How much have we spent so far?

Jackson £600,000

Crofts £400,000

Ruddy £500,000

Surman £1,000,000

Fox £500,000

Ward £0

Total £3,000,000

Obviously most of the fees were undisclosed but having looked at other message boards from the clubs the players came from, these seem the realistic prices. If it is £3m then it seems to me that Lambert has been backed.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Jackson £600,000 Crofts £400,000 Ruddy £500,000 Surman £1,000,000 Fox £500,000 Ward £0 Total £3,000,000 Obviously most of the fees were undisclosed but having looked at other message boards from the clubs the players came from, these seem the realistic prices. If it is £3m then it seems to me that Lambert has been backed.[/quote]

Jeez! where the hell did that cash come from?[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dunno.gif[/img]

I doubt that the transfer fees are that much, however, there will be a lot of contract clauses for promotion, apperances and performance etc that would probably meet those evaluations.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Well Surman cost Wolves £2m last year so his is realistic and Jackson is £600,000 but rising to £1m![/quote]

Surman cost Wolves less than 1.5m so I doubt we''ve paid £1m on him.

Wolves paid a basic fee of 1.2mil. Just need a right back now, and possibly a right midfielder and the squad will be complete in my eyes

Didn''t Wolves owe us some money for Shackell, so we payed less? Anyway yeah, looking at it, quite a lot.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Wolves paid a basic fee of 1.2mil. Just need a right back now, and possibly a right midfielder and the squad will be complete in my eyes[/quote]

You think there will be more signings Big Slob??

To sign players on freebies there will be a larger signing-on fee, so I should think around £3mill was still spent given the slight over estimates on other transfer fees.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Jackson £600,000 Crofts £400,000 Ruddy £500,000 Surman £1,000,000 Fox £500,000 Ward £0 Total £3,000,000 Obviously most of the fees were undisclosed but having looked at other message boards from the clubs the players came from, these seem the realistic prices. If it is £3m then it seems to me that Lambert has been backed.[/quote]

No way. I think more realistically:

Jackson: £600k

Crofts: £300k

Ruddy: £200k

Surman: £600k

Fox: £100k

Yeah, because i don''t think he will go into the season with one right back. Unless he plans to play Korey there, then i expect we could see a right sided midfielder. Although this could be a loanee of course.

Doubt it amounts to that much.

Money accumulated from a number of varied sources I would guess: Foulger, Delia, tickets, one or two other unnamed benefactors.

Wolves rejected a £1m from Sheff Utd and said they wanted the £1.2m they paid back or they wouldn''t sell him... Surely that means we paid more than £600k up front?

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

No way. I think more realistically:

Jackson: £600k

Crofts: £300k

Ruddy: £200k

Surman: £600k

Fox: £100k

[/quote]I remember reading reports after the transfers that fees were: Ruddy £500k, Surman £1.2m (http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/2010/06/23/surmans-exit-starts-wolves-summer-sale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+shropshirestar_main+%28shropshirestar.com+main+feed%29), and Crofts £300k.  I didn''t see anthing about Fox.  These figures are likely to included all the add-ons for promotion & appearances

Apologies I thought we hadn''t spent that much on Surman. We definitely didn''t spend a great deal on Fox though. He wanted to leave and wasnt really in the managers plans because Colchester tend to bypass the midfield when they play.

I doubt very much they cost those amounts, wages and signing on fees have to be considered within the basic playing budget as well.Russell, Cureton & Doherty were 3 of the highest earners at the club so say for example they earned an average of 5k p/w each that equates to £750k+ over 12months, also McVeigh, Spillane & a few others have left this window also. Then we have the £2m in additional revenue available to the club so i''d guess the transfer fees +  signing on fees + wages of new signings will probably total around the £3-3.5m mark.

I really don''t think Surman cost that much, same as Jackson at the most.......

I also don''t think the money is really a suprise, if you look at the ammount we spent in loan fees etc the season or two before Lambert came in, and bigger transfer fees like Ashton and Earnshaw before that, we have always had some money to spend, just not as much as a lot of other teams.....

I think the amount spent will equate to somewhere between £2&3m. As mentioned though the year of the loans probably saw more than this going out in signing fees with nothing to show at the end.

Re a right back, think Lambert is not going to sign anyone. He clearly rates Martin and has Smith and Francombe as back up.

Wiz you don''t sit in the Huckeby Club for nothing and the 100 businessmen & women sitting there are expected to contibute in a small way to the Clubs funds. Gifts and Loans averaging £50,000 per member are suggested which adds up to £5 million in the first year. That is the source of the funds Lambert is spending and if the money is not there at this moment in time it is in the budget and is expected when the lads sitting on the tables for free get to work. No money, no dinner for them!

I would take transfer fees with a HUGE pinch of salt. All to often it is merely taking on the players contracts. Players will have written into their contracts the clause that if a higher wage is offered elsewhere they can move. A case in point is the paupers down the road. Any number of fanciful and imnagined ''teansfer fees'' are routinely bandied about but when you look at their accounts they don''t add up, even if you cut the numbers in half, then presume the player is playing for nothing.As to where any money came from then we were paying wages to -DohertyRusselCuretonMcVeighRoseSpillaneForsterand lesser to AdeyemiStephensI also expect a couple more to leave and/or go out on loan, which presumes much of that will equate to the wages of the new players.We receive £2.75m extra in TV money plus £25,000 title moneyThe season ticket sales have been phenomenal and the club appears confident that we will be selling out most games. Season ticket prices have gone up, inflation hasn''t.So with an extra £4m income and a hefty cut in the wage bill not much more than was expected.What is also expected is that we hit the ground running, get into a top position from the start then fight to stay there. Given the current climate and the state of many other clubs it may well be a long time before such an opportunity comes again.

My understanding was

Jackson - 600K

Crofts- 350k

Ruddy- 0-150K

Surman- 900K

Fox- 150K

Ward -0

Smith- 0

So just 2.1M

hope we haven''t spent to much more than this

Everton rated Ruddy very highly and their fans think its closer to £500,000. £150,000 for a keeper of his potential would be signing of the season!