Sign in to follow this  
GFC_Chalky

Gills fan here

Im caught in two minds over wether Jacko will do a good job for you or not. He has scored some quality goals no doubt, but a fair few of his tally came from penalties and he often gets into some great posistions only for his finishing to let him down.

However he will obviously be playing wth better players at Norwich who will create more chances for him. I hope he does well as he comes across as a decent fella as well.

No i wouldnt mate. He was treated pretty badly by our old boss Stimson. He dropped him half way through the 2nd half of the season with no apparent reason. Also he played him upfront on his own for most f the time which isnt ideal for a little striker. Thats another reason why he may do well, leaving Holt to do the phyiscal work etc. There was nothing in the way he played that showed bad attitude imo.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

A few Gills fans i know have criticised his attitude especially towards the end of last season.

Would you agree?

[/quote]Martin has a bad-ish attitude too. [:D]

Thanks for popping by mate. If we do loan you Cody McDonald for the season I think you''ll be pretty pleased with him.

Cheers same to you. Whats Cody Macdonald like? Heard good things so im hoping the rumour about a loan is true. If he''s half decent he should have a field day in league two. That league is worse now than when it was 2 seasons ago when our average team got promoted. Compared with last years league one its light years away.

[quote user="GFC_Chalky"]Cheers same to you. Whats Cody Macdonald like? Heard good things so im hoping the rumour about a loan is true. If he''s half decent he should have a field day in league two. That league is worse now than when it was 2 seasons ago when our average team got promoted. Compared with last years league one its light years away.[/quote]Good pace, strong, good attitude.Came into football late and has had to play catch up, but I reckon with regular starts he could be very good indeed. Lambert obviously rates him otherwise he would have got rid.Also his chances have been limited here by the fact other strikers have been doing so well.I think he''ll bang them in for fun in your league.

Lets hope so. If we get him you won''t find a Gills fan upset with this deal. Good bit f money and a striker to replace Jacksons goals. Hopefully Jacko does the job for you and everyones winner.

All the best lads.

[quote user="GFC_Chalky"]Lets hope so. If we get him you won''t find a Gills fan upset with this deal. Good bit f money and a striker to replace Jacksons goals. Hopefully Jacko does the job for you and everyones winner. All the best lads.[/quote]

All the best too (apart from on 10th August of course).  BTW have you still got Lance Cronin on trial or has he returned to the mighty Fleet?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]What a waste of money!![/quote]

F*ck off you complete and utter c*nt!

[/quote]

Chill man. He''s entitled to his opinion. I also feel £600k is a little steep, but I am happy with the signing really. [:)]
[/quote]

Blimey!

It''s the three stooges.

Will you still say he''s a waste of money if we get to the play off''s or promotion this season?  Not saying we will but, if. [:^)]

[quote user="GFC_Chalky"]Im caught in two minds over wether Jacko will do a good job for you or not. He has scored some quality goals no doubt, but a fair few of his tally came from penalties and he often gets into some great posistions only for his finishing to let him down. However he will obviously be playing wth better players at Norwich who will create more chances for him. I hope he does well as he comes across as a decent fella as well.[/quote]

The utube tribute,from the season before last,shows most of his goals comes from everywhere!..Heads,volley outside the box,the one at leeds,where he beats 4 players abd rounds the keeper,is pure class.The 6yrd box goals with agression as well..One poster says this is out of date and he has scored better since then..Has he got a temper problem though? 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="GFC_Chalky"]Im caught in two minds over wether Jacko will do a good job for you or not. He has scored some quality goals no doubt, but a fair few of his tally came from penalties and he often gets into some great posistions only for his finishing to let him down. However he will obviously be playing wth better players at Norwich who will create more chances for him. I hope he does well as he comes across as a decent fella as well.[/quote]

The utube tribute,from the season before last,shows most of his goals comes from everywhere!..Heads,volley outside the box,the one at leeds,where he beats 4 players abd rounds the keeper,is pure class.The 6yrd box goals with agression as well..One poster says this is out of date and he has scored better since then..Has he got a temper problem though? 

