Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Good move for Cody

Cody has returned to Kent by the looks of it and that''s a good move for him...I wish him luck on his loan move and hope being closer to home will reignite his career.

[quote user="Herbie"]He must feel like a right TW@T if he has to leave Germany already[/quote]To be honest, I never thought he would play much in this league. So for him, a move to a lower club, which he will probably be starting most games might be sound to his ears. [Y]

it is obvious that it will benefit him Brendo but geographically this is a massive plus for him...bit of a touch if you ask me.

[quote user="Brian Badonde I "]it is obvious that it will benefit him Brendo but geographically this is a massive plus for him...bit of a touch if you ask me.[/quote]I think you''ll find he comes from Essex (north Essex as well) as he only played footy for Dartford...and Gillingham is quite a way down in Kent, so prob not that much in it. I think the fact he''ll get games in the most important factor.

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Brian Badonde I "]it is obvious that it will benefit him Brendo but geographically this is a massive plus for him...bit of a touch if you ask me.[/quote]

I think you''ll find he comes from Essex (north Essex as well) as he only played footy for Dartford...and Gillingham is quite a way down in Kent, so prob not that much in it.
I think the fact he''ll get games in the most important factor.
[/quote]

Geography not a strong point at your school then. [;)]

i am not sure cody is quite good enough for this league, and i think lambert thinks the same , i see a loan move as a way of putting him in the shop window and i don''t expect him to be here next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McDonald

Yeah I see he was born in Chelmsford, but obviously has links with Dartford, I know he used to play at the Goals centre there.

Also interesting to see that it has already been updated that he plays for Gillingham.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Brian Badonde I "]it is obvious that it will benefit him Brendo but geographically this is a massive plus for him...bit of a touch if you ask me.[/quote]

I think you''ll find he comes from Essex (north Essex as well) as he only played footy for Dartford...and Gillingham is quite a way down in Kent, so prob not that much in it.
I think the fact he''ll get games in the most important factor.
[/quote]

Geography not a strong point at your school then. [;)]

[/quote]

Agreed, Gillingham is all of about 15 minutes from the Dartford crossing.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Then why give him a new contract then?[/quote]Obviously he is rated by our management, if he wasn''t he wouldn''t have got the contract.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Kent"]Then why give him a new contract then?[/quote]

Obviously he is rated by our management, if he wasn''t he wouldn''t have got the contract.
[/quote]

I agree.

Cody needs regular league football, there is no substitute for that.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Then why give him a new contract then?[/quote]

Was triggered by a certain number of appearences IIRC

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]But of course they had the option to not play him and not trigger the clause.Which, if the club hadn''t rated him I''m sure they would have done.It pretty much adds up to the same thing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

But of course they had the option to not play him and not trigger the clause.

Which, if the club hadn''t rated him I''m sure they would have done.

It pretty much adds up to the same thing.
[/quote]

Possibly but we were very short up front at times last season. Not sure Lambert had a lot of choice.

Cody needs this move. It was a big ask for him to step up from non-league football to the Championship, hopefully this loan will give him an opportunity at a better level to establish himself in the pro grame and he can then step up for us the following season.

Is he on his last year of his contract? if so. I hope he does well on loan, not so much as to just impress norwich in the hope of a new contract but just for his career in general.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

I hate this comment, it keeps re-occuring but actually doesn''t hold much water.

It makes it sound like Lambert was forced to give him a new contract but the truth couldn''t be further from the truth. Apparently he hit the number of appearences needed after January - after we had signed Oli.

The fact is if Lambert didn''t rate him full stop then he simply wouldn''t have given him the appearences to trigger the new deal. He would have shipped him out on loan or let him go for free. I think Lambert understands how players work, a season on loan at Gillingham will define whether he is good enough for league one or two and whether he should have a shot at Championship football.

In addition to that should we attain the unthinkable - and I think it will be a hefty battle to do it - and get promoted, will we be needing him in the premiership? Its best for all parties.

I for one like the guy so I hope he goes onto score buckets of goals and come back and do it for us.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

But of course they had the option to not play him and not trigger the clause.

Which, if the club hadn''t rated him I''m sure they would have done.

It pretty much adds up to the same thing.
[/quote]

Possibly but we were very short up front at times last season. Not sure Lambert had a lot of choice.

[/quote]

Only short in height. The clause was triggered after Christmas at which point we had: Martin, Holt, OJ, Cureton then Elliot and Daley. We weren''t that short or that pressed into having to play him, especially considering most of his appearences have been from the bench for the last 20mins of a game.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

I hate this comment, it keeps re-occuring but actually doesn''t hold much water.

It makes it sound like Lambert was forced to give him a new contract but the truth couldn''t be further from the truth. Apparently he hit the number of appearences needed after January - after we had signed Oli.

The fact is if Lambert didn''t rate him full stop then he simply wouldn''t have given him the appearences to trigger the new deal. He would have shipped him out on loan or let him go for free. I think Lambert understands how players work, a season on loan at Gillingham will define whether he is good enough for league one or two and whether he should have a shot at Championship football.

In addition to that should we attain the unthinkable - and I think it will be a hefty battle to do it - and get promoted, will we be needing him in the premiership? Its best for all parties.

I for one like the guy so I hope he goes onto score buckets of goals and come back and do it for us.

[/quote]

The club could still have said they are not giving him a new contract tho if they didnt think he was up to it!