football and a chance to possibly prove PL wrong and we get a great prospect.

Beckford deserves his chance tbf, he hung around in league 1 far too long. If he flops, he flops, but there''s a chance he''ll be a great player. Moyes knows his stuff too.

Mmmm, the KL team news tonight implied that until Saturday Cody wasn''t going to Germany, so there could have been some wieght behind this rumour.  Also there was surprise that Kackson didn''t attend a medical on friday.  Cody has now gone to Germany.  Linking this report to both the foregoing snippets of gossip, as there was no other striker left behind I think the deal is off. 

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why are we signing a League 2 stiker hoping that he can make the step up? Do we not need a proven striker at this level if we want to survive/make the top half of the table?[/quote]Scoring 18 goals in a relegated team is no mean feat.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Why are we signing a League 2 stiker hoping that he can make the step up? Do we not need a proven striker at this level if we want to survive/make the top half of the table?[/quote]No.[/quote]lol... very well said Scrimmage... [Y]The only Striker that we may have had a chance of signing any better than Jackson this transfer window was Billy Sharp.  Somebody who we would''ve been unlikely to meet the asking price for and who apparently wanted to stay up North anyhow.Simeon Jackson has bags of potential, a good scoring record at League 1 and League 2 level, plus bags of pace.We couldn''t hope to bring somebody any better in right now.  He will offer our forward line something different and keep the front two on their toes for a place in the starting line up (something which Cody and Oli are not capable of on their own right now).

Agreed Smudger. I think everybody is forgetting he is only 23! Great timing for the club and the player, could not have chosen a better manager to re-kick his career :D

According to the Mirror he has already signed for 600k rising to a million with Cody going the other way on loan and has already flown out to join the team in Germany. Can''t do the linkage thing but if you go on wrath there is a link on there.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-complete-deal-for-hot-shot-Gillingham-striker-Simeon-Jackson-article526597.html

[quote user="ldnboy"]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-complete-deal-for-hot-shot-Gillingham-striker-Simeon-Jackson-article526597.html[/quote]Thanks.