Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our new striker (hopefully)

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It also seems to imply that Cody Mac or Luke Daley (striker unamed) will be going on loan to the Gills as part of the deal. Would make sense really.[/quote]I''d be very happy with that. Hopefully not as steep as 750k, but the other part sounds good to me. [Y]

Agreed. I have been looking around the Gills forums and they dont seem to think he is anywhere near worth the ££ being mentioned.

[quote user="Legend16"]Agreed. I have been looking around the Gills forums and they dont seem to think he is anywhere near worth the ££ being mentioned.[/quote]

Neither do I. Really can''t get excited about this one.

Probably not many more. Im with GP etc on this one - I hope I''m wrong but have a sneaking suspicion he''s no better than what we already have apart from an ability to run fast - unfortunately this doesnt count for a lot in football otherwise people would be trying to sign Usein Bolt

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Probably not many more. Im with GP etc on this one - I hope I''m wrong but have a sneaking suspicion he''s no better than what we already have apart from an ability to run fast - unfortunately this doesnt count for a lot in football otherwise people would be trying to sign Usein Bolt[/quote]But having good back up is a great thing to have. Aside from Martin + Holt, we have pretty much no one else when these get injured/suspended to play up front. I for one would love the signing of Jackson, to give Martin a bit of competition so he doesn''t get complacent. I would however not spend 750k on him, but I would love to have him here yes.

Well we certainly lack pace in key areas.

From what I''ve read Gills supporters rate him but think the amount being touted is too much. A fair comment.

I also understand he had a fall out with the then manager thus he didn''t play in the latter stages of the season. Based on the unpopularity of the manager their fans seemed to side with Jackson.

Looking at the goals he''s scored, we would have a live wire!!

Gotta say i love the tern ''worth a punt'', used as if we have millions just lying around...

I think Jackson could do a decent job here

Who else would we rather see then for 500k?  I''m really struggling to think of anyone whos scored  more than 15 goals at any level in the last season or 2... Le Fondre maybe, but again, its not going to be someone proven at champ level. 

£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though?

Somehow I doubt it.

If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though? Somehow I doubt it. If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]

You cant make comparisons like that.  Get a grip man.  Next you;ll be saying Surman is a millions times the player of Korey cos we paid a million or so for him...

Who would you rather spend half a mil on?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though?

Somehow I doubt it.

If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]is Ronaldo however many times better than Grant Holt? 160 x better would it be? £80 million, Holt cost 500k? i wouldn''t say Ronaldo is 160x better than Holt.....hes better yes, but not that much better....

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though? Somehow I doubt it. If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]

You cant make comparisons like that.  Get a grip man.  Next you;ll be saying Surman is a millions times the player of Korey cos we paid a million or so for him...

[/quote]Marlon Harewood or Leroy Lita or Ched Evans or Jon Stead [:D]

But Lita and Evans are more likely to be in the £1m bracket - Harewood and Stead maybe a little less

For £500k I think Adam LeFondre.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

Marlon Harewood or Leroy Lita or Ched Evans or Jon Stead [:D]

Marlon Harewood - at best 2 season left in the game? 31 years old, well past his best,spent the 2nd half of the season injured, wages would be well in xs of £15k

Lita - attitude stinks, wages are over £20k per week, 8 goals in 35 games there, not a good enough returm for that investment, 2 or 3 years ago then yes...

Evans - No way Sheff U will sell for half a mil, at least 1.5 mil and based on last season has not turned into the player we all hoped, probably more due to Blackwell, but anyway well out of our price range

Stead - [:$] hes crap, just because someone posts a crap rumour, people then decide they want him to sign, nowhere near good enough, let him rot at ipshit, they can keep wasting money on him

At least Jackson still has some potential and for the money is still the best option imho...

[/quote]

Everyone saying that they aren''t happy about it, who else would you have for 750k and quite low wages? I would have thought it would be closer to 500, but for that amount of money and suspected low wages there isn''t really a better opttion.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Everyone saying that they aren''t happy about it, who else would you have for 750k and quite low wages? I would have thought it would be closer to 500, but for that amount of money and suspected low wages there isn''t really a better opttion.[/quote]who''s everyone.....Nearly every reply to Jackson threads i have seen, have been at least partially positive, worst comments have been price is too high.....but still think hes worth it....all the way up to Chris Martin is crap and Jackson is loads better....