Sign in to follow this  
morty

Positivity

I get stupidly positive about the coming season every summer but really

struggle to remember the last time it was genuinely founded.

How many summers have we sat waiting for signings to happen, getting

pipped to the post by supposedly bigger clubs leading to the usual moans

and groans at how we can''t compete with the "big boys"?

Lets face it, we romped the league last year, and that was without even

starting to win regularly until a few months in.

Every single player Lambert has been brought in has been greeted with

enthusiasm, every player that leaves is seen as the right decision.The board seem right, the stadium has more seats, the season tickets are all but sold out.What could possibly go wrong?[:)]

I''m the same Morty, can''t wait for the season to begin.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m the same Morty, can''t wait for the season to begin.[/quote]I''m the same every summer lol, but I''m actually considering, for the first time ever, having a wee flutter on promotion. I believe you can get 18/1 which has to be worth a cheekey tenner.[:)]

Im buzzing! Cant wait!!! Im more excited this season than last but then I say that every year! But the signings do look good!!

As City fans we are so used to seeing optimism being dashed before our eyes, but I too am more than happy to feel good about the way things are going at the moment.

Bring it on I say, really looking forward to this season now, some very good signings , increased capacity etc etc

As you say Morty , where''s the catch or the twist, we are Norwich and there must be one somewhere !

Hope not though

OTBC

I am always looking forward to the new season with a bit of a buzz because its football.

I think this year was a first for me in terms of the world cup just not doing it for me. The international tournaments almost feel like a chance for you to ''try out'' supporting another team. I used to really get into it and this year at work we even ran our own fantasy football league and it still did nothing for me (probably because I had Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and E''to).

Nothing satisfies the thirst for my first and only real love - Norwich City FC. Although I am also quite possitive about this season I am also not allowing myself to believe that anything more than 12th-6th is possible. The championship is just too unpredictable for that.

However I hope to god that we have spent wisely and that Lambert will step up to the plate and get all of the players firing on all cylinders and we start the season with a couple of good wins to set us on the way.

Only dampner will be if Askou goes in my opinion, because I think we will be left short if that is the case and also he appears to be a good solid player on and off the pitch.

I think we will do really really well this season, there will always be people who think that everyone positive is deluded etc, but realisticly, any team in this league could get premoted fairly easy....its obviously going to be about consistancy, which is a rare thing in the Championship....look at Ipswich for example....Looked dead cert for relegation early on, then got well away from it, then towards the end, (not right at the end) they looked like they could still go down....

* the first game better not be like last season though.....that was terrible [:P] getting really exited, and then well.......

I hate to be the slightly negative but I don''t think the squad has the quality to achieve promotion but I certainly expect us to have a good season in the top half. And who knows because under Lambert you genuinely believe that anything is possible. We need a good start though as confidence is the only things which separates many teams in this league.

[quote user="morty"]I get stupidly positive about the coming season every summer but really struggle to remember the last time it was genuinely founded.

How many summers have we sat waiting for signings to happen, getting pipped to the post by supposedly bigger clubs leading to the usual moans and groans at how we can''t compete with the "big boys"?

Lets face it, we romped the league last year, and that was without even starting to win regularly until a few months in.

Every single player Lambert has been brought in has been greeted with enthusiasm, every player that leaves is seen as the right decision.

The board seem right, the stadium has more seats, the season tickets are all but sold out.

What could possibly go wrong?

[:)]
[/quote]

Norwich

A top half finish would be a decent season for me.  There is no outright fav this year, anyone can beat anyone, the 3 relegated sides already look average champ teams and Leeds and Millwall have done nothing to worry us.  Apart from us and Boro, very few teams so far have signed more than 2 or 3 players, if we can make the step up and our new players can gel, we have a good chance.  I reckon around 8 away wins and 13/14 wins with a few draws in the mix would put us around the top 6 and that doesn''t sound out of the question.  Time will tell, we have a good opening 3 or 4 games and could be in the top 6 or 8 after those and we appeared to have sorted our dreadful away form last year.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]I get stupidly positive about the coming season every summer but really struggle to remember the last time it was genuinely founded.How many summers have we sat waiting for signings to happen, getting pipped to the post by supposedly bigger clubs leading to the usual moans and groans at how we can''t compete with the "big boys"?Lets face it, we romped the league last year, and that was without even starting to win regularly until a few months in.Every single player Lambert has been brought in has been greeted with enthusiasm, every player that leaves is seen as the right decision.The board seem right, the stadium has more seats, the season tickets are all but sold out.What could possibly go wrong?[:)][/quote]

Norwich

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"]  I''m actually considering, for the first time ever, having a wee flutter on promotion. I believe you can get 18/1 which has to be worth a cheekey tenner.[:)][/quote]I very much doubt it when we''re shorter at 12/1 with most bookies just to win the title let alone promotion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]I''m the same Morty, can''t wait for the season to begin.[/quote]I''m the same every summer lol, but I''m actually considering, for the first time ever, having a wee flutter on promotion. I believe you can get 18/1 which has to be worth a cheekey tenner.[:)][/quote]How much are we to actually win the league Morty?Another couple of quality signings and I think that we would have as good a chance as any!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="morty"]  I''m actually considering, for the first time ever, having a wee flutter on promotion. I believe you can get 18/1 which has to be worth a cheekey tenner.[:)][/quote]I very much doubt it when we''re shorter at 12/1 with most bookies just to win the title let alone promotion.[/quote]Ahh thanks you have just answered my question... [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]I''m the same Morty, can''t wait for the season to begin.[/quote]I''m the same every summer lol, but I''m actually considering, for the first time ever, having a wee flutter on promotion. I believe you can get 18/1 which has to be worth a cheekey tenner.[:)][/quote]How much are we to actually win the league Morty?Another couple of quality signings and I think that we would have as good a chance as any![/quote]Dunno, just going off what I have seen on here.I''d lay some cash on us getting promoted, but not winning the league.

Paddypower currently has us at 16/1 to win the league. Forest and Middlesbrough lead the way at 15/2.

Yes at the moment everything seems to be moving in the right direction at the club!

Thats why we have to push as hard as we can to ensure the team get as close to getting out of this Division as they can - ideally getting promoted would be close enoug fo me!

All we need now is to actually do it!

[quote user="claud"]Paddypower currently has us at 16/1 to win the league. Forest and Middlesbrough lead the way at 15/2.[/quote]I would be willing to bet good money that we will finish above Forest if I had it!

To be honest I was equally excited last year and that was ended in the first game! I thought we had made some good and exciting signings (For that League!) But we do have a better manager now and the players he has bought in have inspired me once again with confidence. Just hope its not another false dawn.........