Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Saturday is a MUST WIN game

Everyone,

I posted under the Helveg link outlining my feelings on the current situation. At the start of this season I was happy that we couldn''t get that win as I like everyone else believed it would just be round the corner as we were playing some decent stuff, and looked like we had been genuinely unlucky. But then came last Saturday. As Graham Taylor said on Radio 5 last night - "Norwich were thrashed". We have now gone 13 games without a win (1/3 of the season!!!) - the worst start to a season in our history. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. The excuses from Worthington are beginning to look thinner and thinner with each passing week, and it is getting embarrasing watching him on MOTD. The simple truth is, and I beleive this would be a fact, in any other team in the Premiership, bar Palace, Worthington would''ve been sacked by now. It''s just that the expectation is so low here, and given his achievements last season, he will keep his job regardless of this season''s outcome. The simply problem is, or so it seems, is Worthington''s inexperience of managing at this level. I''m not advocating that we sack him, but he needs to learn, and learn fast, because the things that worked well last season, are blatently not working this season, and lets face it, we''re suppossed to be better than Palace and WBA, and we''re bottom!

The problem revolves around Worthington''s insistance of valuing hard graft, professionalism, and honesty over flair. No big time charlies etc. This is admirable. But unfortunately, top quality players often have inflated impressions of themselves, and at this level, you may need to be able to manage such players if you want to be successful. Just ask Graham Souness. Worthington seems unable and unwilling to pick players, who we the fans believe have more quality than those currently occupying first team places if they don''t do an extra lap of the training ground. It''s time this changed, as we are heading to Division 1 at express speed at the moment.

We bought 8 players at the start of the season, how many of these have made any sort of impact on the first team? 1! Charlton. Is that money well spent? Why was Malky shown the door and replaced by Docherty at more expense and then never played in his preferred position particularly when Malky was a crowd favourite and was part of everything good from last season and lack of defensive height at the back is seemingly an increasing problem? Worthington, it appears, has failed to improve the strength of the squad from last season, was this lack of preperation for buying correct players (ie knee jerk purchases)? Poor judge of ability? Why were they bought if they only add to squad numbers? Is this Worthington''s inexperience rearing its head?

The simple point is that we must WIN this Saturday. Enough is enough. If we can''t beat Southampton at home we have had it. I want those players fired up like never before. They must win this game. I want bravery, aggression, determination from everyone. I want players willing to break noses and lose teeth to win that ball and to score goals. It''s got to the point where anything less is not enough. We JUST MUST_WIN_THIS_GAME.

Agreed. We shouldn''t sack Worthy because he has the potential to be a great Premiership manager, one of the best in the country but at the minute he''s learning the trade. If we get relegated and promoted again for us to really be a force in this league then so be it.

If we don''t win on Saturday then we will probably be relegated.

Yes we really MUST win Saturday but what is worrying me is that Green is doubtful. That leaves Darren Ward in goal. Will the occasion be too much for him?

If greeno doesn''t make a start, then it''s upto the defenders to pull some of the extra weight, doesn''t sound to convincing does it... A bit of a showing might do wardo some good anyway... he might well surprise us in ways we cant yet imagine... and I hope so to... frankly, I hope the whole team do to be honest... The quality is there, or they wouldn''t be canaries, it just appears they''re still learning to fly in top flight...Norfolk''s been breeding canaries since the Hundred Years War... if anyone can do it, City can...ONWARD NORWICH CITY we must and we will...

we must win this week. if we go down i am not convinced that we will be back straight away. not with green, drury, and francis being bought by premiership clubsand bentley returning to arsenal. the fact is that the team is not winning.things have got to change. charlton went down and kept the same team.we wouldnt. our best chance of watching premiership football in the future is to fight tooth and nail to stay there now. as for the " league too hard brigade", we won the league last year by a mile. the difference between palace and us is that they act and play like a premiership side. we have convinced ourselves we dont belong. dowie is more tactically aware than worthington and has made better signings. roll on saturday. well all be there red pants or not.

Basically i agree ... must win or relegated. I think we SHOULD start with THOMAS HELVEG. Marc Edworthy has made far too many mistakes this season for me and i think helveg should have ago. we havent won yet so what we got to lose. o and by the way.. Helveg has started 3 games.. 1) Drawed 1 - 1 with Crysta Palace 2) Lost 2 - 1 Man Utd 3) WON 1 - 0 Bristol Rovers. That is not a bad record and he has only lost one game and that was too Man Utd soo he should start becasue he is a better player, better quality and has a better record than Edworthy .. sorry but it the truth.

[quote]Yes we really MUST win Saturday but what is worrying me is that Green is doubtful. That leaves Darren Ward in goal. Will the occasion be too much for him?[/quote]

i have seen darren ward a few times for forest and i think we have a good keeper in him, so people who are beginning to worry about him shouldn''t

the only thing that does concern me about him is that he is a bit suspect on crosses and with are defence that is not the most confident in the air at the moment that does concern me.

but on the plus point he is an excellent shot stopper you ask any forest supporter they will confirm all above.

i actually think that we will win on sat feeling confident for a change must be the red undies i have bought, i think that alot will depend on us the fans as long as we don''t start getting uptight and nervous i know that it''s hard but against Blackburn we all started to get tense i know it was understandable. as long as we sing our hearts out for the lads.

ps helveg, shacks, mullers and bents should all start