Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Mooney on a Free

Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?[/quote]You have to, like, pay him wages and stuff though dude.[Y]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?[/quote]if you read brendo he meant he didnt think he was to bad when he was here on loan and says i doubt we could afford another striker which is why he suggested mooney [:P]

I wouldn''t mind him back i suppose, but don''t think he would get much of a chance behind Holt, Martin, Jackson maybe even Oli ahead of him.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?[/quote]You have to, like, pay him wages and stuff though dude.[Y][/quote]Yeah, but we pay like 20 or 30 people too, so 1 more wouldn''t like kill us and stuff though dude?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ? OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]

We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?
[/quote]

You have to, like, pay him wages and stuff though dude.

[Y]
[/quote]

Nah - let him (and his family) eat for free at Delias and bunk in The Gunn Club overnight.  Free board and lodgings - and maybe a bit of pocket money??

[quote user="City penguin"]joe cole is on a free, one more wont hurt.[/quote]Completely different. You reckon Mooney would be on loads? Doubt it.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Reading have released Mooney , Think he might be decent backup for Holt ?

OK I doubt we can afford another striker but I didnt think he was too bad for a loanee[/quote]We wouldn''t need to afford him, he''s a free agent.?[/quote]You have to, like, pay him wages and stuff though dude.[Y][/quote]Yeah, but we pay like 20 or 30 people too, so 1 more wouldn''t like kill us and stuff though dude?[/quote][&]

Another player from the Lee Croft, flatters to deceive category!

Looked good for us but produced little!

Done not a lot for Charlton last season in League 1!

Readign have sussed him out for the above reasons, hence his release from them!

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="City penguin"]joe cole is on a free, one more wont hurt.[/quote]

Completely different. You reckon Mooney would be on loads? Doubt it.
[/quote]

yh a good 5k a week. Reading typically pay astronomical amounts in wages. Lita 20k or somthing. He will want a fair share of what he was on at reading. 250K that we dont need to spend IMO. He will want a huge signing on fee aswell. All freebies get massive signing on fees.

[quote user="City penguin"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="City penguin"]joe cole is on a free, one more wont hurt.[/quote]Completely different. You reckon Mooney would be on loads? Doubt it. [/quote]

yh a good 5k a week. Reading typically pay astronomical amounts in wages. Lita 20k or somthing. He will want a fair share of what he was on at reading. 250K that we dont need to spend IMO. He will want a huge signing on fee aswell. All freebies get massive signing on fees.

[/quote]Fair doo''s. Thanks for explaining. [:)] Something others posters don''t think would help...

I liked him when he was here but after we were relegated and he joined up with Reading for the play offs he slagged us off saying he was glad to leave Norwich and that we mean nothing to him! Clearly an ungrateful sod and didn''t do fudge all for Charlton this season. Wouldn''t be surprised if he ended up playing for someone like Scunthorpe!

I don''t really see what he offers that Oli Johnson can''t. Neither player is really a target man in the mould of Grant Holt. But I think Oli brings more to the team in that he has the ability to unlock defences with a moment of magic. Mooney''s goalscoring record was also pretty poor with 5 goals in 28 games for Charlton last season in league 1. Oli got 4 goals in 17 with most appearances as a substitute rather than being a starter.