[/quote]Be decent enough to read his comments about the player rather than wasting his time repeating the same question that has already been posed to him.[quote user="ucl-canary"]

A few Gills fans i know have criticised his

attitude especially towards the end of last season.

Would you agree?

[/quote][quote user="GFC_Chalky"]No i wouldnt mate. He was treated pretty badly

by our old boss Stimson. He dropped him half way through the 2nd half of

the season with no apparent reason. Also he played him upfront on his

own for most f the time which isnt ideal for a little striker. Thats

another reason why he may do well, leaving Holt to do the phyiscal work

etc. There was nothing in the way he played that showed bad attitude

imo.[/quote]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Agree with CT here.[/quote]Before he''s even made his opinion known on this thread?Just agreeing with CT is a bad sign, let alone agreeing with him before he has as much as made a comment.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]I think someone has too much Sunny Delight and blue Smarties today.[:)][/quote]

[:P]

[/quote]I thought they removed the blue smarties? Or was that a joke? [:P]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="ucl-canary"]

A few Gills fans i know have criticised his attitude especially towards the end of last season.

Would you agree?

[/quote]Martin has a bad-ish attitude too. [:D][/quote]What evidence has there been of this in the last season? Give the guy a break!

[quote user="John"][quote user="Big Slob"]Agree with CT here.[/quote]Before he''s even made his opinion known on this thread?Just agreeing with CT is a bad sign, let alone agreeing with him before he has as much as made a comment.[/quote]I think it got deleted, he had a go at Banana-boy. Yes don''t often agree with him, usually a wannabe first wizard looking for attention.

He has found his level in league 1....

In all seriousness I think this a top signing. We needed another striker who was strong enough to start a match in the championship and give genuine competition to Martin and Holt. In Jackson I think we have that. I don''t think he has an attitude problem, my mates who are Gillingham fans have just told me he was very poorly managed by Stimson. He has a good goalscoring record and he seems lively. I remember him causing Villa a few problems in the cup a while ago. Has he actually signed for certain though? I haven''t seen anything on the Norwich or Gillingham official websites....

No temper problem at all mate. Good attitude. Agree with the other poster that he scores a variety of goals, i just seemed that a lot were pens. Although if he played more in the latter stages im sure his goal tally would''ve been higher. Be interesting to see if he starts. I can see Jackson and Holt as a great partnership

[quote user="Aunty Marge"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"]

F*ck off you complete and utter c*nt!

[/quote]Chill man. He''s entitled to his opinion. I also feel £600k is a little steep, but I am happy with the signing really. [:)][/quote]

Blimey!

It''s the three stooges.

[/quote]Here.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

Be decent enough to read his comments about the player rather than wasting his time repeating the same question that has already been posed to him.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Would you agree?

[/quote]

[quote user="GFC_Chalky"]No i wouldnt mate. He was treated pretty badly by our old boss Stimson. He dropped him half way through the 2nd half of the season with no apparent reason. Also he played him upfront on his own for most f the time which isnt ideal for a little striker. Thats another reason why he may do well, leaving Holt to do the phyiscal work etc. There was nothing in the way he played that showed bad attitude imo.[/quote]
[/quote]

As i posted,in a response to Morty on the other thread, today i was scanning quickly the posts as the boss is in town,and aint supposed to be in there!..Perhaps you didnt read all the posts today either!

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]Be decent enough to read his comments about the player rather than wasting his time repeating the same question that has already been posed to him.[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Would you agree?

[/quote][quote user="GFC_Chalky"]No i wouldnt mate. He was treated pretty badly by our old boss Stimson. He dropped him half way through the 2nd half of the season with no apparent reason. Also he played him upfront on his own for most f the time which isnt ideal for a little striker. Thats another reason why he may do well, leaving Holt to do the phyiscal work etc. There was nothing in the way he played that showed bad attitude imo.[/quote][/quote]

As i posted,in a response to Morty on the other thread, today i was scanning quickly the posts as the boss is in town,and aint supposed to be in there!..Perhaps you didnt read all the posts today either!

[/quote]The matter of reading a thread and reading the hundreds of thousands of comments and threads that get posted on this forum are two rather different matters, don''t you think?